Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ricky

Of the "Trusted Vendors"... which is actually trustworthy?

Hey all! :lol: 

So I recently stumbled upon the "Trusted Vendors" tab thinking, "Ok, these websites must be pretty legit to order from since they're mentioned on this friendly website."
I explore a few of the websites, and fall in love with the prices of hookahset.com, only to later find out that it is basically a customer service death trap! :grouplaug:
  :rockingdeath:  :pissedoff:  

(I'd very much rather not add more stress to my life at this moment in time.)
So I go back to read that these websites
PAY(?!?) to be a "trusted
" vendor on this forum, which is irony and bribery at its finest?
I honestly don't know who or what to trust anymore, besides my lovely local hookah shops
(though overpriced at times they are still my go-to <3).

FRIENDS,  :wub: 

If you can, please post/comment on your FLAWLESS online order transaction(s) you have had with ANY of these "trusted" vendors.
(Preferably hookah-shisha and hookahset).

If you can, please post/comment on your adventure(s) through hell and back with said-company from the "trusted" list. 

Feedback would be greatly appreciated! (As this post took 5ever to edit, just saying.) Thank you everyone, hope to hear from you all! :o

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I imagine this emoticon thing,  :grouplaug:
 , to be the employees of the "trusted" vendors laughing at us...
Useless Employee 1: "I scammed a and b today!"

Useless Employee 2: "Well yeah!? I scammed x, y, and z!"
Useless Boss: "That's funny because I scammed all of those guys last year, and they came back!"

Hey rxio, seems you're new around here, so welcome.

Try not to get too carried away with font sizes, colors, and emoticons - it makes your post rather difficult to read.  But, to answer your question:

While others have their favorites, I order from Hookah-Shisha and HookahJohn(.com) for all my purchases.

Hookah-Shisha is going to have the biggest inventory, and they have some rather good coupon codes, both in our "Trusted Vendors" section, as well as on their site (I'm partial to the free shipping over $100 coupon and comparing it to the one on Hookah.org).  Hookah-Shisha is, arguably, one of the biggest hookah supply vendors in the states - they manage their website, HookahCompany.com, and an entire wholesale division for lounges and bars.  They've got their stuff together.

HookahJohn is where I go when I need a few small, specific things that maybe Hookah-Shisha doesn't have, and when I don't care as much about shipping times (not that they're long, they just vary a day or two).  HookahJohn is the creator of both the Alien Mini and Harmony bowls, as well as Chronic and Titanium coals.  He's a smart guy with a good business mind, and I've never had an issue with dealing with his company, but his inventory is much smaller than H-S.

I've also done business with SocialSmoke(.com) and TheHookah(.com) in the past, both also with great results, but they provide products I'm just not as interested in any longer, so I don't order from them often.  Social Smoke's always been on top of things.  TheHookah could use a little more polish and communication, and their delivery times are a little slow, but they've got some interesting products not available on other sites as well.

We also have a lot of other reviews in the forums, typically one thread per vendor, so search around.

That being said, the stuff mentioned about HookahSet could be said about any vendor.  People don't come online to say "yes, I got exactly what I ordered."  People come online to bitch and moan when something goes wrong.  Every vendor I've ever had an issue with has been terrific at responding and remedying the problem.

I too only use hookah-shisha and hookahjohn. Chances are if youre looking for something one of those two websites will have it if not well thats just bad luck. I believe those two sites are the most used by our forum family so i would start with those two

Hey all! :lol: 

So I recently stumbled upon the "Trusted Vendors" tab thinking, "Ok, these websites must be pretty legit to order from since they're mentioned on this friendly website."

I explore a few of the websites, and fall in love with the prices of hookahset.com, only to later find out that it is basically a customer service death trap! :grouplaug:  :rockingdeath:  :pissedoff:  

(I'd very much rather not add more stress to my life at this moment in time.)

So I go back to read that these websites PAY(?!?) to be a "trusted" vendor on this forum, which is irony and bribery at its finest?

I honestly don't know who or what to trust anymore, besides my lovely local hookah shops

(though overpriced at times they are still my go-to <3).

FRIENDS,  :wub: 

If you can, please post/comment on your FLAWLESS online order transaction(s) you have had with ANY of these "trusted" vendors.

(Preferably hookah-shisha and hookahset).

If you can, please post/comment on your adventure(s) through hell and back with said-company from the "trusted" list. 

Feedback would be greatly appreciated! (As this post took 5ever to edit, just saying.) Thank you everyone, hope to hear from you all! :o 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I imagine this emoticon thing,  :grouplaug: , to be the employees of the "trusted" vendors laughing at us...

Useless Employee 1: "I scammed a and b today!"

Useless Employee 2: "Well yeah!? I scammed x, y, and z!"

Useless Boss: "That's funny because I scammed all of those guys last year, and they came back!"

Hey rxio. The Trusted Vendors section of our site definitely needs work. We're actually having a Would love to hear your thoughts on our ideas in that thread too. 

Hey rxio, seems you're new around here, so welcome.

Try not to get too carried away with font sizes, colors, and emoticons - it makes your post rather difficult to read.  But, to answer your question:

While others have their favorites, I order from Hookah-Shisha and HookahJohn(.com) for all my purchases.

Hookah-Shisha is going to have the biggest inventory, and they have some rather good coupon codes, both in our "Trusted Vendors" section, as well as on their site (I'm partial to the free shipping over $100 coupon and comparing it to the one on Hookah.org).  Hookah-Shisha is, arguably, one of the biggest hookah supply vendors in the states - they manage their website, HookahCompany.com, and an entire wholesale division for lounges and bars.  They've got their stuff together.

HookahJohn is where I go when I need a few small, specific things that maybe Hookah-Shisha doesn't have, and when I don't care as much about shipping times (not that they're long, they just vary a day or two).  HookahJohn is the creator of both the Alien Mini and Harmony bowls, as well as Chronic and Titanium coals.  He's a smart guy with a good business mind, and I've never had an issue with dealing with his company, but his inventory is much smaller than H-S.

I've also done business with SocialSmoke(.com) and TheHookah(.com) in the past, both also with great results, but they provide products I'm just not as interested in any longer, so I don't order from them often.  Social Smoke's always been on top of things.  TheHookah could use a little more polish and communication, and their delivery times are a little slow, but they've got some interesting products not available on other sites as well.

We also have a lot of other reviews in the forums, typically one thread per vendor, so search around.

That being said, the stuff mentioned about HookahSet could be said about any vendor.  People don't come online to say "yes, I got exactly what I ordered."  People come online to bitch and moan when something goes wrong.  Every vendor I've ever had an issue with has been terrific at responding and remedying the problem.

I too only use hookah-shisha and hookahjohn. Chances are if youre looking for something one of those two websites will have it if not well thats just bad luck. I believe those two sites are the most used by our forum family so i would start with those two

Thanks for input all! I have been looking at hookah-shisha and so far it seems to have the best reviews from what I can find. I am looking to put in an order soon for a Mya hookah with a few accessories. Downsizing from my KM for the portability and convenience!!! Kind of excited!

Thanks for input all! I have been looking at hookah-shisha and so far it seems to have the best reviews from what I can find. I am looking to put in an order soon for a Mya hookah with a few accessories. Downsizing from my KM for the portability and convenience!!! Kind of excited!

i would say keep the km i dont like mya hookahs as i think most are cheaply made but thats my opinion

i would say keep the km i dont like mya hookahs as i think most are cheaply made but thats my opinion

Oh of course, not throwing it out. Just want something smaller for solo sessions lol. My base grommet for the KM ripped (idk how) and I never got around to ordering a new grommet. Therefore, it is top-heavy with the KM hose and I have to hold it up with tape etc, it's just an ugly hot mess I'm tired of seeing xD

Oh of course, not throwing it out. Just want something smaller for solo sessions lol. My base grommet for the KM ripped (idk how) and I never got around to ordering a new grommet. Therefore, it is top-heavy with the KM hose and I have to hold it up with tape etc, it's just an ugly hot mess I'm tired of seeing xD

well might as well get a new one while you get your new hookah

well might as well get a new one while you get your new hookah

True, would be a good idea since shipping costs lol.

True, would be a good idea since shipping costs lol.

i just made an order with hookah company and i believe they still are offering free shipping on orders over 20 bucks

Mya hookahs are indeed cheaply made... if you get a cheap, "Econo"-line one.  I have a Piccolo, and, sure, it's more expensive, but the thing is built like a tank, and hits almost as hard as my KMs.