Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dd0723

Fake Minzari Crown and Kaloud Bowls

Question

So I was checking out bowl prices on amazon and I found a fake Kaloud and a fake Minzari crown bowls really cheap and I'm tempted, because I'm surely as hell NOT paying $85 for the real Minzari. The bowl is only $15 but I think it's only a charcoal bowl... it's really weird. 

This is the link to the fake Minzari:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XTX4QBY?colid=1FTTUUDLEZAZW&coliid=IYIEE222II9PL&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

There's also the fake Kaloud heat management system with a silicon bowl that looks just like the Samsaris: 

http://www.amazon.com/Hookah-Management-System-Tornado-Silicone/dp/B00VVTK0ZE/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1433799811&sr=8-27&keywords=hookah+bowls

While we are at it, I also found one that looks like the Apple On Top bowl but with a more normal shape. I like that one better because it looks like you can use a wind cover without any issues: 

http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Shisha-Hookah-Charcoal-Holder/dp/B00XVNMN2Q/ref=sr_1_109?ie=UTF8&qid=1433799902&sr=8-109&keywords=hookah+bowls

So what do you guys think? 

10 answers to this question

They are blatant knock-offs for sure but they look like they would function pretty similarly to the originals. Honestly I would give them a shot but that is just because of the price point. Should see if anyone has made reviews about the products. 

They are blatant knock-offs for sure but they look like they would function pretty similarly to the originals. Honestly I would give them a shot but that is just because of the price point. Should see if anyone has made reviews about the products.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The price point is perfect and it's not a lot to loose if I don't like it or it doesn't perform. I like the idea of the minzari and kaloud but not enough to pay that much for an experiment.

I think I'm going to order one or the other to try it out. If anything at last I'm going to have two new shika bowls from hookah company.

I've seen these around too, I'm sure they work fine they're probably just made with cheaper materials.

I was thinking the same thing so I guess it won't me much of a loss if I take the plunge. :)

I was thinking the same thing so I guess it won't me much of a loss if I take the plunge. :)

i would say try the crown

Either the crown or the knock off lotus. I may grab one of these for my friend, his hookah game is seriously lacking. 

Kinda iffy to put coals in the fake lotus, especially if its made in china. Who knows whats in that metal. Lead, mercury, etc. I'd personally cough up a little extra $ for the real deal.

Yeah that's the one I was thinking of trying out if I take the plunge. I haven't been too motivated about the kaloud, and I imagine I would be less inclined to try the knockoff. 

Either the crown or the knock off lotus. I may grab one of these for my friend, his hookah game is seriously lacking. 

Which one are you thinking? maybe you can get one, I'll get the other and we can comeback here and share our findings. :) 

Kinda iffy to put coals in the fake lotus, especially if its made in china. Who knows whats in that metal. Lead, mercury, etc. I'd personally cough up a little extra $ for the real deal.

ummmmmmm you bring up a good point. I didn't think of it that way. Thanks for the input, it actually gives me something to think about.