Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chernobyl

What is your favourite hose?

Question

So I just recently found out that my hose has a split in the side, about half way down so not something I can just cut away, and I am in the market for a new one. Before I go and just blindly buy one, I'd like to know what you hoses guys have or like and why.

17 answers to this question

I use my Dream Hose almost exclusively now.  My other hoses just sit on the coat rack in my closet.  The glass one is fantastic, but I find the mouthpiece is a little... uh... "phallic"... and it's really heavy.  If you want something lightweight but still sturdy, the acrylic is a great option, and I use the acrylic mouthpiece on both the "glass" and "acrylic" hoses that I own.  Huge draw, more than most washables, and it's much easier to clean and dry.

I can't say they don't ghost, but I find the ghosting is much less than a traditional washable.

I can't comment on the aluminum one, as @DK9310 pointed out, as I don't have one, but I've heard great things about that one as well.

Thanks guys. I have actually had a chance to use the Dream hose before and it was enjoyable. Other than the fact that the owner removed the glass tip and we were smoking from the nub it attaches to. Would you say the glass is thick enough to handle a couple drops to carpet or to the couch? 

I think I may be looking at getting the Dream Hose Hybrid 2.0 

Oh, certainly.  It's pretty thick glass.  In my hand, it feels like it weighs maybe about 20oz.  I dunno if dropping it on the floor would survive, but on a couch would be fine.  The problem with the glass tip is that, because it's heavy, and because the hose itself is more rigid, the glass tip has a tendency to wonder.  I've had it fall off my desk a couple times.

Hands down the regular shika hose. I've had it for going on two years. It's washable fairly sturdy and has been put to intensive use. I swear it's the best 20 I've spent hookah related. It's a bit restricted but that's it's one flaw even though I don't consider it one.

...couple more pennies to the pot...

I have to say praise about the starbuzz d hose.  Just the regular one.  Washable, durable, easy to clean...  My go-to for sure.  I like glass, but am clumsy as all hell... 

My all time favorite hose has been the original Glass D-Hose. When it broke I was a bit sad, but I quickly replaced it with the slightly uglier acrylic version for cheap. I am looking to order a Kya Interlude (Acrylic) as it was the basis for the D-Hose in the first place, as I just want to the look and feel of the glass hose without the need to worry about it shattering if I manhandle it improperly. 

My second favorite hose use to be my Narbish, but I was recently gifted a Starbuzz Royal Egyptian. The draw is so open the hose is just so large that I quickly fell in love with it. It now holds second place in my collection and is now the hose people fight over when they visit me for sessions. Its only downside is that I can not wash it out, so I have to ensure people do not smoke vastly different flavors through it so that the ghosting is minimized. 

Third favorite would now be my Narb. The draw is nearly identical to the Royal Egyptian but has the benefit of being washable. It was also half the price of a Namoor when I bought it, so that was a huge plus. I do, soon, want to swap it out of my rotation for a Namoor or for a Kya Interlude.

So I just recently found out that my hose has a split in the side, about half way down so not something I can just cut away, and I am in the market for a new one. Before I go and just blindly buy one, I'd like to know what you hoses guys have or like and why.

How in the hell did you get a split in the hose?? 

If I remember correctly you like a wide draw. From my experience I would have to say the Mystique ice hose has got the widest draw from all the hoses I've tried. it's durable as hell and you can tell as soon as you hold it. It's very flexible and extra long. Mine is 80" long. Another thing I like about the Mystique is the fact that BOTH ends are removable so you can use either another hose tip which you can purchase from companies like hookahcompany.com or you can interchange the ice hose tips. you can use one or two or a different tip or no tips! you can just use it as a regular hose. It's a bit pricey, but totally worth it. 

If you don't care about the draw but want a bit more comfort, then I would have to suggest the namoor washable which is not as long as the mystique but the handle is very, very light-weight and the draw is really good. I like using the namoor only because of how comfortable it feels in my hand. 

How in the hell did you get a split in the hose?? 

If I remember correctly you like a wide draw. From my experience I would have to say the Mystique ice hose has got the widest draw from all the hoses I've tried. it's durable as hell and you can tell as soon as you hold it. It's very flexible and extra long. Mine is 80" long. Another thing I like about the Mystique is the fact that BOTH ends are removable so you can use either another hose tip which you can purchase from companies like hookahcompany.com or you can interchange the ice hose tips. you can use one or two or a different tip or no tips! you can just use it as a regular hose. It's a bit pricey, but totally worth it. 

If you don't care about the draw but want a bit more comfort, then I would have to suggest the namoor washable which is not as long as the mystique but the handle is very, very light-weight and the draw is really good. I like using the namoor only because of how comfortable it feels in my hand. 

I think someone stepped on the hose and tried to hide it because I found it under my table. Since I needed a new hose so quickly I went and ordered the d hose hybrid. It just arrived today and I'm very happy with it so far.

I think someone stepped on the hose and tried to hide it because I found it under my table. Since I needed a new hose so quickly I went and ordered the d hose hybrid. It just arrived today and I'm very happy with it so far.

Awesome!!!! how's the draw with it? I can tell you it's definitely a pretty hose, at least from what I can tell from the pictures on hookah-shisha.

Starbuzz, Maximus hose i had it for a while and i love it! Great clouds and draws perfect each time you smoke it.

Thanks guys. I have actually had a chance to use the Dream hose before and it was enjoyable. Other than the fact that the owner removed the glass tip and we were smoking from the nub it attaches to. Would you say the glass is thick enough to handle a couple drops to carpet or to the couch? 

I think I may be looking at getting the Dream Hose Hybrid 2.0 

Definitely the best investment it is nearly impossible to break. I have the glass tip and the plastic tip dream hoses and while they both smoke well the glass breaks easily and the plastic scratches and cracks. The aluminum d hose is great too my friend has one but I prefer the d 2

Definitely the best investment it is nearly impossible to break. I have the glass tip and the plastic tip dream hoses and while they both smoke well the glass breaks easily and the plastic scratches and cracks. The aluminum d hose is great too my friend has one but I prefer the d 2

I'm liking the hybrid 2.0 so far. I thought that my last hose(no-name washable) had a wide draw but this thing blows it out of the water. 

IMG_20150815_152650652.jpg

Hands down the regular shika hose. I've had it for going on two years. It's washable fairly sturdy and has been put to intensive use. I swear it's the best 20 I've spent hookah related. It's a bit restricted but that's it's one flaw even though I don't consider it one.

I have to quote this, the shika hose is actually quite good, better than both nammors I've owned for sure at the least. My first nammor was a standard black one that came with a small crack but hookah shisha wouldn't really help with it since I had a hard time explaining what was wrong, it worked but the trouble of getting the plastic whatever taste in them makes these hoses not worth it for me, I got the wrapped red nammor from a code to try. It was actually in good condition but it still tastes like plastic no matter what I do with it, maybe its fixable but I find you're better off investing in something for the same price or less for a hose without this issue, like the shika I've found. Still has it but the plastic tubing is much better and easier to clean. I think the restricted draw can be fixed with a swapped mouth piece and my only downside is that you need two grommets to make the tip fit. Honestly I'm shocked I haven't heard anybody mention the new hose or disposable fancy hose. Those are a dime a dozen, easy to clean as it gets, lightweight and sturdy for the price point. Its always worth keeping a couple around

I have to quote this, the shika hose is actually quite good, better than both nammors I've owned for sure at the least. My first nammor was a standard black one that came with a small crack but hookah shisha wouldn't really help with it since I had a hard time explaining what was wrong, it worked but the trouble of getting the plastic whatever taste in them makes these hoses not worth it for me, I got the wrapped red nammor from a code to try. It was actually in good condition but it still tastes like plastic no matter what I do with it, maybe its fixable but I find you're better off investing in something for the same price or less for a hose without this issue, like the shika I've found. Still has it but the plastic tubing is much better and easier to clean. I think the restricted draw can be fixed with a swapped mouth piece and my only downside is that you need two grommets to make the tip fit. Honestly I'm shocked I haven't heard anybody mention the new hose or disposable fancy hose. Those are a dime a dozen, easy to clean as it gets, lightweight and sturdy for the price point. Its always worth keeping a couple around

The only thing I don't like about disposables is they tend to condensate really easy and leave me with what I call glycerin lipstick lol. The juice will coat my lips and cause me to switch them out. Even washing them sucks because they don't exactly dry quick then back to the original problem I stated.

But yes nammor hoses are not what they once were! I really disliked how long they lasted. It was literally a month.