Desroth

Thoughts on Haze?

Question

Howdy all, thought I would get peoples opinion on Haze. One of my go to places is a distributor for Haze and is always pushing it. I picked up a 100g tin of it and got a bowl packed up by them to take home, but for some reason I just can't get it to smoke. I have tried fluffy packs, dense packs, multiple bowls, multiple coal configurations, hole patterns, everything and it just seems to burn immediately and give no smoke.

I never seem to have this problem with other brands that are similar (Haze reminds me of Starbuzz in terms of how it looks and feels), does anyone else have this issue, and if not how are the flavors on it?

• Like 1

Im not a fan of haze although ive always gotten huge clouds from them. What equipment are you using? Bowl, coals, foil or lotus

• Like 1

I have tried it both on my Unicus and my KM, two coco nara (by their recommendation), overpacked large egyptian bowl, one layer HD foil with a standard concentric ring pattern. 

• Like 1

You need more coals man. Two is teasing haze. That stuff can take 3 cubes on tiny bowls. Over pack and drown with heat. I always leave the center hole open in Egyptians and pack like a phunnel. Then add at least 3 flats or 2 cubes and a flat.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Certainly try it with more coals.  Coal count is certainly a personal preference, as some people like a mist and don't care much about output, while others like thunder clouds on the edge of burning.  I'm sure whoever recommended 2 coals is probably the former.

• Like 1

I LOVE HAZE. I tried them over a year ago and fell in love since. The best method is the fluff pack on an Egyptian with STANDARD foil, 3 Naras (one leaned), and standard spiral holes. I would recommend Frozen Lakes, Pumpkin Pleasure, Double Bubble, Quack Quack, and OMG

• Like 1

I definitely have to try Haze, but I'll have to order it because my local shops don't carry it. 

• Like 1

I LOVE HAZE. I tried them over a year ago and fell in love since. The best method is the fluff pack on an Egyptian with STANDARD foil, 3 Naras (one leaned), and standard spiral holes. I would recommend Frozen Lakes, Pumpkin Pleasure, Double Bubble, Quack Quack, and OMG

I have heard (from Paul and others) that Frozen Lakes is bad. I may have to try it myself. Over this past weekend I tested different packs and hole patterns and I was able to smoke some Haze 5 Cents a Cup. I ran my knife through it a few times and packed it like I pack Fumari (mix it up, sprinkle it, give it a slight push down, sprinkle more and repeat) and punched about four rings of very small holes on my generic phunnel. Plopped two Haze cube coals on top and slapped my windcover on. It went for days and was amazing.

• Like 1

I have only had 3 flavors by HAZE, all free samples for random hookah/shisha orders.  Frozen Lakes, which is a medicinal Vicks 44 mint with death-cherry, Sub-Zero which is what happens when you put altoids into a shisha (good for mixing, not so much a standalone), and Cucumberita, which is amazing, and makes me want a Cucumber Lime gatorade (however they've done a recall on this flavor since it had some kind of micro organism that was making people sick or somesuch) so now I've switched to Rockstar Cucmber Lime energy soda.

Haze smokes the way Starbuzz smokes the way Romman smokes the way Social Smokes the way for me.  Medium to dense packs, PhUnNeL or BUST Bud!! 2-3 Titaniums/Ecocha/Coconaras, fill to top of spire, and Kaloud Lotus or HD Foil with a nice, medium spacing foil punch pattern, not too many, not too few, not too big of holes and not too small...  

I'm going to try a few smoking experiments with the flavor saver coil thing and no foil...  Might allow me to use 4 coals on big bowls and get some massive clouds!!

• Like 2

I have only had 3 flavors by HAZE, all free samples for random hookah/shisha orders.  Frozen Lakes, which is a medicinal Vicks 44 mint with death-cherry, Sub-Zero which is what happens when you put altoids into a shisha (good for mixing, not so much a standalone), and Cucumberita, which is amazing, and makes me want a Cucumber Lime gatorade (however they've done a recall on this flavor since it had some kind of micro organism that was making people sick or somesuch) so now I've switched to Rockstar Cucmber Lime energy soda.

Haze smokes the way Starbuzz smokes the way Romman smokes the way Social Smokes the way for me.  Medium to dense packs, PhUnNeL or BUST Bud!!

The issue is the only coals I can grab are basically the Haze version of Mazyas. Would you still say drop three of them on top or stick to two with a windcover. The session I described was amazing but I noticed that it took a while to get going unlike when I smoke AF or Fantasia. I only raise the concern because the cubes spit some super hot fire and I would hate to cook the bowl in >30 minutes

• Like 2

You should totally try to pick up some coconut flats, amigo.  It's all the rage.  Those cubes are best with a windcover from what I hear, but I still dont have a windcover, so thats just some heresay, not to be confused with heresy.

• Like 2

I use to have a box of flats but those got used up right quick. Right now I am sitting on half a box of Coco Mazyas and a near full box of Haze cubes. Next time I make an order I will be grabbing some Titaniums or Chronics from HookahJohn or hookahshisha. The only issue I run into is that the boxing is about the same as Coconara flats, but neither site offer just the 5 buck drop ship boxes which dissuades me from ordering them... 

• Like 1

I use to have a box of flats but those got used up right quick. Right now I am sitting on half a box of Coco Mazyas and a near full box of Haze cubes. Next time I make an order I will be grabbing some Titaniums or Chronics from HookahJohn or hookahshisha. The only issue I run into is that the boxing is about the same as Coconara flats, but neither site offer just the 5 buck drop ship boxes which dissuades me from ordering them...

a couple months ago i picked up 30 kilos of chronic coals for 90 bucks gave 10 kilos to a friend and still sitting on about 10 to 15 xD
  • Like 3

Kinda jelly, not going to lie

a couple months ago i picked up 30 kilos of chronic coals for 90 bucks gave 10 kilos to a friend and still sitting on about 10 to 15 xD

• Like 2

Kinda jelly, not going to lie

just to rub it in a little more here is the complete set xD sorry had too

post-9402-14316601538411_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

just to rub it in a little more here is the complete set xD sorry had too

LOL that IS a lot of coals. I remember when you bought it and I would be surprised if you said that you ran out. LOL 

• Like 1

This just in: jHookah actually ignites coals for fun and lets them die out, just to piss the rest of the forum off.

LOLZ I actually laughed out loud. But maybe i do maybe i dont only i will know ;)
  • Like 2

This just in: jHookah actually ignites coals for fun and lets them die out, just to piss the rest of the forum off.

LOLZ I actually laughed out loud. But maybe i do maybe i dont only i will know ;)

ROTFLMAO! OMG I was laughing out loud as well. That was hilarious. 

• Like 1

Titanium flats and Ecocha (flats only?) are my next order for charcoal.  I love getting the small trial size boxes of various charcoals though, anything coconut and natural fascinates me...  I think my best luck with HAZE is with 3 flats to start, once they're blazin' I drop to 2, and it's holy smokes time!

Save a charcoal, light a JHookah!!  I'm kiddin' man... I'm kiddin'!!!

• Like 1

My haze shop near me just dropped a bombshell, 40% everything today. Gonna see if they got some flats in stock and maybe pick up some more haze and perhaps a new phunnel bowl

• Like 1

My haze shop near me just dropped a bombshell, 40% everything today. Gonna see if they got some flats in stock and maybe pick up some more haze and perhaps a new phunnel bowl

Just know haze changed their cans so if it is a fat can for 100 grams it Could be expired. The new 100 gram cans are not fat but relatively slim. Still no production/expiration date printed which sucks. That's a main gripe I have with haze and fumari; you never know when they were made.

• Like 2

Just know haze changed their cans so if it is a fat can for 100 grams it Could be expired. The new 100 gram cans are not fat but relatively slim. Still no production/expiration date printed which sucks. That's a main gripe I have with haze and fumari; you never know when they were made.

From what I have heard Fumari is good at making sure their product is fresh as they make very small batches at a time. Never particularly had a problem with them or Haze as of yet, but I have had the displeasure of getting a 250 of AF that was expired (got it as a repayment from a buddy) and that was just plain terrible.

• Like 2

Fumari sends out masses of product, recently I can't recall a time where I didn't see some expired stuff in smokeshops around me. They are based out of san diego so the west coast sees so much fumari that it physically can't be all fresh still. The key way to tell if fumari is fresh is a sticker on the back of the bag that says 3.5 oz, if it does not have that and has bold writing on the front that shit is old! There is nothing as gross as expired fumari in my book.

As for haze I've only bought one expired and it was terrible and dry. I threw it out after one bowl

Af orange when expired isn't too bad but I had a 250 of mango that was unsmokeable after it's expiration date.

• Like 2