Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alexander

Need expert SoS

Question

First of all I'm happy to find such application and forum witch can gives muchhhhh help : I've 2 questions : 1- how can I make my hookah never harsh (Egyptian bowl usual ) 2- witch kind of best tabbak can gives much flavor to the end and much smoke At the end thanks for your corporation ...

10 answers to this question

I find that when packing an egy if I push the shisha out of the center hole it won't get harsh. Essentially load it like a donut or phunnel style. I find just about every brand will last flavor wise. It could just be your packing method burning out the flavor too quick.

Thanks for the answer ... OK then give me the best way for parking an Egyptian bowl ... And what about the flavor I need it to be till' last moments or at least for a long time ... Thanks for the help

Load lightly just under the rim, keep the middle open for air flow. Like I said every brand will last flavor wise if you pack this way. All the American brands are good starbuzz, fumari, social smoke, tangiers, haze. But the middle eastern brands are great too afzal, armen, al fakher, and nakhla.

Personally I get the best clouds from haze and fumari. With haze you must overpack it and push it down under the rim to make it a bit dense. Fumari is the same way I described earlier, pack it under the rim and leave the middle open. With these juicy tobaccos you must stir them up and mix in the juice to get long lasting flavor.

I would also like to add that with these juicer brands it may be wise to invest in a phunnel bowl to get the most of the juicier brands and to save yourself some mess on cleanup. 

For egyptians I usually run about 3-4 natural coals on the juicer brands because in most cases they can handle the additional heat to bump up cloud output. I usually take an oyster fork and kind of scoop the shisha into the bowl with a slight overpack then press down a bit to get it at or just under the rim. Careful with how hard you press or you may snuff your coals with boiling molasses as the juiciness will release to the top of the bowl a bit or worse leak down your bowls holes instantly. I usually then take my hold poker and clear out over the center most hole and then just run the poker straight down in a few other spots to make smaller air pockets. Smokes like a charm.

For stickier and or dryer brands like AF I fluff it to under the rim, foil it, and stick to 2-3 coals depending on the bowl size once again.

To really ramp smoke clouds a windcover will do wonders, just take care with less heat hungry brands like AF. In most cases you can use one less coal depending on brand of shisha and coal type and slap a wind cover on and be all set.