Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dd0723

MintCrate.com website for monthly Shisha delivery

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this, so I settled on this thread.

So I came across this new company on Instagram that has come up with this great premise. Their business model is that you pay one of three pre-determined amounts and on a monthly basis you get a shipment of different shisha hand-picked from your flavor profile created on their website. 

Needless to say that I already created my account but doing the math I don't think I smoke as much shisha on a monthly basis as their smallest amount. their cheapest plan without the coals is $34.99 for 300 grams of different flavor shisha which I honestly think is a great deal. 

So just think of it as the fruit of the month club but with SHISHA!!!! What a great idea and I wonder how come nobody else thought of it before. 

So I figured that maybe you guys can check them out or maybe nima can reach out to them to see if they can be one of our trusted vendors and maybe we can help each other out. I think it's a wonderful idea bound to take off like a rocket. 

Their website is: http://www.mintcrate.com 

What do you guys think? sound off. 

post-9346-0-30065500-1431236633_thumb.pn

Thats actually a pretty good deal, 100g of shisha usually runs around $10 so for just $5 more they'll choose new stuff for you and ship it to you automatically. Would be cool to have Nima and Paul vet them and see how they do.

Hookah On Mars has something similar as well - https://www.hookahonmars.com/astro-crate

Well im an af smoker and 35 a month for 300g isnt the best option for me as 250 runs anywhere from 12 to 15 in va that is thats great for down in fl where af 250g is 25 to 30 bucks

And they followed me on insta but never looked into them thought it was just another account like the king

Well im an af smoker and 35 a month for 300g isnt the best option for me as 250 runs anywhere from 12 to 15 in va that is thats great for down in fl where af 250g is 25 to 30 bucks

Yea for AF, this isnt a good choice lol Or Nakhla. But for the "modern" brands, this would be a good deal. I would take 3 fumari(or haze, pure, whatever) flavors each month for $35 shipped any day lol 

Yea for AF, this isnt a good choice lol Or Nakhla. But for the "modern" brands, this would be a good deal. I would take 3 fumari(or haze, pure, whatever) flavors each month for $35 shipped any day lol

i might try it out with pure if that 35 includes shipping

Over the years, I've gotten so I really only like a few brands of flavors as my go-tos, and I'm less willing to try out something new at home when I have flavors I really like already on hand.

That being said, this seems like a really cool idea, but not for me.  If they had a smaller plan, around 150g, I might would consider it.

Thats actually a pretty good deal, 100g of shisha usually runs around $10 so for just $5 more they'll choose new stuff for you and ship it to you automatically. Would be cool to have Nima and Paul vet them and see how they do.

Hookah On Mars has something similar as well - https://www.hookahonmars.com/astro-crate

You beat me to the punch. I was just going to say the same thing. I already checked them out and they are actually cheaper than cratemint.com by $5. However the smallest amount is also 300g of shisha, which by my calculations it's still too much of a monthly amount for me. I'm trying to spin this a million ways to justify buying that much shisha, but I don't have friends over to smoke with me so that would just be way too much for me to handle. 

The good thing is that you can cancel anytime and pick back up again when you need more, but I do question how "easy" it would really be to cancel or "stop" the account so I can catch up. It's a really great idea and I'm totally in love with the premise of the easiness of being able to get my shisha, different shisha, every month in the mail without having to go to my local shops where they have very limited selections. This way I get to try different brands and flavors and it will be a surprise in the mail every month. 

So I don't know. I'm still looking into this because it's the same I would spend when I go to my local shop. 

Yeah I guess that's a good way of looking at it as well. 250g of AF for me is $20 and if I want 100g of Fumari is over $15. The only really affordable shisha in my local shops is Nahklah which they just raised the price $3 to $11.99 for 250g and the flavor selection is only 3 at most. Of course there's Voodoo which goes for $5.99 for 50g, so 250g of Voodoo would run me $30 anyway, so I don't really see this program any other way but a win-win situation for me. 

Yeah that's what I'm saying and its great marketing. If they say "Modern Tobacco" I'm automatically assuming that Its stuff like Fumari, Haze, Argelini and even social smoke, Not only Nakhla, and and Al Fakher otherwise they are making a killing in this program. 

I haven't checked the program from hookah on mars yet but at least with MintCrate.com it allows me to specify NO STARBUZZ. 

Yeah from what I've learned is $35 with shipping included. 

It does as far as I can tell. I like that you can set a profile so you dont get stuff that you don't want. I'm not sure if it lets you choose specific brands because I didnt actually try it, but I'm sure its something that could be done.

Yeah that's what I'm saying and its great marketing. If they say "Modern Tobacco" I'm automatically assuming that Its stuff like Fumari, Haze, Argelini and even social smoke, Not only Nakhla, and and Al Fakher otherwise they are making a killing in this program. 

I haven't checked the program from hookah on mars yet but at least with MintCrate.com it allows me to specify NO STARBUZZ. 

Sounds like you are selling it to yourself DD lol Might as well take the plunge.

It does as far as I can tell. I like that you can set a profile so you dont get stuff that you don't want. I'm not sure if it lets you choose specific brands because I didnt actually try it, but I'm sure its something that could be done.

Sounds like you are selling it to yourself DD lol Might as well take the plunge.

what i found was they provide af, fumari, haze, and i beleive social smoke thats it so far

yeah when you login to your account and you set your flavor profile you can tell them what types of flavor you like. For example you can choose sweet, fruity, minty, berry, tea, etc etc. On the next page you can specify which brand you do NOT want. So for me I set starbuzz as a brand I don't want. However you can also choose what flavors you do not want and not just the brand. 

You are right jen, I'm selling myself. LOL. I'm comparing it to what hookahonmars.com offers to make a decision and I'm going to set my order as soon as I start getting low because right now I have more flavors than I can handle. 

Their site says to order before the 20th to get your package for the upcoming month so I have to keep that in mind. :) 

what i found was they provide af, fumari, haze, and i beleive social smoke thats it so far

Even just those brands just imagine the choices if you consider all the flavors that each brand has. it's mind blowing and I believe it's perfect for me because I love to always try new flavors no matter the brand.

Even just those brands just imagine the choices if you consider all the flavors that each brand has. it's mind blowing and I believe it's perfect for me because I love to always try new flavors no matter the brand.

it's hard for me because I'm not a fan of haze or SS and love mint in everything

it's hard for me because I'm not a fan of haze or SS and love mint in everything

yeah that's true, I was going to say that you can select only mint on your flavor profile but if you don't like those other brands, then I don't see that working for you. 

yeah that's true, I was going to say that you can select only mint on your flavor profile but if you don't like those other brands, then I don't see that working for you.

yeah especially since I've tried all the mints for haze af and SS idk if fumari has a mint

UPDATE: No social smoke but argalini the rest of the brands are fumari, haze, and Al Fahker

Hummm as much as I love Social Smoke that could be a deal breaker for me. However for the chance to try different brands and flavors I'm still willing to take a chance on this program. I mean I can always order Social Smoke from their website at any time that I want. It's not like it's impossible for me to get, so I'm still voting yes on me sighing up.  :dancingbanana:

Hummm as much as I love Social Smoke that could be a deal breaker for me. However for the chance to try different brands and flavors I'm still willing to take a chance on this program. I mean I can always order Social Smoke from their website at any time that I want. It's not like it's impossible for me to get, so I'm still voting yes on me sighing up. :dancingbanana:

I was talking to the guy on in stag ram and he seemed really cool and informed me that he is trying to get more brands as a response to me telling him to try and get Tangiers or social smoke

Also found out they ship every last Monday of a month next paycheck I'll be ordering a box

My girlfriend said something that makes sense. Since I don't consume that much tobacco, that I could just sign up and cancel for next month, then sign up again and cancel again as long as the canceling process is not a nightmare of course. 

My girlfriend said something that makes sense. Since I don't consume that much tobacco, that I could just sign up and cancel for next month, then sign up again and cancel again as long as the canceling process is not a nightmare of course.

yeah they guy seemed open to opinions maybe I'll bring up a one time buy in a future conversation I have with him. I'm really excited to see how this company grows

I was talking to the guy on in stag ram and he seemed really cool and informed me that he is trying to get more brands as a response to me telling him to try and get Tangiers or social smoke

ooooohhhhhh I didn't even think of Tangiers as a possibility of being added to the package. They do have 100g packs right? They can sign up with the smaller package. Although tangiers is not a tobacco for everybody and people might not know what to do with it. That concerns me even though is a "modern" tobacco...sort of.