Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rzolko

New hookah

Question

Hi guys, i've been smoking out of my KM for the past 4 years , but im moving states and i cant take it with me.

I have a pretty good set up kaloud lotus ,d-hose and all but im wondering if i can upgrade.

Im just really confused between the Regal and the Starbuzz Challenger , which one has better cloud potetial ? Better air flow?

Thanks you for your time

4 answers to this question

Hi guys, i've been smoking out of my KM for the past 4 years , but im moving states and i cant take it with me.

I have a pretty good set up kaloud lotus ,d-hose and all but im wondering if i can upgrade.

Im just really confused between the Regal and the Starbuzz Challenger , which one has better cloud potetial ? Better air flow?

Thanks you for your time

They both would produce similar sized clouds, I can't speak about the air flow. I would imagine that they don't have a very restrictive airflow. 

Honestly, I think you should go with the Regal. 

They both have the most open airflow in any stem you can buy. The starbuzz's selling point is "unbreakable/scratchproof" while the regal is a beautiful wooden stem. One is modern (starbuzz) the other is vintage (regal)

Thanks for your advice , it's really useful , since I'm into more traditional hookahs i might buy the regal.

But i still have a couple of months to think.

Thanks!!

The Starbuzz does come with a warranty, so that's cool.  But, if you take care of your hookah, you shouldn't ever need it.  From the reviews I've seen, the starbuzz has a massively open downstem, which sounds very, very appealing to me, and it's made with metals that apparently don't ghost.  I can't vouch for that myself.  With the Starbuzz, you'll have to also provide your own bowls, base, and hose, which can make it actually more expensive than a Regal if you don't have those already.  But, by doing that, you can truly make it your own.

That being said, a Regal is one of the classiest hookahs you can buy that's mass produced, and it does have a much more traditional style.

Both are very expensive, but very worthy hookahs.  However, I truly believe that the $100-200 range is the best bang for your buck when it comes to hookahs (at least the metal ones, glass is another story altogether).  Going over $200 - you're spending a lot of money on something that only gives you negligible improvements on the experience.  Once you dip below $100, you're downgrading to cheaper metals and die-cut parts.  If you want to save some money, I'd advise looking for a KM stem that runs you about $120 that's in the 20-30" range (too short often means the smoke doesn't have enough time to cool, too long and you have stale smoke sitting in the base and stem much more often), then get yourself a good hose, base, bowl (or two), and a couple containers of tobacco.  You'd get all that for about the same cost (or less even!) as a Regal, which you'd probably end up still swapping out the hose on, and you'd have tobacco to boot.