Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DudeWhere'sMyHookah

Phunnel bowl glycerin condensation

Question

Brand new tangiers small literally only washed and used a few times has all this juice on the outside each time I smoke. My alien did the same which is why I threw it out.

Why is this happening? There are no holes o can see and it's frankly pissing me off knowing its brand new two days old.

13 answers to this question

Also I can sit there and wipe the outside clean with a napkin and have to immediately do it again within a few minutes.

If I had the money and stock of tobacco to use the dream silicone bowl I would but it's harmony size and about 20 locally. Given I just spent 15 on a fumari bowl to not fit then order the tangiers same day at 22 I don't WANT to get another bowl.

Brand new tangiers small literally only washed and used a few times has all this juice on the outside each time I smoke. My alien did the same which is why I threw it out.

Why is this happening? There are no holes o can see and it's frankly pissing me off knowing its brand new two days old.

could you explain more I'm not sure what you mean

You might be overpacking it, particularly if you're smoking Tangiers.  I get that sometimes.  Basically, the glycerin heats up, bubbles over the side, and leaks.  This is why you can also have juice running down the stem of a phunnel too.

When you put foil on the bowl, get something hard and rounded (that's what she said, but seriously, maybe the handle of your poker), and, after punching the holes, rub it along the edge of the bowl.  This will smooth out the foil, ensuring there are no leaks on the side.  For an extra-awesome seal, rub some of the glycerin on the edge of the bowl, then do the above.  The glycerin will heat up, melt, and basically create a glue.

I honestly think it might be overpacking. I had the same issue with my funnel when I first tried the Hydro Vapor Stones. Then I I saw a youtube video from Jen I believe, that putting too may stones will make the juices bubble over. The next few times I tried it, I put less stones and the juices hasn't bubbled over ever since without affecting the smoke quality. 

Check out the picture i posted. 

post-9346-0-59596900-1431416170_thumb.jp

Ive never had this problem as i usually under pack a lot mostly because i hate when shisha stick to the kaloud i save more shisha but do get a shorter session by 20 to 40 minutes also under pack for tinfoil also

Alright guys I shall try less tobacco. The small doesn't fit the lotus perfect so I have been putting quite a lot In to make sure it grips. Basically just been on fumari as well

It's still doing it guys. There is no way it's spilling over. The lotus barely made contact with the shisha.

The outside spire is coated with red bubbles. Yet none is on the outside of the bowl to show it spilled over. I'm smoking mazaya and starbuzz with little juice anyway abd still it does it. What the fuck.

I've seen this before but never with a brand new bowl. Usually it happens with age as micro fractures appear in the glaze allowing the juices to seep through. Not really an issue aside from being plain annoying.

I've seen this before but never with a brand new bowl. Usually it happens with age as micro fractures appear in the glaze allowing the juices to seep through. Not really an issue aside from being plain annoying.

that happens only on the top of my alien bowl but the tinfoil covers it so its not an issue for me

Super annoying. Doesn't effect the smoke but I hate this. It's a pet peeve of mine haha

Well no matter the packing level it happens and that's okay. I guess I won't look at it forever more. Just smoke in bliss. Thanks for the help everyone. I'll chalk it up to the hookah gods being displeased I suppose!

Here is what's going on.

Moisture? When I saw it that way that's the first thing that came to my mind as I've never seen it that way. When it was happening to me it was just streams of liquid rolling down the bowl, but never dots like that.