Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint Head

Any thoughts on the shika oblivion bowl or Egyptian phunnels in general?

Question

I've had a shika oblivion for awhile now but its only my second time using it, currently trying some standard AF mint, I put 4 titanium's on the damn thing but its probably smoking my AF better than any other bowl and I'm extremely surprised, I've also seen some standard smaller Egyptian phunnel heads on sale at 5star and I'm curious to see if anyone has experience with these bowls since they seem fairly new. Personally with this bowl I think its great, the walls are so thick it just handles heat so well, I was worried that the spire being so wide it wouldn't smoke well but its fantastic so far, I think its better than my 80ft honestly, and even my regular Egyptian which I almost exclusively smoke AF out of. This might be my new go to bowl.

3 answers to this question

And after going through a few sessions of it I find this bowl to be pretty ridiculous, the base is so full of smoke you can't even see the down stem, whenever I get these kind of monsters clouds its because my tobacco is burning, this isn't by any means, I always get good clouds with al fakher but this is like Tangier's level. Its completely smooth with no harshness and full flavor. This bowl takes heat so its just crazy, and I didn't have to do some hookahrev juju magic that took 3 months to work out, I literally just fluff packed it in, moved it around and under the rim, and poked a bunch of holes none over the spire. This seriously might put all my other bowls out of commission and I really recommend it, I'm gonna even try Tangier's in it later to see what happens

I haven't used ordered them yet but I have my eyes on the Shika oblivion and the sandstorm models. Hookahcompany.com has them at a reasonable price with cheap shipping. I didn't order them yet because I had gotten the minzari crown and I'm very happy with it.

I haven't used ordered them yet but I have my eyes on the Shika oblivion and the sandstorm models. Hookahcompany.com has them at a reasonable price with cheap shipping. I didn't order them yet because I had gotten the minzari crown and I'm very happy with it.

Yeah I had my eye on those bowls before I ever considered getting a shika so it was like a bonus when I did buy one a couple weeks back or so. I was skeptical on using it since I didn't want to learn how to work a new bowl. But so far its quite good. Nobody is really talking about the shika bowls and I haven't seen or heard anything on the other egyptian phunnels, outside vague mentions on just a couple videos. I've been steering towards Egyptian heads lately and this was an interesting hybrid type bowl. I don't weight my tobacco but if I use a 50 g pack of AF I can basically load this bowl about twice with enough left over for half a bowl give or take.