Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buckskin32

Hookah Accessories

Question

I just recently bought a new standard 24 inch 2 hose hookah and some titanium coals even though I only have the crappy generic bowl that comes with like every hookah. I was just wandering what are some not very expensive but must have accessories that I should get? (Hoses, bowls, anything else)

12 answers to this question

You are not going to be working so much that you are not going to be able to smoke are you?

the good accessories are always exspesive lol. Ive spent probably 100 bick just on accessories alone and thats not including the blazing burn i bought. If you want a cheap but reliable hose pick up a couple of healthy hoses. They are nice to have has they are washable. Only 2 buck or around that price and you can toss them when ever you want. Next for a bowl any Egyptian clay bowl will do you well until you can spend the money for an anlien or 80 feet or any of the other hookah john bowls. Anything else you would like to know?

First things first and that is to get a new bowl stat. I think a Vortex and a funnel are a must-have in the cabinet of any hookah smoker. The brand of the bowl will be your preference as prices can get pretty steep, and I'm sure other people like Doug and Jen can jump in and tell you more about different bowls.

Depending on what type of tobacco you smoke, having a hemi bowl will also be good. I have all 3 and I use each one depending on what tobacco I'm smoking. For very wet shisha like fumari I use the funnel because it's very juicy. Social smoke, Al Fakher, Voodoo and Jewels I use mostly my vortex and Naklah which is drier I use the hemi. 

Second; get a few different hoses specially washable ones. Usually the hoses that come standard have a very restrictive draw and most people don't like the restriction. Also it's not washable so it will ghost badly when you smoke something like mint and you won't be able to wash away the taste. 

You can get a set of washable/disposable hoses like the nuhose brand that you can wash after each session and just throw it away when you can't get the ghosting out or just want a new one. You can get them for around $5 each. I personally use the Leo Nara ones and have have yet to get one to leak on me. I also use the Deezer washable hoses that I love very much because they are completely washable and very comfortable to use. As a matter of fact, I'm using my purple one right now. 

post-9346-0-26354000-1430196012_thumb.jp

This is my collection of hoses. The one on the left is the standard one that came with my first hookah. it's very restrictive and is not washable. The second one is my first clear Deezer which I love but started to leak so I put tape around the handle so I can still use it. :) 

The third one is one of my favorite hoses. The Social Smoke pro lounge washable hose with removable tip so I can use other accessories like the mystique ice hose tip. The last two on the right are the disposable/washable Leo Nara hoses which are also very comfortable to hold and easy to wash. 

post-9346-0-62698800-1430196115_thumb.jp

Another item that you should have in your repertoire of hookah accessories is a wind cover. As you get familiar with your hookah you will come to find the wind cover an indispensable accessory for heat management. 

post-9346-0-72320900-1430196379_thumb.jp

to me those are the most indispensable accessories to have as a hookah smoker. Everything else is just personal preference. 

I hope that helps a bit. 

First things first and that is to get a new bowl stat. I think a Vortex and a funnel are a must-have in the cabinet of any hookah smoker. The brand of the bowl will be your preference as prices can get pretty steep, and I'm sure other people like Doug and Jen can jump in and tell you more about different bowls.

Depending on what type of tobacco you smoke, having a hemi bowl will also be good. I have all 3 and I use each one depending on what tobacco I'm smoking. For very wet shisha like fumari I use the funnel because it's very juicy. Social smoke, Al Fakher, Voodoo and Jewels I use mostly my vortex and Naklah which is drier I use the hemi.

Second; get a few different hoses specially washable ones. Usually the hoses that come standard have a very restrictive draw and most people don't like the restriction. Also it's not washable so it will ghost badly when you smoke something like mint and you won't be able to wash away the taste.

You can get a set of washable/disposable hoses like the nuhose brand that you can wash after each session and just throw it away when you can't get the ghosting out or just want a new one. You can get them for around $5 each. I personally use the Leo Nara ones and have have yet to get one to leak on me. I also use the Deezer washable hoses that I love very much because they are completely washable and very comfortable to use. As a matter of fact, I'm using my purple one right now.

attachicon.gifIMG_0579.JPG

This is my collection of hoses. The one on the left is the standard one that came with my first hookah. it's very restrictive and is not washable. The second one is my first clear Deezer which I love but started to leak so I put tape around the handle so I can still use it. :)

The third one is one of my favorite hoses. The Social Smoke pro lounge washable hose with removable tip so I can use other accessories like the mystique ice hose tip. The last two on the right are the disposable/washable Leo Nara hoses which are also very comfortable to hold and easy to wash.

attachicon.gifIMG_0581.JPG

Another item that you should have in your repertoire of hookah accessories is a wind cover. As you get familiar with your hookah you will come to find the wind cover an indispensable accessory for heat management.

attachicon.gifIMG_0582.JPG

to me those are the most indispensable accessories to have as a hookah smoker. Everything else is just personal preference.

I hope that helps a bit.

i hate hate hate wind covers for inside smoking. Yeah they are good if i want to go to the beach and smoke but when i use one inside i get a metal taste and gets too hot unless the coals are little pebble sized.

i hate hate hate wind covers for inside smoking. Yeah they are good if i want to go to the beach and smoke but when i use one inside i get a metal taste and gets too hot unless the coals are little pebble sized.

really? I'm glad I haven't found any issues with my own wind cover changing the flavors. Let me tell ya, the wind cover has saved my ass a few times when I hit the hookah and it stops the coals from falling to the floor. 

I also find that the wind cover helps with the longevity of the coals and i don't use as many... but that's just me. 

really? I'm glad I haven't found any issues with my own wind cover changing the flavors. Let me tell ya, the wind cover has saved my ass a few times when I hit the hookah and it stops the coals from falling to the floor.

I also find that the wind cover helps with the longevity of the coals and i don't use as many... but that's just me.

idk if i told you but im the type of perosn to use minimal product for hookah. Like i usually use two coals on any bowl i use and add one ever 45 minutes. Ive got my alien to smoke for 3+ hours before and my large Egyptian clay 5+ hours.

idk if i told you but im the type of perosn to use minimal product for hookah. Like i usually use two coals on any bowl i use and add one ever 45 minutes. Ive got my alien to smoke for 3+ hours before and my large Egyptian clay 5+ hours.

I have never had a windcover affect the flavor. That's kind of weird. What kind of windcover do you have jHookah? I too use only 2 coals but that is with a windcover. I can get 3-4 hours from my generic phunnel. 

I recommend getting a coal carrier. It has definitely saved my carpet from unneeded holes. Plus whenever I take it over to other people's houses they really appreciate it. 

yeah I kind of gathered that you are a minimalist and I think that's awesome. In the summer time I used to smoke at an Egyptian lounge across the street from my old apartment and the seats were outside so they used a wind cover. I never really thought about it because I would just go and smoke. 

yeah I kind of gathered that you are a minimalist and I think that's awesome. In the summer time I used to smoke at an Egyptian lounge across the street from my old apartment and the seats were outside so they used a wind cover. I never really thought about it because I would just go and smoke.

ive never just liked windcovers i perfer to relax and set back instead of moving something around ever so often

I have never had a windcover affect the flavor. That's kind of weird. What kind of windcover do you have jHookah? I too use only 2 coals but that is with a windcover. I can get 3-4 hours from my generic phunnel. 

I recommend getting a coal carrier. It has definitely saved my carpet from unneeded holes. Plus whenever I take it over to other people's houses they really appreciate it. 

But I do have a coal carrier.....

post-9346-0-46706700-1430199321_thumb.jp

What?? you can't use the leftover dish from Chinese takeout as a coal carrier??  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :P  :monkeydance:

ive never just liked windcovers i perfer to relax and set back instead of moving something around ever so often

yeah I don't like to smoke and having to tend to coals or wind cover. I want to just set it and not having to get up until I have to change the coals. 

Going to have to throw out "Kaloud Lotus" simply for it's simplicity, simply put.  It's good for trying out new bowls, new coals, and new smokes, so it keeps everything consistent.  I still prefer foil and stabby but the Lotus is great for a quick Alien bowl of Tangier's before work or before bed...

I'd second the coal carrier, just because a dropped coal is both a dangerous one, and one that makes your floor like a crackhead's house.  If you don't want to opt for one right away, you could get a $1 steel (non-coated) saucepan at a yard sale or thrift shop.  MAKE SURE IT HAS NO COATING.  Or be super duper careful when putting them on the ash tray.

However, I'd say for first accessories, pick up a Social Smoke HEMI bowl, a good, washable hose (Nammor, Dream, lots of people make these - find one you like), and a handful of extra grommets in every size you can order.  A better bowl will greatly improve managing heat, and a washable hose will give you a much easier draw.  I refuse to use stock/unwashable hoses unless there's no other option anymore because they're so limiting.  If you want to cheap out a bit, but still have a good session, check out the NuHose - cheap, washable (even if it says it isn't), and disposable.  They sell 5 packs of them on hookah-shisha.com for around 12 bucks.  If one breaks, you'll have some backups.

A wind cover would be next, but you can always make one out of foil in the meantime.  There's plenty of tutorials around, just google for it.  Other accessories, like the Lotus, other bowls (like phunnel style bowls), upgraded hookahs... that can come later down the line.  Keep it simple - learn more about how to set everything up and use it anytime, then work toward trying out other things, like a phunnel bowl (highly recommended).