TheEightyFour

New HookahJohn Bowls - Trimony, Flying Saucer

Question

HookahJohn just introduced the new Trimony bowl.  It's basically a Harmony w/ additional slits for additional airflow.

As per nearly every HookahJohn video, he goes on his rants about people copying his designs.  Meh.  Either way, you get an idea of the bowl.

Also, here's the improved Flying Saucer:

14 answers to this question

I really want to like the guy but he just rubs me the wrong way.

On that first video he's talking about the Russians stealing his bowls but he is doing the exact same thing. Look at the Shika Rook bowl which i'm planning on ordering this weekend. It's the same thing except but with squares instead of slits. Even down to the colors is the same as the Shika Rook And Shika Sandstorm. 

The shape of that other one, dirty money I think he called it, it's the exact same shape as the OG and Nora Ceramic bowls, so..... where's the originality? just because he's HJ you have to pay a premium on the bowls? who made him hookah king? Blah. I honestly don't think I will ever give him a penny of my hard earned money besides for the commission he might get off my one-time Titaniums purchase I bought off eBay. 

if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a bowl I rather buy the Samsaris which is unbreakable.... I wonder how long is going to take him to copy the Samsaris bowl. I bet he hasn't done it yet because they will send their lawyers after him unlike the companies that make the Shika bowls that probably can't afford to go after him. 

Yeah I just don't like him or his demeanor. 

• Like 1

His demeanor certainly could be better, especially for a company owner and industry leader.  Unfortunately, I've come to not expect much more out of most of the industry.  He'll get my business, but only because he actually invests in giving back to the community by making videos like this, instead of being a faceless company that just pushes products out.  There's not many companies that do much more than push their own products.  At least I can see he's passionate about it, whether he's right or wrong, and he's actually taking time to communicate to consumers.

That being said, neither of these bowls appeal to me.  I feel the Trimony is a mess down the stem waiting to happen.  And I'm over vortex bowls.

• Like 2

His demeanor certainly could be better, especially for a company owner and industry leader.  Unfortunately, I've come to not expect much more out of most of the industry.  He'll get my business, but only because he actually invests in giving back to the community by making videos like this, instead of being a faceless company that just pushes products out.  There's not many companies that do much more than push their own products.  At least I can see he's passionate about it, whether he's right or wrong, and he's actually taking time to communicate to consumers.

That being said, neither of these bowls appeal to me.  I feel the Trimony is a mess down the stem waiting to happen.  And I'm over vortex bowls.

Yeah I'm not mad at him. He's done a great deal for the hookah industry and has come up with some new developments that people love to no end. He works hard and puts himself out there so people know who is the man behind the hookah empire he has built. I just personally think that, like I mentioned before, his demeanor can use a little polishing. However I'm sure he really doesn't care about that given the empire he has built for himself.

I applaud his tenacity and success and I only wish more people in the lifestyle would be as passionate as he is with his products. I've seen a few people come into the scene only to disappear again or switch gears in the middle of a marketing campaign hoping something they are doing sticks and becomes a success.  

• Like 2

There's a very similar bowl that came out ages ago in Brazil called the Predator with slits and i swear i get a very airy hit from it, it's my favorite bowl.

About the samsaris, its a temporary bowl, be careful,it melts(kinda) i used it for like 3/4 months and it was amazing, then it just tasted like rubber and burnt tire

• Like 1

There's a very similar bowl that came out ages ago in Brazil called the Predator with slits and i swear i get a very airy hit from it, it's my favorite bowl.

About the samsaris, its a temporary bowl, be careful,it melts(kinda) i used it for like 3/4 months and it was amazing, then it just tasted like rubber and burnt tire

I thought the predator was originally produced out of San diego when a local tangiers smoker added a bar over the phunnel to reduce the foil from being sucked in?

That sucks to hear about the silicone. I bet if you used oxiclean it would be brand new again. No matter how much my bowls smell on the inside oxiclean gets them like new.

• Like 1

Maybe the predator you are thinking about is from another brand, the brand im talking about is Mukabowl

• Like 1

The trimony bowl looks like a nightmare of juices running down the stem to me. And the flying saucer seems a bit odd, I know its a remake but, meh. Recently it feels like HJ is grabbing at every little thing to make some more cash instead of actually sitting down and creating a new and interesting product. Granted, making your own product is effing expensive and very time consuming, so kudos anyway, but I don't think I'll be trying these ones out.

• Like 4

Did you use more than 2 coals? Even Kaloud admits that they will get damaged if you apply too much heat.
  • Like 1

The trimony bowl looks like a nightmare of juices running down the stem to me. And the flying saucer seems a bit odd, I know its a remake but, meh. Recently it feels like HJ is grabbing at every little thing to make some more cash instead of actually sitting down and creating a new and interesting product. Granted, making your own product is effing expensive and very time consuming, so kudos anyway, but I don't think I'll be trying these ones out.

I'd agree, but... simultaneously, I'm glad to see that new designs are being tried out and pushed to market.  I'll certainly pass on these, but... yep.

• Like 1

tossing my stones into the ring on that flying saucer bowl...

I prefer the Alien.  It is just an Alien bowl with a spire and side vents akin to a vortex.  Plus, because of the raised ridge, no Kaloud Lotus setups (which I use quite often for 'dropping in unexpectedly' friends)...

That being said, it smokes just fine.  I prefer heavy gauge foil in one or two layers and 2-3 Ecocha.  

But yeah HJ has lost persuasion in this customers eyes...  I feel you dont need to claim 'first' on every youtube video, and you don't need to claim 'they are copying me I was first' because mimicry is the highest form of flattery, and I'm certain he's guilty on that front just as much as anyone else.  'Do you think just because you have an idea that it belongs to you?'  I forget what movie that was from, but damn, so troo...

• Like 1

tossing my stones into the ring on that flying saucer bowl...

I prefer the Alien.  It is just an Alien bowl with a spire and side vents akin to a vortex.  Plus, because of the raised ridge, no Kaloud Lotus setups (which I use quite often for 'dropping in unexpectedly' friends)...

That being said, it smokes just fine.  I prefer heavy gauge foil in one or two layers and 2-3 Ecocha.  

But yeah HJ has lost persuasion in this customers eyes...  I feel you dont need to claim 'first' on every youtube video, and you don't need to claim 'they are copying me I was first' because mimicry is the highest form of flattery, and I'm certain he's guilty on that front just as much as anyone else.  'Do you think just because you have an idea that it belongs to you?'  I forget what movie that was from, but damn, so troo...

My issue with some of his "ideas" is that they are not really his "ideas". Take a look at the Shika Oblivion and the OG Rook. You will immediately recognize those bowls as something hookah John is passing off as his creation when in reality is not. That right there pisses me off and I'll never purchase anything from him. EVER!. 

My issue with some of his "ideas" is that they are not really his "ideas". Take a look at the Shika Oblivion and the OG Rook. You will immediately recognize those bowls as something hookah John is passing off as his creation when in reality is not. That right there pisses me off and I'll never purchase anything from him. EVER!. 

I love hookah john stuff. I only use his coals, i have a couple of his bowls that i love. And cant wait to see what he comes out with in the future.

• Like 1