Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mister Thrice

My first KM, now with Lule...

So I got a nice package from Hookah John today, my Lule trays for my Platinum Kamanja!  I also got in some Tangier's Peach Iced Tea at the recommendations of... everyone...  And this gorgeous, gorgeous Blue Rutile Flying Saucer bowl.  

I have all four Hookah John bowls now.  Two of them are Blue Rutile, my favorite color scheme.

I think with this new setup, I'm simply going to have to get a better, Syrian-style base.  It's unfortunate that the KM 'jumbo' bases are $50 everywhere I look...  It's also unfortunate that most of these bases are gold tone, which has no place with my Platy-manja...  I'll keep looking, and if you all have suggestions, fire away!!

post-9929-0-64094700-1430375904_thumb.jp

post-9929-0-33315000-1430375913_thumb.jp

So I got a nice package from Hookah John today, my Lule trays for my Platinum Kamanja!  I also got in some Tangier's Peach Iced Tea at the recommendations of... everyone...  And this gorgeous, gorgeous Blue Rutile Flying Saucer bowl.  

I have all four Hookah John bowls now.  Two of them are Blue Rutile, my favorite color scheme.

I think with this new setup, I'm simply going to have to get a better, Syrian-style base.  It's unfortunate that the KM 'jumbo' bases are $50 everywhere I look...  It's also unfortunate that most of these bases are gold tone, which has no place with my Platy-manja...  I'll keep looking, and if you all have suggestions, fire away!!

Very nice setup!!!! 

I don't know much about KM's but I'm sure everybody else on here that have one can jump in on this thread. 

KM Jumbo Bases are nice, the glass is super thick, and, depending on your tastes, look really great.  I'm more of a modernist, so I find them a touch tacky, but that's just my personal opinion.  I have one and I do use it often.

You can find other bases on the market that are just as good though.  Fumari sells their own bases that are really gorgeous and can be found on sale often.  Sahara Smoke also has some great options.  IMO, Sahara's have some of the best made on the market - find one on clearance or sale, and you'll get yourself a $100 base for 1/3 that.

Whatever you do though, just be sure they'll fit the hookah (both in opening diameter as well as height).  If you buy a base that's too short, you just bought yourself a $35 flower vase.