HookahHooligan

Give Me Your Mixed Drink Recipes

Hey all. As some of you might know I run a handful of websites, and they are starving for content right now. I thought of a neat idea for one of them that will help that problem and give people a chance to share what they have created as well. I'm not going to post the link here just in case Nima doesn't like that, but I run a Home Bartending website with a lot of tips and tricks for beginner to amateur mixologists like myself, as well as recipes and such. I can't possibly come up with enough recipe ideas on my own without becoming a drunk, and I don't like posting ideas from other peoples blogs because then they aren't original.

So I'm opening up the opportunity to anyone who might be interested in sharing their recipes to submit them to me and I will write an article with the recipe and share it on my site. I'll go out and buy the ingredients needed and make the drinks, take good photos, and bam, post it. Of course I will give credit with a link or just your name if you prefer. 

So if any of you would like to help me out and have some fun creating something cool with me, join in =) It can be any kind of drink, aside from obvious ones like rum and coke, rye and seven, etc. since those are already well known.

Thanks guys, looking forward to seeing and trying out what you share =D

• Like 2

Hey all. As some of you might know I run a handful of websites, and they are starving for content right now. I thought of a neat idea for one of them that will help that problem and give people a chance to share what they have created as well. I'm not going to post the link here just in case Nima doesn't like that, but I run a Home Bartending website with a lot of tips and tricks for beginner to amateur mixologists like myself, as well as recipes and such. I can't possibly come up with enough recipe ideas on my own without becoming a drunk, and I don't like posting ideas from other peoples blogs because then they aren't original.

So I'm opening up the opportunity to anyone who might be interested in sharing their recipes to submit them to me and I will write an article with the recipe and share it on my site. I'll go out and buy the ingredients needed and make the drinks, take good photos, and bam, post it. Of course I will give credit with a link or just your name if you prefer.

So if any of you would like to help me out and have some fun creating something cool with me, join in =) It can be any kind of drink, aside from obvious ones like rum and coke, rye and seven, etc. since those are already well known.

i personally havent tried it but my sister loves fireball and ginger ale( vernors if you can get that brand) its a simple mix but i figure ill throw that out there dont really know if thats what youre looking for
  • Like 1

i personally havent tried it but my sister loves fireball and ginger ale( vernors if you can get that brand) its a simple mix but i figure ill throw that out there dont really know if thats what youre looking for

I guess I should have called it cocktail recipes rather than mixed drink, as thats more what I'm after. But any ideas are welcome as I can always take an idea and work with it myself to make something as well. I haven't had vernors in years, I used to bring it home from Michigan all the time but now that just wont work anymore being in a different country and all. 

• Like 1

I guess I should have called it cocktail recipes rather than mixed drink, as thats more what I'm after. But any ideas are welcome as I can always take an idea and work with it myself to make something as well. I haven't had vernors in years, I used to bring it home from Michigan all the time but now that just wont work anymore being in a different country and all. 

So... four horsemen is out then?

• Like 1

Made some killer white sangria tonight. My girlfriend and I looked up a dozen recipes before we just made up our own. Mixing drinks is a hobby of mine, so I'm happy to share recipes!

1.5L Chardonnay

1L Ginger Ale

1/2 Cup Amaretto

1/2 Cup Spiced Rum

1/2 Cup Simple Syrup

13 Dashes Angostura Bitters

1lb Strawberries, Sliced

6oz Raspberries

Two Meyer Lemons, Sliced (Wheels)

Place cut fruit into large pitcher or punch bowl, add wine, ginger ale, amaretto, rum, syrup, and bitters. Mix well and refrigerate covered for at least an hour.

The brand names we used were [yellow tail] Chardonnay, Schweppes Ginger Ale, di Amore Amaretto, Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, and Angostura Bitters. Simple syrup was 1:1 sugar and water.

If you try this, I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to name the stuff, too.

• Like 2

So... four horsemen is out then?

This one? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_(drink)

I wouldn't mind messing around with it and trying to make my own version of it, or if you have a favorite one let me know!

Made some killer white sangria tonight. My girlfriend and I looked up a dozen recipes before we just made up our own. Mixing drinks is a hobby of mine, so I'm happy to share recipes!

1.5L Chardonnay

1L Ginger Ale

1/2 Cup Amaretto

1/2 Cup Spiced Rum

1/2 Cup Simple Syrup

13 Dashes Angostura Bitters

1lb Strawberries, Sliced

6oz Raspberries

Two Meyer Lemons, Sliced (Wheels)

Place cut fruit into large pitcher or punch bowl, add wine, ginger ale, amaretto, rum, syrup, and bitters. Mix well and refrigerate covered for at least an hour.

The brand names we used were [yellow tail] Chardonnay, Schweppes Ginger Ale, di Amore Amaretto, Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, and Angostura Bitters. Simple syrup was 1:1 sugar and water.

If you try this, I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to name the stuff, too.

That does sound quite good, I love how its precisely 13 dashes of bitters haha I'll have to try this one for sure, I don't make sangria like..ever

• Like 1

Martini, shaken not stirred... oh wait that's James Bond's drink. 

I'm more than happy with a glass of vodka and ice. I'm not really big on mixed drinks. 

• Like 1

Martini, shaken not stirred... oh wait that's James Bond's drink. 

I'm more than happy with a glass of vodka and ice. I'm not really big on mixed drinks. 

Funny you say that martinis become diluted when shaken due to the ice making friction with the liquid. Just something I learned from an alcohol course I took. Always stirred! Hate the taste of them though haha
  • Like 1

Nuka Cola (Not my recipe, then my recipe mod)

1/3 Cream Soda

1/3 Coca Cola

1/3 Mountain Dew

Mod:

Same as above, 1 oz. Moonshine per 2 servings

If you are from Utah - Medium dash of uranium

• Like 1

I don't really have any mixes that are good. I just start mixing stuff until I find something I like.
However my most successful mix was the christmas candy cane which was a mix of hydro herbal kali drizzle with fantasia ice mint.