Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aaron

Suddenly sheeshed (buzzed)

Question

Hey everyone.

I've been smoking hookah for a little over a year or so and usually smoke al fakher, starbuzz or fumari.

I usually feel a little 'buzzed' towards the end of a session.

(Btw I'm assuming a buzz as people say is the drowsy feeling from hookah or extremely relaxed feeling)

But lately I've been having about 20-30 pulls before I start feeling it which is really quick. It happened about two weeks ago and I'm not sure why. I've been having more solo sessions which may have something to do with it but just thought I'd put it out there n ask if anyone else has suddenly... Lost their tolerance to hookah? After smoking for a while already.

Looking forward to hearing your responses

6 answers to this question

Hey everyone.

I've been smoking hookah for a little over a year or so and usually smoke al fakher, starbuzz or fumari.

(Btw I'm assuming a buzz as people say is the drowsy feeling from hookah or extremely relaxed feeling)

But lately I've been having about 20-30 pulls before I start feeling it which is really quick. It happened about two weeks ago and I'm not sure why. I've been having more solo sessions which may have something to do with it but just thought I'd put it out there n ask if anyone else has suddenly... Lost their tolerance to hookah? After smoking for a while already.

Looking forward to hearing your responses

Could just be a metabolism thing. Try getting on some vitamins and a healthy diet for a week and see how it goes. Bodies are everchanging!

I've never really heard about feeling drowsy nor felt it. I'm not saying you don't do this but remember to drink water during your sessions. Nicotine sickness is a very real thing that can happen to anyone.

With the PSA out of the way I should answer your question. No I haven't had any feeling of losing my tolerance. Actually I think my tolerance has gone up since I started smoking. I've noticed that I am able to tolerate harsh smoke,and high heat much better than others. 

I'm really curious, are you smoking the same flavors or different flavors

Same ones as I mentioned.

I've never really heard about feeling drowsy nor felt it. I'm not saying you don't do this but remember to drink water during your sessions. Nicotine sickness is a very real thing that can happen to anyone.

With the PSA out of the way I should answer your question. No I haven't had any feeling of losing my tolerance. Actually I think my tolerance has gone up since I started smoking. I've noticed that I am able to tolerate harsh smoke,and high heat much better than others. 

Weird. People say "gives a good buzz" but to me, a buzz is like a 'coffee buzz' because you get energy hence 'buzz' but I guess it's just a different thing with hookah.

I feel it more with mint flavours.

Also I might add to my original post, when I smoke hookah inside it makes it worse. I always drink while smoking hookah and have a decent meal beforehand.

I had a session with a mate just before and everything was fine, so I guess maybe I'm just going too flat out by myself.

Same ones as I mentioned.

Weird. People say "gives a good buzz" but to me, a buzz is like a 'coffee buzz' because you get energy hence 'buzz' but I guess it's just a different thing with hookah.

I feel it more with mint flavours.

Also I might add to my original post, when I smoke hookah inside it makes it worse. I always drink while smoking hookah and have a decent meal beforehand.

I had a session with a mate just before and everything was fine, so I guess maybe I'm just going too flat out by myself.

If you're looking for a coffee buzz tangiers f line is based with caffeine instead of nicotine. I've never had it but I'm sure it packs a hell of a punch.

With nicotine you don't get a up beat buzz you get a relaxed feeling so you should expect that instead of loads of energy! The more you smoke by yourself that more your body will get used to it. I don't get buzzed unless I smoke nakhla by itself or tangiers. These washed tobaccos don't do anything to me, they're just enjoyable.

Hey everyone.

Looking forward to hearing your responses emoji4.png

I think you are building a tolerance for the amount of nicotine you are taking in. When you smoke enough eventually you won't fell the "buzz".