Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Desroth

Fuego Lounge, Auburn Hills MI

I have been to this place multiple times in the last few months and thought it was time to give it a quick run down and a review.

Fuego sits in downtown Auburn Hills (3358 Auburn Rd, Auburn Hills, MI 48326) and has a rather unassuming front. Aside from the sign above the door and the black tinted windows you could probably walk right past this place during the day. 

Entering Fuego you are greeted with a more modern lounge style with several large booths along the side walls and tables with both regular chairs and more plush selections for smaller groups. The booths can hold about six people comfortably, but I have been there on nights where there are 10 or so people in a single booth. The overall theme is that of fire, lots of black paint with red neon lights at night to give it a very cool vibe at night. Every booth has a large flatscreen mounted on the wall inside the booth (I wish they were a tad lower as those sitting closest the wall will probably get a crick trying to watch it), and if you request it they do have at least an Xbox One and a selection of a few games if you want to have one at your table. Keeping in mind that this lounge is within about 2 miles of 2 colleges this was to be expected, but it never really seemed to be an issue with people playing. The music is always at a very nice level, even at night, and is a selection of dance remixes of songs and a few middle eastern tracks slipped in every so often. Now on to the actual part that matters!

Service has always been extremely quick, pleasant, and highly attentive even on the busiest of nights. You are greeted right away as you enter and are seated a few moments after. The menu consists of rather standard brands: AF, Haze, Fumari, and Starbuzz. The listed flavors are what they constantly have on hand, which is actually quite a large selection, but every so often they have other flavors that are not listed and you can ask if they have others. For my last visit I came in about 20 minutes after they opened with a friend of mine. We ordered the 3 Whites (White Gummi Bear, White Peach, and I believe it is finished with Mint) orange head on a Lavoo mp5.

Unlike many other lounges in my area, Fuego has a large selection of pipes to choose from. The standard is the Starbuzz Unicus which smokes incredibly well for being such a small pipe. For a small upgrade fee you can select any one of their "speciality" hookahs. They have KMs, Mya Rotators, Art Glass hookahs, Lavoo, Pharaohs, etc. I usually stick to the all glass Pharaoh or Lavoo mp5.

The orange head and hookah arrived at the table within about 10 minutes, on the busiest nights with multiple hookah on our order it could take up to 20 or so but that is to be expected. Two king coals on top and a standard washable lounge hose with a surprisingly open draw compliment the setup. All the servers present the pipe and check to see if everything looks good, then they pull a few hits off the pipe to ensure with you that it is smoking properly, then they wait for your final test on your first draw to confirm that you are fully satisfied with the hookah. I have never been to a place that goes through so much to ensure that your experience is perfect every single time.

After about a half hour or so (was not keeping exact track of time), the server came back around with a fresh round of coals without any need of flagging someone down. They pulled off the orange head, blew it out and removed the old coals completely, re-seated the head and put the new coals on in a different position to maximize the session. In the intermediate times when they are not replacing coals they come and check in with you, which is really nice. 

Overall, Fuego is my go to lounge if I do not feel like setting up my pipes or if I have to many people over. I would highly recommend it to anyone in the area who is looking for a chill place to get a really good hookah.

I have been to this place multiple times in the last few months and thought it was time to give it a quick run down and a review.

Fuego sits in downtown Auburn Hills (3358 Auburn Rd, Auburn Hills, MI 48326) and has a rather unassuming front. Aside from the sign above the door and the black tinted windows you could probably walk right past this place during the day.

Entering Fuego you are greeted with a more modern lounge style with several large booths along the side walls and tables with both regular chairs and more plush selections for smaller groups. The booths can hold about six people comfortably, but I have been there on nights where there are 10 or so people in a single booth. The overall theme is that of fire, lots of black paint with red neon lights at night to give it a very cool vibe at night. Every booth has a large flatscreen mounted on the wall inside the booth (I wish they were a tad lower as those sitting closest the wall will probably get a crick trying to watch it), and if you request it they do have at least an Xbox One and a selection of a few games if you want to have one at your table. Keeping in mind that this lounge is within about 2 miles of 2 colleges this was to be expected, but it never really seemed to be an issue with people playing. The music is always at a very nice level, even at night, and is a selection of dance remixes of songs and a few middle eastern tracks slipped in every so often. Now on to the actual part that matters!

Service has always been extremely quick, pleasant, and highly attentive even on the busiest of nights. You are greeted right away as you enter and are seated a few moments after. The menu consists of rather standard brands: AF, Haze, Fumari, and Starbuzz. The listed flavors are what they constantly have on hand, which is actually quite a large selection, but every so often they have other flavors that are not listed and you can ask if they have others. For my last visit I came in about 20 minutes after they opened with a friend of mine. We ordered the 3 Whites (White Gummi Bear, White Peach, and I believe it is finished with Mint) orange head on a Lavoo mp5.

Unlike many other lounges in my area, Fuego has a large selection of pipes to choose from. The standard is the Starbuzz Unicus which smokes incredibly well for being such a small pipe. For a small upgrade fee you can select any one of their "speciality" hookahs. They have KMs, Mya Rotators, Art Glass hookahs, Lavoo, Pharaohs, etc. I usually stick to the all glass Pharaoh or Lavoo mp5.

The orange head and hookah arrived at the table within about 10 minutes, on the busiest nights with multiple hookah on our order it could take up to 20 or so but that is to be expected. Two king coals on top and a standard washable lounge hose with a surprisingly open draw compliment the setup. All the servers present the pipe and check to see if everything looks good, then they pull a few hits off the pipe to ensure with you that it is smoking properly, then they wait for your final test on your first draw to confirm that you are fully satisfied with the hookah. I have never been to a place that goes through so much to ensure that your experience is perfect every single time.

After about a half hour or so (was not keeping exact track of time), the server came back around with a fresh round of coals without any need of flagging someone down. They pulled off the orange head, blew it out and removed the old coals completely, re-seated the head and put the new coals on in a different position to maximize the session. In the intermediate times when they are not replacing coals they come and check in with you, which is really nice.

Overall, Fuego is my go to lounge if I do not feel like setting up my pipes or if I have to many people over. I would highly recommend it to anyone in the area who is looking for a chill place to get a really good hookah.

i will have to try it out next time im in the area. I usually go to the grizzly lounge

Definitely let me know, I am also willing to gather up people to have a good time and chill there.

i will have to try it out next time im in the area. I usually go to the grizzly lounge

Definitely let me know, I am also willing to gather up people to have a good time and chill there.

i will bro as a good day meeting new hookah smokers