Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mookmonsta

My Fantasia Shisha keeps coming dry!

I noticed that every time I buy one of the small boxes of Fantasia it's super dry, but when I buy the larger containers it's juicy as hell! Am I the only one? And if not, does anyone know why this keeps happening to me?

You could be getting older boxes which, regardless of brand, are known for losing molasses over time. You can just add your own honey, molasses and or glycerin to get it back to how it should be

You could be getting older boxes which, regardless of brand, are known for losing molasses over time. You can just add your own honey, molasses and our glycerin to get it back to how it should be

What Chernobyl said. I have noticed that the small boxes, when I get them, tend to be on the older side. They are not usually past expiration, but they are very close. Personally I have found the small boxes to vary radically from box to box and even flavor to flavor. One box will be so moist that I need to pat it down before packing, and another box of the same flavor will be the wetness of a 50g of AF. I usually steer clear of Fantasia unless it is Magic Dragon or the Cactus Punch, AF (for my area) is much cheaper and is always consistent so it is my go to brand. But yeah, Fantasia is just hit or miss from experience.

I second what Chernobyl said, if it's too dry you can just add a bit of honey and/or molasses and some glycerine and just let it sit for 24 hours before smoking it. That will allow for the shisha to absorb the new juices. 

Thanks guys, I thought I was just unlucky. Smoke shops do tend to let their shisha sit for long periods of time. I think that the tins keep a lot better than the boxes. Never have a problem with Al Fakher though, always deliciously wet.

What Chernobyl said. I have noticed that the small boxes, when I get them, tend to be on the older side. They are not usually past expiration, but they are very close. Personally I have found the small boxes to vary radically from box to box and even flavor to flavor. One box will be so moist that I need to pat it down before packing, and another box of the same flavor will be the wetness of a 50g of AF. I usually steer clear of Fantasia unless it is Magic Dragon or the Cactus Punch, AF (for my area) is much cheaper and is always consistent so it is my go to brand. But yeah, Fantasia is just hit or miss from experience.

I usually don't buy fantasia either but I was in vegas and needed my fix...I just noticed that it came super dry, and back when I first started smoking hookah I bought a small box of safari melon dew and it was also dry. Their ice mint is probably the best thing they've got going for them.

I usually don't buy fantasia either but I was in vegas and needed my fix...I just noticed that it came super dry, and back when I first started smoking hookah I bought a small box of safari melon dew and it was also dry. Their ice mint is probably the best thing they've got going for them.

im a mint smoker and the ice mint wasnt good at all for me at least im not a fan of fantasia really

I liked the Ice Mint, but it got old kinda quick for me.  I bought a ton of it (1k) and ended up giving some away on the forums a while back.

I just use it for mixing now but I just ordered Tangiers cane mint for the first time and I'm expecting it to be the best mint flavor I've ever tasted in my life based on the reviews.

I just use it for mixing now but I just ordered Tangiers cane mint for the first time and I'm expecting it to be the best mint flavor I've ever tasted in my life based on the reviews.

Cane Mint is fantastic, if you like candy cane.  I found the taste to be really nice and minty, but I honestly prefer Tangiers Mint and Nakhla Mizo Mint over them.  The sweetness of the Cane Mint got old.