Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BenzoKenzo

If you could add any retail items to your local hookah lounge, what would it be?

Question

So I'm a regular at a hookah lounge in my town, and I was curious... If you could add any items to your local hookah lounge, what would they be? Are there any cleaning products/ hoses/ bases/ heads/ shisha/ etc. that you'd like to see in a lounge near you?

12 answers to this question

I think anyone that has tried tangiers would love to get that in their local hookah lounge( with the employees knowing how to pack and serve that brand right ) also maybe use silicone hoses so you dont have to taste the other flavours in the hoses if you dont bring yours.

I think the one thing most people would request, as jHookah has mentioned, is for local lounges and supply stores to carry Tangiers. The next thing I would say, as jHookah has mentioned, is to use silicone hoses or even Nuhoses that are fresh per table. 

All the lounges in my area do not use natural coals so that would be a definite thing I would like to see them switch to. My favorite spot used to use Naturals but their vendor stopped selling to them so they switched to Three Kings.

Aside from that most lounges I go to are generally good at keeping up with popular trends and some, especially my favorite spot, have special brands that are straight from the Middle East that they do not advertise but you can ask for.

Natural coals.  I bring my own hoses 90% of the time.  But it's up to the owner to provide good coals.  And, most of them don't do naturals.  It bothers me so much - why would a business owner have boxes of coals that are more flammable sitting around their business?  They're not saving money or time, and providing the lounger with a less than optimal experience.

Besides that, all I ask for is decent tobacco.  At home, I'm primarily a Tangiers smoker, but I don't expect it when I go to a lounge.  I'm not that picky when I'm out and about anyway.

Natural coals.  I bring my own hoses 90% of the time.  But it's up to the owner to provide good coals.  And, most of them don't do naturals.  It bothers me so much - why would a business owner have boxes of coals that are more flammable sitting around their business?  They're not saving money or time, and providing the lounger with a less than optimal experience.

Besides that, all I ask for is decent tobacco.  At home, I'm primarily a Tangiers smoker, but I don't expect it when I go to a lounge.  I'm not that picky when I'm out and about anyway.

Personally I don't find quick lights to be that bad so long as the lounge is caring for your session constantly, I.E. they clear the foil completely and replace the coals long before the QLs get too long gone. Some places are nightmares to get anyone for assistance, and they look at you as if you stabbed their first born if you ask for another round of coals. A well packed bowl can last up to two hours depending on the brand and how much tobacco note the smoker enjoys , a QL maybe lasts a half hour. Its like the lounges don't do the math at all when they are serving you.

I also like the bringing your own hoses, I am bringing mine with me to the lounge tomorrow. My D-Hose acryllic and my Starbuzz Royal will shine tomorrow. 

And to add to the list of things more lounges need to do: Bring me a dang windcover. There are so many times I am at certain lounges in my area and the bowl just needs that extra kick of heat to be perfect and there is nothing I can do. I have contemplated bringing my own covers to use because of this.

I haven't been to many lounges, but so far the ones I've been to have been very good. It also helps that when I first was introduced to hookah smoking I was living in a predominantly middle eastern neighborhood of NJ and I never got a bad hookah. I would go for dinner and then order a hookah after my belly was full of curry goat. Great experiences.
Since it was so easily accessible to me, I never really thought of owning my own hookah until about 2 years ago when my sister brought me one from her last deployment to Dubai. 

when I used to smoke outside in the summer they would supply a wind cover. The rest of the lounges I've been to however had a makeshift windcover out of foil so not many complains there. 

Personally I don't find quick lights to be that bad so long as the lounge is caring for your session constantly, I.E. they clear the foil completely and replace the coals long before the QLs get too long gone. Some places are nightmares to get anyone for assistance, and they look at you as if you stabbed their first born if you ask for another round of coals. A well packed bowl can last up to two hours depending on the brand and how much tobacco note the smoker enjoys , a QL maybe lasts a half hour. Its like the lounges don't do the math at all when they are serving you.

And to add to the list of things more lounges need to do: Bring me a dang windcover. There are so many times I am at certain lounges in my area and the bowl just needs that extra kick of heat to be perfect and there is nothing I can do. I have contemplated bringing my own covers to use because of this.

Yeah, the lounge that I go to when I just gotta get out of the house is GREAT about coals.  They'll ask me even how many I want, if I want to hold on to the tongs or not, and they make their rounds about every 15 minutes.  Great service.  I've been to others where it's a surcharge for an extra coal and "flipping" them is unheard of.  No, I'm not paying for new coals.  I'm just not doing it.  I paid you already for the hookah.  You can surely afford to put two or three new coals on my bowl.

And yes, windcovers!  Not only for heat though - the places that don't use them look like an atom bomb hit it after a year of opening because of "incidents."

Yes I agree with eighty four windcovers, a steady shipment of nakhla and af (most around me turn out to be expired) and a decent hose selection. It's always the starbuzz non washables and the mod plastic ones that won't fit Km's. I'd be so down for mazaya in stores as well

Okay, so at the lounge I work at, we carry all km hoses and km single pear hookahs. our shisha is specifically AF and the hookahs that we sell for retail are all at least semi rare km's like the dana, prince and annubis for example. ive been working on a project to expand our retail selection so that we could carry more of a variety for the customers! luckily we do use coco jamra jumbo coals which are all natural. ive been trying to push to carry tangiers, if we open a patio ill tell the boss that we need wind guards, but inside the lounge with three jumbo coals, all a wind guard would do is burn the heads too quickly. my boss thinks that ice hoses and upside down heads are gimmiky, and I agree with him to an extent. but thank you all for the feedback!

if we open a patio ill tell the boss that we need wind guards, but inside the lounge with three jumbo coals, all a wind guard would do is burn the heads too quickly. my boss thinks that ice hoses and upside down heads are gimmiky, and I agree with him to an extent. but thank you all for the feedback!

What I've never understood is where the "wind covers are only good for outside" myth comes from.  Wind covers, despite their name, trap in heat, and, with a little bit different coal management, help your coals last longer and stay consistent much longer.  They save your shop money in the long run on coals.  And when you have that One Drunk GuyTM show up (and you know it will happen) and knock over the hookah, your floors, tables, and anything flammable will be protected from the coals flying off by staying inside the wind cover, saving you money on repairs and maintenance.

Ice hoses are probably the least gimmicky of any "cooling" devices.  Ice chambered hookahs are prone to rust damage.  Ice in the base melts quickly.  An ice hose, given that you purchase quality ones, can last a couple hours, and provide the user a nice, cold smoke.

Upside-down heads/bowls aren't worth it for a lounge, but phunnel bowls definitely would be an improvement if you're not using them already, particularly for juicier tobaccos, and it's pretty much a necessity for Tangiers.

That's why we use jumbo coals, their about twice the size of your average coconut coal, if you were to use a wind guard on them the heads would overheat. Furthermore, we serve Apple oranges grapefruits and pineapples to smoke out of, which wouldn't be able to use a wind guard. Alas, I think they would be a good idea if we had a large air current to prevent the coals from burning too quickly, but we don't. I understand that wind guards are essential for regulating heat, but it just doesn't make much sense from the position we are in. Furthermore, from the ice hoses that I've had, the soguk sucks, and the mystique is really the only hose that would make it worth while, but to do that we'd need a freezer that's easily accessible from the Shisha station, and we would need people to smoke for less than 2 hours or else the ice hose would melt, and become useless. On top of that, we would need to switch to hoses that would fit the ice hose, and the only one I'm aware of is the nammor hoses, which aren't made of silicone and conflict with points that other people have made in this post. Lastly, phunnel bowls would work well if we were stocked with tangiers, but for the AF Shisha we use, it's not really much of a problem, personally I get a better smoke and flavor out of standard heads with AF, even though I am educated with phunnel bowls and how to pack them.

Tbh, the biggest problem with hookah bars in area is consistency. There one or two employees that really enjoy and dive into the work. All the others just work at a lounge because it's cool. Lounges really need to invest in employees and train them so that every type of hookah they pack has a standard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk