Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peterjacguier

2 Hose or 1 Hose????

Question

Hi , i would like to know what is better. I don't smoke with others that much but when i do, i do it with 3-4 people maximum . They are always good sessions but i always feel as if a 2 hose hookah would be better. Is it worth getting a 2 hose?? Are they better?? Or should i stick with 1 hose. Give me your suggestions! Thanks for reading.

11 answers to this question

As a rule of thumb one hose is better. With multiple hoses you gotta keep your finger on the hose that's not being used. If you dont you'll have flow problems. 

If you did want to expand to multiple hoses you can purchase auto sealing hose adapters. Some more modern styled hookahs will fit these adapters on the purge ports and will let you add an additional hose. The trade off, which is quite large, is that you can no longer purge the base. This is not much of a problem if the people you are smoking with are constantly pulling on the hookah and not letting it sit for too long without taking a pull. 

A more "traditional" way (and I use that loosely) is that each smoker has their own hookah and the host tends to each of them as the themselves are smoking and their guests are smoking. Personally my friends bring their hookahs with them so I trust them to tend to their own setups. Its all up to you and your friends man, experiment and find out!

That is also a good idea. I sont have many friends with hookahs but i will definitely try out what you said an get them to bring their hookahs. Thanks for the help man , have a nice day!!

I have a KM Platinum Kamanja that I would try that two hose adapter thing on, because the hookah itself has massive draw...  But the other 99% of the time I vote 1 hose hookahs because it allows for a better session not fussing with the airflow, as has been mentioned.

I believe that it all depends on the draw of the hookah that you have. If your hookah has a large downstem that provides more than enough airflow, then you really shouldn't have to worry about problems with suction. Alas, if you don't want to sacrifice your purge valve for an extra hose, I'd recommend looking into a 3 hose hookah with a large downstem, and then taking off one of the 3 hose stems and replacing it with a purge valve.

p.s. Make sure that the hose stems are removable and are able to fit a purge valve on them before you throw hundreds of dollars into it.

I'm lucky enough to own two hookahs - a one hose and a two hose, and frankly I love them both. A single hose is definitely better as you can purge stale air out before taking a puff. However with my two hose hookah there's a valve in each hose port so you can use it as a purge when you are smoking alone. 

My rule of thumb is how many people come over that smoke hookah. I usually just use the single hose unless all my sisters are coming over. Then I pull out the two hose hookah because is more comfortable for everybody, but there's no preference for one over the other. 

I haven't had the opportunity yet of actually having enough people over to have both hookahs going at the same time, but I'm looking forward to the day when that opportunity presents itself. 

I'm lucky enough to own two hookahs - a one hose and a two hose, and frankly I love them both. A single hose is definitely better as you can purge stale air out before taking a puff. However with my two hose hookah there's a valve in each hose port so you can use it as a purge when you are smoking alone. 

My rule of thumb is how many people come over that smoke hookah. I usually just use the single hose unless all my sisters are coming over. Then I pull out the two hose hookah because is more comfortable for everybody, but there's no preference for one over the other. 

I haven't had the opportunity yet of actually having enough people over to have both hookahs going at the same time, but I'm looking forward to the day when that opportunity presents itself. 

Having multiple hookahs going looks impressive in and of it self. The one thing that is key if you have more than two going is to setup an order to pass the hoses in, else you start crossing the streams so to speak. 

else you start crossing the streams so to speak. 

DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyaLZHiJJnE

But yeah, that's always an issue with multiple hookahs.  If I'm at a party, I usually will set one up with Nakhla or Tangiers, and the other with something much lighter, like AF or Starbuzz, and pick out dramatically different flavors.  People will gravitate toward one side of the table or another depending on their preferences in flavor and strength.  It keeps things a lot cleaner.

The problem is when you create a killer mix in one and everyone loves it and no one really cares for the other, or one is a sub-par hookah compared to the other.  Then you've basically set up one hookah for nothing.

Having multiple hookahs going looks impressive in and of it self. The one thing that is key if you have more than two going is to setup an order to pass the hoses in, else you start crossing the streams so to speak. 

DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyaLZHiJJnE

But yeah, that's always an issue with multiple hookahs.  If I'm at a party, I usually will set one up with Nakhla or Tangiers, and the other with something much lighter, like AF or Starbuzz, and pick out dramatically different flavors.  People will gravitate toward one side of the table or another depending on their preferences in flavor and strength.  It keeps things a lot cleaner.

The problem is when you create a killer mix in one and everyone loves it and no one really cares for the other, or one is a sub-par hookah compared to the other.  Then you've basically set up one hookah for nothing.

From noticing how my sisters sit on my couch, I don't think that would be a problem. I have an L-shaped couch which gives me plenty of room to put both hookahs in enough proximity to each side of the couch for them to smoke. Usually they like something mild so I don't think I would put different flavors on both unless they asked. Damn I really can't wait until I have the opportunity of having both going at the same time.