Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blogang1

What would be the current best hookah brand?

Question

Hookah Brands like KM, Shika, Starbuzz, Nammor hookahs, Mya Hookahs and a lot more are talked about. What I wana know is what would be the best present hookahs to buy?

The best hookah is something that is not easy to define. Everyone has different things that they want out of a session and different hookahs will fill certain roles.

For example Khalil Mamoon hookahs have a wide down stem, making it easier to take hits. MYA on the other hand typically uses narrower stems, restricting the airflow. Mya also likes to use an open chamber which makes completely purging stale or harsh smoke near impossible. How tall of a hookah do you want? Tall hookahs cool smoke a bit better but at the cost of taking longer to take a hit. 

There is also the quality of the materials and craftsmanship when selecting a hookah. Just like anything else in life you get what you pay for. Cheap hookahs are made with inferior materials and will not last for years. Plenty of the more expensive hookahs will quite literally last a lifetime so long as you maintain it. You will also see glass hookahs out there, those are something I find most people like the looks but never the price tag. 

One of the biggest things that makes it hard to say what is the best is aesthetics. You don't want to pick a hookah just for looks though. Some of the cheap hookahs look amazing but are likely to break or rust. 

There is plenty more things to take in consideration though and you should take a look around at various shops(we have a few worth mentioning in our Trusted Vendor) to see what you fancy most. I personally recommend KMs because they are usually well priced and are of high quality. 

Regal, KM, starbuzz, and shika get the most praise but hookahking BR of brazil has masses of fans now.  Starbuzz even offers a 5 year warranty.

Mya isn't quality it's mass produced. Nammor are not worth the money because you can get a solid brand for the same price. I highly advise against either.

Sahara is great for a starter hookah. They make the vortex bowls.

This is a hard question to answer. The best starting hookah hands down would be Starbuzz's Unicus. Although small it smokes just as well if not better then most KM's on the market. I personally own one and between it and my KM Fifa Ice I would say that they are tied. 

Things get interesting when you branch out. For the money a KM will take a long way, of that there is no doubt, but they are so quickly produced to meet demand you might run into issues with welds and other small nuisances that may drive away a newer smoker. Mya's in my opinion, as others have noted, are not worth picking up as even the cheapest of KMs will outshine them in every way.

Sahara makes some great pipes as well, but I do not personally any of their hookahs but I have heard great things about them. 

Glass is the new kid on the block. Lavoo, Fumo, Crown, Neptune, etc all make brilliant hookahs. The MP5 and MP5x are power houses but they may break the bank for a newer smoker or people on low budgets. If you are willing to spend 200+ on a hookah I would look no further than many of the all glass offerings. Easily some of the smoothest smoking hookahs on the market and I kick myself for not buying the MP5 for 80 bucks when I bought my KM (truth be told back then I liked the KM aesthetic more and still do, but the glass is so nice).

Starbuzz's stems are amazing. I have a starbuzz store near me and I just can not get over how beautiful they are. That said they run 300+ as well. 

At the end of the day stay away from most of the Chinese brands and you will be just fine no matter what brand you pickup. The better question to ask is what bowl type, coal selection, and brand of shish you are smoking. Even the best pipe can be tarnished by one or two bad sessions.

Glass if you've got the cash and you aren't clumsy. I can personally vouch for Lavoo. Good clean smoke, easy to clean (a little rubbing alcohol and water, shake it up, rinse it out, done) and beautifully crafted. My MP-1 Jr was 189.99 on H-S and it was one of the least expensive ones. Otherwise KM is probably the best way to go. Always been a favorite of mine.

This is a hard question to answer. The best starting hookah hands down would be Starbuzz's Unicus. Although small it smokes just as well if not better then most KM's on the market. I personally own one and between it and my KM Fifa Ice I would say that they are tied.

Things get interesting when you branch out. For the money a KM will take a long way, of that there is no doubt, but they are so quickly produced to meet demand you might run into issues with welds and other small nuisances that may drive away a newer smoker. Mya's in my opinion, as others have noted, are not worth picking up as even the cheapest of KMs will outshine them in every way.

Sahara makes some great pipes as well, but I do not personally any of their hookahs but I have heard great things about them.

Glass is the new kid on the block. Lavoo, Fumo, Crown, Neptune, etc all make brilliant hookahs. The MP5 and MP5x are power houses but they may break the bank for a newer smoker or people on low budgets. If you are willing to spend 200+ on a hookah I would look no further than many of the all glass offerings. Easily some of the smoothest smoking hookahs on the market and I kick myself for not buying the MP5 for 80 bucks when I bought my KM (truth be told back then I liked the KM aesthetic more and still do, but the glass is so nice).

Starbuzz's stems are amazing. I have a starbuzz store near me and I just can not get over how beautiful they are. That said they run 300+ as well.

At the end of the day stay away from most of the Chinese brands and you will be just fine no matter what brand you pickup. The better question to ask is what bowl type, coal selection, and brand of shish you are smoking. Even the best pipe can be tarnished by one or two bad sessions.

Where are you located? I bought a Starbuzz enterprise for 200.

Depends on preferences obviously but in the 4 main categories or styles most review site have lust (glass) Starbuzz (elongated stems) regal (wide guaged) and Sahara (narrow gauge) as the best brands. KM has maybe the most variance of any brand and they vary in price accordingly. I'd always recommend a KM as your first legitimate investment. I have two and I love them both. My Starbuzz is amazing though. But if your not sure what you prefer try finding lounges or people with different hookahs and see what you fancy.

At the starbuzz lounge here (they are also the ones you are calling when you call starbuzz's customer service) in vegas they are 200 flat. 300 can't be an accurate price unless you're adding a freaking boho onto it or some shit haha 300 is stepping into regal with a boho range.

Yeah I'm in ohio and the shops here sell them for 200 also

I'm in Ohio as well and in my area KM's run as low as ~$80

Montecristos house of cigar on high st (columbus) sells the standard KMs for 60 and deluxe and ornate for 120. They have one that's 200 but I believe that one usually sells for 275.

They usually sell hookahs for 2/3s the price of everywhere else

Montecristos house of cigar on high st (columbus) sells the standard KMs for 60 and deluxe and ornate for 120. They have one that's 200 but I believe that one usually sells for 275.

They usually sell hookahs for 2/3s the price of everywhere else

I haven't been there but next time I am in Columbus visiting the fiance's family I will have to check it out.

Check out Assad's Bakery on Lorain in Cleveland if you ever find your way up there, they also have prices like that

Yeah they also sell kilos of Starbuzz for like 65 after tax with there members card (free). I highly recommend them as well as hookah rush as the top two places to buy hookah supplies from

Sorry, miss spoke with my first post. Meant they can run up 300. The Challenger Ice with tax comes out just shy of 300. Also, the starbuzz stems do not come with a base, factoring that in you are looking at about 250-300 total or more easily if you want a very nice looking base.

Thank you so much guys for all this help. I wouldn't find it anywhere else. Lastly, I'd wanna know what do you guys think about KM kamanjas, double kamanjas, pharnoie and shikas?

I must throw in my two cents about Khalil Mamoon hookahs...

I feel, cost for function, draw for draw, KM's are still my favorite hookahs.  The wide draw can be restricted if so desired by bowls and hoses and whatnot, but I like the wide open draw.  They are easy to clean, and have a closed heart, which makes purging the easiest I've done.

I dont care for open heart hookahs, and am in the stages of modifying my Sahara Smoke hookah to have a closed heart instead.

I have a KM Platinum Kamanja, and have only stellar things to say about it.  I'm sure I've posted a pic of it on this site somewheres in the picture section...  Perfect, small to medium sized hookah, unless you get the double kamanja, then you have a good medium to tall hookah.  

I also have a KM Dark Prince (2015 version) and it hits like  a champ too.  I am looking into other models, as I love the company.

Hookah-Shisha frequently has sales on KM to make them sub $100 even after shipping, so keep an eye on them for craziness.

Can anybody link through the Brazilian Hookah?

Go to 5starhookah.com. Click on made in Brazil. They are called the king of the road and prince of the road. They are adjustable which means you can have a 9 inch hookah or 20 inch.

Thank you so much guys for all this help. I wouldn't find it anywhere else. Lastly, I'd wanna know what do you guys think about KM kamanjas, double kamanjas, pharnoie and shikas?

I too have a kamanja. Not platinum but it is currently a year and a half old (they grow up so fast) and I love it. Couldn't say one bad thing. The thing with taller hookahs is that they are hard to clean. I have a removable nossle like a shower head on my sink that extends a few feet which means I'm always good. But I do have a friend that has to use a shower with a funnel to get water through it.

I too have a kamanja. Not platinum but it is currently a year and a half old (they grow up so fast) and I love it. Couldn't say one bad thing. The thing with taller hookahs is that they are hard to clean. I have a removable nossle like a shower head on my sink that extends a few feet which means I'm always good. But I do have a friend that has to use a shower with a funnel to get water through it.

Had to look up that model but my KM is even taller. I can only wash it in the bath/shower. Tall hookahs are a bit of a hassle but they are much more like an art piece.

It's lovely to have you guys here and increasing my knowledge. Thank you all!

You are on the right forum, we are always here to help! Hookah pro would gawk at you and belittle you they do know their hookah info but they way they go about giving it away is like giving away a highly tucked away family secret haha

So am I the only one in this whole forum that has a Social Smoke Izmir pro hookah? I know Nima used to have one before because he told me he used to have the exact same model as mine. 

The social Smoke line is actually really freaking awesome. I chocked on it when I first started smoking it because the draw is so wide. My Izmir is a beast and easy to clean. I love it so much that I packed away my first hookah (a no name from Dubai), and I only use my Izmir. 

OH almost forgot; the price is also decent. I believe mine was $108 for a 22 inch complete set. 

Mya isn't quality it's mass produced. Nammor are not worth the money because you can get a solid brand for the same price. I highly advise against either.

I'm going to jump in here and refute the "Mya isn't quality" line here.  Most people opt for the Mya "econo" line for the price, and they're built pretty poorly - plate metal, no quality control, etc.  I have a Mya Piccolo that I use for travel, it's built like a tank, and that thing smokes nearly as hard as my 33" KM's.  That being said, it's a hookah that's almost 1/3 the height and costs $80.  It's a pleasure to use.

I'd second Nammors being cheap though.  I had one where the stem completely rusted out.  It also had a tiny hole where the bowl goes, and juice would run in to there.  Poor quality control.  Would not recommend.

At the starbuzz lounge here (they are also the ones you are calling when you call starbuzz's customer service) in vegas they are 200 flat. 300 can't be an accurate price unless you're adding a freaking boho onto it or some shit haha 300 is stepping into regal with a boho range.

The new(er) SB hookahs are $200, but, for someone that's looking to majorly upgrade, factor in a bowl, a good washable hose, a vase that doesn't look like it fell off the back of a truck, grommets, tongs, coals, foil, and tobacco.  You're getting close to (if not over) the $300 range if you don't have all of that.

---

As far as my opinion, you can't go wrong with KM.  They've been around forever and make a quality product.  They are handmade, which can make them seem a little rough around the edges, but I've been using my KM Dark Silver for several years now, and, besides some of the "will never come off" electroplating peeling off, it smokes like a champ.

I'd love to get my hands on one of those newer Starbuzz stems though.

If you aim for about $100+ (some cheaper ones might be decent as well) and you'll have a great setup, though you still may want to tweak some things - hoses, bowls, diffusers, etc.  Just make sure they feel sturdy - they can be lightweight (as KMs, for example, tend to be), but if you notice any parts that bend or give, steer away.

I'm going to defend the starbuzz pirce tag at 200-260 for quality accessories

this is a cost efficient set-up that works extremely well

-alien bowl 20 at most

- narbish 20 at most

- km vase 20 at most

sure you can opt for the more expensive stuff but then you are trying to get the price tag above 300

- thunder pro hose 40

- harmony bowl 25 at most

- boho vase 100-120

as for the mya thing, I can't recommend spending any money on them as they don't even offer the downstems on their site. For 80 you can get a KM on sale somewhere that is made of 100% quality materials. With mya it's all chance in my honest opinion. I mean go ahead and email them asking about the glass in their "true" boho's I promise they will end up being snarky and giving you as little information as possible. I will defend sahara over mya any day of the week. Mya hasn't proven anything to me but how well they can dodge questions and produce lack luster small pipes. I've smoked many Many myas in my earlier hookah days since the shops here didn't buy KMs until two years ago, hell I'll even admit that I did own a qt for maybe a month and didn't find a single merit.

A travel hookah is their best option but I will always say a sahara is worth the extra 20-30 because everything is replaceable, they smoke phenomenal, and look very sleek and different. Plus they break down just as easily as a mya and offer every single part without question if something were to rust etc.

I'm going to defend the starbuzz pirce tag at 200-260 for quality accessories

this is a cost efficient set-up that works extremely well

-alien bowl 20 at most

- narbish 20 at most

- km vase 20 at most

sure you can opt for the more expensive stuff but then you are trying to get the price tag above 300

- thunder pro hose 40

- harmony bowl 25 at most

- boho vase 100-120

as for the mya thing, I can't recommend spending any money on them as they don't even offer the downstems on their site. For 80 you can get a KM on sale somewhere that is made of 100% quality materials. With mya it's all chance in my honest opinion. I mean go ahead and email them asking about the glass in their "true" boho's I promise they will end up being snarky and giving you as little information as possible. I will defend sahara over mya any day of the week. Mya hasn't proven anything to me but how well they can dodge questions and produce lack luster small pipes. I've smoked many Many myas in my earlier hookah days since the shops here didn't buy KMs until two years ago, hell I'll even admit that I did own a qt for maybe a month and didn't find a single merit.

A travel hookah is their best option but I will always say a sahara is worth the extra 20-30 because everything is replaceable, they smoke phenomenal, and look very sleek and different. Plus they break down just as easily as a mya and offer every single part without question if something were to rust etc.

Oh yeah most definitely you can customize it with great products for their normal $200 stem. Though if you are looking to compliment their beautiful stems I wouldn't skimp on the vase too much. Most KM (egyptian) vases are very nice, but for my money I would through in an extra $30-$40 and upgrade the base and the hose both to Dream's D-Hose and Lighted Base. I feel like a more modern hose and base would better compliment the modern styling that Starbuzz is using. Though if you are on a small budget and want a Starbuzz stem a narbish is a beast of a hose that very few others hoses can beat.

The best hookah is something that is not easy to define. Everyone has different things that they want out of a session and different hookahs will fill certain roles.

For example Khalil Mamoon hookahs have a wide down stem, making it easier to take hits. MYA on the other hand typically uses narrower stems, restricting the airflow. Mya also likes to use an open chamber which makes completely purging stale or harsh smoke near impossible. How tall of a hookah do you want? Tall hookahs cool smoke a bit better but at the cost of taking longer to take a hit. 

There is also the quality of the materials and craftsmanship when selecting a hookah. Just like anything else in life you get what you pay for. Cheap hookahs are made with inferior materials and will not last for years. Plenty of the more expensive hookahs will quite literally last a lifetime so long as you maintain it. You will also see glass hookahs out there, those are something I find most people like the looks but never the price tag. 

One of the biggest things that makes it hard to say what is the best is aesthetics. You don't want to pick a hookah just for looks though. Some of the cheap hookahs look amazing but are likely to break or rust. 

There is plenty more things to take in consideration though and you should take a look around at various shops(we have a few worth mentioning in our Trusted Vendor) to see what you fancy most. I personally recommend KMs because they are usually well priced and are of high quality. 

I definitely agree here. The best hookah is pretty subjective, as is the best shisha, the best hose, etc. I've seen some posts in this thread from people saying Mya isn't all that great, but I love my Mya Econo Gelato. Granted I got it as a freebie but it suits my needs.