Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mookmonsta

Best base recommendations!

Question

So I got some cheap Rosé wine the other night at costco and decided to try a little bit in the base of my hookah. I loaded a bowl of starbuzz strawberry Margherita and starbuzz kiwi, lit the sucker up and....

HOLY HOOKAH SMOKE BATMAN THAT SHIT WAS DELICIOUS.

Fruity with the aftertaste of wine, and a strong buzz to boot!

That being said, anybody got any recipes they wanna share? What do you put in your base with what flavors?

8 answers to this question

I have tried some things that Hookah Boss has done, such as using sweet mix for mixed drinks in the base along with water. I have also used flavored juices to compliment the flavor that I am smoking, but mostly I just stick to plain old water.

any can of jumex nectar is really good paired with the same flavor.

I often add spices or peppermint candies with it like cardamom or cinnamon sugar.

Mint leaves are great with blueberries and orange slices. Lime or lemon is perfect for summer.

Ah man, I wonder how well a Mint Julep would be in the base. Then again I have never tried using any form of alcohol in my base before but people say its good so maybe I will have to try it some day. 

Ah man, I wonder how well a Mint Julep would be in the base. Then again I have never tried using any form of alcohol in my base before but people say its good so maybe I will have to try it some day.

Alcohol is nice in the base. Just be sure to use 2 parts water to 1 part alcohol. I've heard that gin is nice with minty flavors. The Rosé gave the smoke a nice wine-y aftertaste.

So I got some cheap Rosé wine the other night at costco and decided to try a little bit in the base of my hookah. I loaded a bowl of starbuzz strawberry Margherita and starbuzz kiwi, lit the sucker up and....

HOLY HOOKAH SMOKE BATMAN THAT SHIT WAS DELICIOUS.

Fruity with the aftertaste of wine, and a strong buzz to boot!

That being said, anybody got any recipes they wanna share? What do you put in your base with what flavors?

You have discovered something amazing.

I've put red wine in the base with some ice and no water, just the wine, and it was an amazing smoke. It goes great with rose flavors like pan rass.

I've done the same with Chablis and that goes well with peach, watermelon and sweet melon shishas as well as some other light flavors.

I've also used vodka but that doesn't make any difference, so I rather just drink it instead of putting it in the base.

I've used Fanta orange soda with tangerine slices and that mixes well with vanilla and citrus flavors shishas.

I've also smashed up a bunch of Altoids mints to put in the water with ice and using my mystique ice hose to have a very minty and cold smoke. That goes great with anything that has mint of course.

Those are the only experiments I've tried that have worked wonders for me. I was thinking of brewing some herbal teas to use in the base while I smoke pan rass. I'll let you know how that works out.

Awesome ideas guys! I don't reccommend vodka however, the alcohol taste overpowers the shisha. Of course I may have just added a bit too much. Orange juice or any sort of fruit punch is pretty good with fruity flavors, but I'm sure ya'll knew that.

So I decided to brew tea and then let it cool off in the fridge and I'm using it in the base right now with ice and smoking Pan Rass out of my funnel and it tastes amazing. Not sure if its in my head but I think the tea is definitely accenting the flavor of the rose in the pan rass. needless to say i'm having a wonderful time enjoying this session. 

Currently smoking starbuzz classic mojito/AF mint with a few drops of peppermint oil in the base. If you like a powerful, eyebrow-burning mint, I'd suggest adding some to your mint shisha for an extra boost. Also adds a little something to the clouds! I'd go as far as saying you could replace mint shisha in your mixes with a couple drops of peppermint oil if you like the flavor.