Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buckskin32

Number of titanium coals

Question

I just recently bought a 24 inch hookah and everything on it is the typical set up for any hookah with the really bad Chinese or whatever bowl on top. I also bought titanium coals from hookahjohn.com and I was just wandering considering the size and like cheapness of the bowl that came with the hookah, how many coals should I put on top as I'm smoking it?

3 answers to this question

Probably two and a windcover. Those bowls have very poor ceramic quality. the more heat you start on them at first the more prone to burning it'll be. The problem is the walls are so thin that heat can not be condensed like in a Egyptian clay bowl. The heat is pushed more so through the tobacco than through the bowl which is what you need. Hookah should be indirectly heated and those bowls directly heat it and my cases.

If you don't have a windcover you could make one out of foil. If you don't want to go that route you can start with three but make sure they are perched on the edge of the bowl.

yeah I will definitely go with just two coals and a wind cover to manage the heat so the shisha doesn't burn.