Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jHookah

Kaloud lotus?

Question

Can quick lights work with the lotus? Moving in the morning and half way in thinking about stopping half way for a smoke session. I have a pack of the small 3 kings quick lights and was thinking three should do the work

21 answers to this question

Can quick lights work with the lotus? Moving in the morning and half way in thinking about stopping half way for a smoke session. I have a pack of the small 3 kings quick lights and was thinking three should do the work

The quick lights are round, would they fit in there? 

The quick lights are round, would they fit in there?

i think they will not that much bigger than a natural coal

I don't see why they wouldn't work, the shape may be a bit of a hassle to fit inside though. Maybe splitting them and then lighting will be better

But 3 kings are pretty tiny. May be able to fit 2 or 3 if you squish em in real tight.

thank i do have the 33 mm size three kings not the big 45 mm ones so i think they should work

I don't see why they wouldn't work, the shape may be a bit of a hassle to fit inside though. Maybe splitting them and then lighting will be better

thanks i guess ill see tomorrow how to get it working lol. Now should i try two or three?

thanks i guess ill see tomorrow how to get it working lol. Now should i try two or three?

I'd start with two and go from there. They're quicklights so you don't have to light up the stove and wait for em, which is a plus.

I'd start with two and go from there. They're quicklights so you don't have to light up the stove and wait for em, which is a plus.

yeah thats why ( unfortunately ) will be using quick lights as i do have a 12 hour drive tomorrow

yeah thats why ( unfortunately ) will be using quick lights as i do have a 12 hour drive tomorrow

so where are you going to smoke it? are you going to stop at a rest stop and set up camp? that would be super cool. 

12 hour drive!? You deserve two bowls for that!

12 hour drive!? You deserve two bowls for that!

yeah im debating on if i should smoke while drive because i do have the lotus and samaris bowl so i dont have to worry about the coals or lotus falling off the bowl and i do have a stable place to put the hookah

yeah im debating on if i should smoke while drive because i do have the lotus and samaris bowl so i dont have to worry about the coals or lotus falling off the bowl and i do have a stable place to put the hookah

I'm way too nervous to do that but for a 12 hour drive, it might end up making it easier on you.

so where are you going to smoke it? are you going to stop at a rest stop and set up camp? that would be super cool.

all i have is cane mint and orange mint so im not sure lol and either that or just smoke and drive as thats what i did on the way down but now i have the lotus and samaris bowl so i dont have to worry about the coals falling off

I've done it before but with one of those bowls with the locking wind cover. It was surprisingly easy although I do not recommend it (do as I say not as I do).

I'm way too nervous to do that but for a 12 hour drive, it might end up making it easier on you.

i did it on my trip down with open coals on a regular bowl just put tinfoil around the bowl to make a rim so the coals didnt fall and i had a small hookah that i could clap my cupholder too

I've done it before but with one of those bowls with the locking wind cover. It was surprisingly easy although I do not recommend it (do as I say not as I do).

too late did it on the move down to fl but i do feel more conferrable with the lotus and samaris bowl

too late did it on the move down to fl but i do feel more conferrable with the lotus and samaris bowl

Yeah I've got that combo too and actually it would hold pretty well. I can put my lotus on and flip the Samsaris upside down without it falling. Just be careful.

Yeah I've got that combo too and actually it would hold pretty well. I can put my lotus on and flip the Samsaris upside down without it falling. Just be careful.

will do buddy

When I'm traveling, I (unfortunately) often have to use QLs, because there's no heat source for natural coals.  I often use the Kaloud + QLs.  It actually tones down some of the chemical flavor of the QLs, which is nice.  After getting them lit and settled, I usually put one in, push it as far over as I can, and put a second on top, as far as I can to the other side as possible.  They definitely won't both fit all the way down, but I've had some rather good Nakhla sessions with this combo.

The biggest thing to be concerned about is actually not the heating of the lotus, but cleanup when you're done.  The lotus gets HOT.  And, unless you have some way of cooling it down rather quickly, you're going to have a problem further transporting it.  You might want to pack a bottle of water and an extra pair of tongs.  Pull the lotus off by a pair of tongs, use the other pair to pry off any burnt-on tobacco, and douce it in water slowly until it cools down.

When I'm traveling, I (unfortunately) often have to use QLs, because there's no heat source for natural coals.  I often use the Kaloud + QLs.  It actually tones down some of the chemical flavor of the QLs, which is nice.  After getting them lit and settled, I usually put one in, push it as far over as I can, and put a second on top, as far as I can to the other side as possible.  They definitely won't both fit all the way down, but I've had some rather good Nakhla sessions with this combo.

The biggest thing to be concerned about is actually not the heating of the lotus, but cleanup when you're done.  The lotus gets HOT.  And, unless you have some way of cooling it down rather quickly, you're going to have a problem further transporting it.  You might want to pack a bottle of water and an extra pair of tongs.  Pull the lotus off by a pair of tongs, use the other pair to pry off any burnt-on tobacco, and douce it in water slowly until it cools down.

Alternatively just have a cooler with some ice and throw that sucker in there, and while you wait for it to cool you can enjoy a refreshingly cold beverage.