Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

denys

Premium Hookah Tobacco

Question

Hello,

I have a doubt, what are the attributes that a premium tobacco should have?

Thanks.

12 answers to this question

Well this is an interesting question. I guess we have to start with what would you consider to be a "premium" tobacco or brand? I have a feeling that people consider many different brands are premium and would disagree with others selections of premium tobacco. 

Hello,

I have a doubt, what are the attributes that a premium tobacco should have?

Thanks.

That would be hard to define indeed. To me it depends on the care of your product. For example social smoke have a tobacco plant where they grow the leaves just as they want it. Their process start from the very creation and curation of the leaves.

I'm sure other companies have the same process but social smoke has been the only one I've seen putting it out there.

Yes, I think it is a hard question, but I hear a couple of days, I boy saying "A premium hookah tobacco have many molasses", I disagree hard with her opinion.

I think a premium tobacco is a select of honey high quality, a tobacco of best quality in the market like a B01 virginia tobacco, great flavors, and a good brand glycerin USP. 

Finally I guess a premium hookah tobacco is a sum of best raw material on market, and the best process of cooking of this material... 

What you think boys? 

A hug!

I will disagree with the mention of 'high quality honey' as well as the specific 'B01' virginia tobacco, as these are just two ingredients, and a 'Premium Shisha' essentially meaning a high-quality, or higher-quality shisha, has high-quality, or higher-quality components in it...  So for a Tobamel, yes, a High-Quality honey is in order, I prefer this organic stuff I can get locally, as it's a great price, and organic, and their hives are located near several different cultivated patches of blossoms or fruits that impart a subtle flavor to the honey... Like Fireweed, or Raspberry or Blackberry...

If you are looking for opinions on people's favorite 'premium shisha' then you came to the right place... Everyone here has at least two opinions on most things...

So if that's the case, let me get that ball rolling by saying:  "My two favorite, premium-esque tobaccos right now are Starbuzz (a tobamel, though, I've not tried their new line), a nice, high-end smoke...  Also I have only good reviews of Social Smoke, since, to my knowledge they don't use dyes, and that alone makes me happy... But also that they have an enormous variety of flavors.  Like Tiger's Blood.  Only geeks like me squee for Tiger's Blood."

Also, welcome to the forum!

I will disagree with the mention of 'high quality honey' as well as the specific 'B01' virginia tobacco, as these are just two ingredients, and a 'Premium Shisha' essentially meaning a high-quality, or higher-quality shisha, has high-quality, or higher-quality components in it...  So for a Tobamel, yes, a High-Quality honey is in order, I prefer this organic stuff I can get locally, as it's a great price, and organic, and their hives are located near several different cultivated patches of blossoms or fruits that impart a subtle flavor to the honey... Like Fireweed, or Raspberry or Blackberry...

If you are looking for opinions on people's favorite 'premium shisha' then you came to the right place... Everyone here has at least two opinions on most things...

So if that's the case, let me get that ball rolling by saying:  "My two favorite, premium-esque tobaccos right now are Starbuzz (a tobamel, though, I've not tried their new line), a nice, high-end smoke...  Also I have only good reviews of Social Smoke, since, to my knowledge they don't use dyes, and that alone makes me happy... But also that they have an enormous variety of flavors.  Like Tiger's Blood.  Only geeks like me squee for Tiger's Blood."

Also, welcome to the forum!

Yes, I think a premium tobacco is not only high end raw material, but a meticulous cooking process. And other things. 

I am starting a new factory and brand of tobacco on Brazil, and i like to export to EUA soon. 

Please visit my facebook page and if can. 

Thanks for the welcome. A hug

I think you are onto something with the 'meticulous cooking process.'  I've tried to make tobamel a few times now, with no success...  It is certainly a very advanced recipe, even though it can appear simple.  

Maybe I will take a break and try making moassel for a bit...

Best of luck!  I'd love to try some!

I think you are onto something with the 'meticulous cooking process.'  I've tried to make tobamel a few times now, with no success...  It is certainly a very advanced recipe, even though it can appear simple.  

Maybe I will take a break and try making moassel for a bit...

Best of luck!  I'd love to try some!

Thanks Mister! 

we can ship to you a little bit, to you taste it. If your custom country accepts shipping tobacco via mail. What you think? You pay the ship and I give you some tobacco.  

A Hugeee hug!

Thanks Mister! 

we can ship to you a little bit, to you taste it. If your custom country accepts shipping tobacco via mail. What you think? You pay the ship and I give you some tobacco.  

A Hugeee hug!

Depending on the price of shipping I would not mind giving you guys a try! 

I'll chime in here.  Premium tobaccos, in my mind, could be defined in two ways:

1. The tobacco is easily smokable and not temperamental, packaged and presented in higher quality containers, and has flavors that are true to their name.  They are consistent across the board, and will smoke the same whether it's a hot, humid day in south Florida, or a below-freezing, extra-dry day in Maine.  These typically come with a higher price tag.  Lots of flavors, and more time spent preparing the tobacco (i.e. washed tobaccos).

2. The tobacco takes some extra work to perform as it should, but provides immense flavor.  No gimmicks, with flavors added to their product lines only sparingly.  Typically unwashed.

Going with #1, you could consider brands like Haze, Argelini, Fumari, and Starbuzz as premium.

With #2, I'm looking directly at Tangiers and Nakhla.

Personally, I fare toward those with less of a marketing hype in lieu of great flavors, i.e. #2.  Tangiers is one of my favorite brands to smoke because the flavors are great, the nicotine is high (which doesn't bother me often), and, while they come in these plastic baggie tubes, I know I'm getting a great product.  Nakhla is very much the same - you HAVE to have something to store it in, as the packaging does not lend itself to long-term storage after opening.  Both can be very temperamental, with Tangiers being more so, until you master the beast.

I do love me some AF and Fumari though, and I can't snuff my nose at certain Haze and Starbuzz flavors.

Depending on the price of shipping I would not mind giving you guys a try! 

Send a Private message to me. 

Thanks Mister! 

A Hugeee hug!

That's very nice of you Denys, and I'm glad you still have time to come to the forum and chat with us. 

I checked your Facebook and I love the clouds you get with your shisha. Are you in Brazil? 

That's very nice of you Denys, and I'm glad you still have time to come to the forum and chat with us. 

I checked your Facebook and I love the clouds you get with your shisha. Are you in Brazil? 

Yes man!

I shall much to the forum, I leave this! Yeah! The clouds are awesome! the Taste are great duration of session is about 1 hour 1 hour and half. 

All people smoke like. 

I am very happy for it. 

How I told for other friend back, if you want try smoke I give you a sample, only you pay the shipping. 

A big hug my friend.