Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DK9310

Heat management

Question

Has anyone tried alternatives to to the lotus for heat management? I've been doing some research and I think the one that appeals to me most is the the one that lust makes. Any thoughts

11 answers to this question

Had to look up that Lust your were talking about, I've seen similar things come with many glass hookahs and have experienced one when my friend bought a Fumo Tank. It was okay, but I wouldn't say it made much of difference. There are other bowls out there that try to change up heat management. Such as the Apple On Top, Minzari Crown, and Hookah Flip Bowl. Haven't had any experience with those though.

If you are looking for a cheap alternative to the Lotus then just grab yourself a windcover. 

I have a wind cover I looking for something that add the befit of a wind cover and a spacer. Essentially a lotus. But from my experiences with lotus I always thought they took too much to heat up and I'm not a fan of coco coals which are the best fit for a lotus.

I have a wind cover I looking for something that add the befit of a wind cover and a spacer. Essentially a lotus. But from my experiences with lotus I always thought they took too much to heat up and I'm not a fan of coco coals which are the best fit for a lotus.

Then you may want to take a look at the Flavor Saver https://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-18946-hookah-flavor-saver-extender.html 

You could probably bend the handle and use it in conjunction with a cover. In fact I think someone here did that. 

Thanks I have a flavor savor just not crazy about it I'll try the combo tho and see if that makes it better

Yeah, one of the peeps who reviews hookah products did a review of the saver and said that she just bent the handle to make the saver bigger around. I would say you could make a saver or I have seen people make a small ring of foil, wrap the bowl and poke holes in it, put that ring on top, then foil over the bowl and ring to create a spacer, then poke holes into the top layer. They said it works fantastically but I have never tried it personally.

I personally am more than happy with just foil and a wind cover. I believe Paul made a video about the glass heat management when he received his Lust glass hookah and he wasn't a fan of it either.

As far as other heat management system goes, I haven't tried any other so I can't comment on that.

I'm not a fan of coco coals which are the best fit for a lotus.

What kind of coals do you use then?  Quicklights?  Knowing what you're using will help.

I've had like every kind of coco coals. Coco nara, titan, haze, and a bunch of the other brands just from smoking with friends. My girlfriend is allergic to coconut anyway so I stopped even sampling them. I've been using my lemon wood coals and they seem to work well

I've had like every kind of coco coals. Coco nara, titan, haze, and a bunch of the other brands just from smoking with friends. My girlfriend is allergic to coconut anyway so I stopped even sampling them. I've been using my lemon wood coals and they seem to work well

Have you tried bamboo coals? They aren't too bad

I tried out lemonwood coals a few times, but they sparked so badly on my stove that I was afraid my apartment was going to catch on fire.  I've since given up on them, but I recall having one or two good sessions with them.  But, for the price, they're a winner, and if they work good for you, awesome.  They are a different beast than coconut coals though, and smoke and taste differently, and put off a different amount of heat.  Back to the original topic, I have no idea how they would even perform in something like the Lotus or an alternative.