Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mookmonsta

Tangiers TOO acclimated?

Question

Trying to figure out if I acclimated my horchata and cocoa Noir shisha for too long. The horchata is a popular flavor but it doesn't taste too great and the cocoa tastes like straight garbage. They sat out for 8 hours. Are these flavors just gross or do I need to chill them and re-acclimate for less/more time to get the flavor right?

3 answers to this question

Trying to figure out if I acclimated my horchata and cocoa Noir shisha for too long. The horchata is a popular flavor but it doesn't taste too great and the cocoa tastes like straight garbage. They sat out for 8 hours. Are these flavors just gross or do I need to chill them and re-acclimate for less/more time to get the flavor right?

Acclimation is a tricky thing.  8 hours is definitely not too long - some people have to acclimate for a day or two, and there is no such thing as too much acclimation.  I wrote an article regarding this very topic, give it a read: http://www.hookah.org/acclimate-tangiers-shisha-tobacco/

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks for the response. I'm gonna let the cocoa shisha sit out overnight again and see if it helps. If it does I'll try the same with the others!

Thanks for the response. I'm gonna let the cocoa shisha sit out overnight again and see if it helps. If it does I'll try the same with the others!

I'll add that Tangiers does smoke differently than other tobaccos, and some flavors are troublesome to get going right.  Some blends have a ton of flavor, others are very mild.  I'd recommend picking up some Cane Mint if you can - if you like mint, at least.  It's very flavorful and easy to smoke, and it's one of their most popular flavors.  If you're not a fan of mint, Orange Soda and Strawberry are some of my favorites, and both are very flavorful.  Horchata is great too, and I've not had any issues with it.

If you continue having issues, try picking up the same flavors from the Birquq line.  I find they are a touch sweeter, but much easier to deal with overall, and the nicotine's about the same.