Jerryzman

How namy coals

Question

Hello everyone. I'm coming to you from Central Florida. Got my first Hookah a couple days ago. Got kind of a cheap one until I was sure I liked it. Well I'm sure. I have seen several videos where people put one, two, or three coals on their bowl. I am a vaper after giving up cigars. So I use non-tobacco shisha "Starbuzz" What is a good number for coals?

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Hello everyone. I'm coming to you from Central Florida. Got my first Hookah a couple days ago. Got kind of a cheap one until I was sure I liked it. Well I'm sure. I have seen several videos where people put one, two, or three coals on their bowl. I am a vaper after giving up cigars. So I use non-tobacco shisha "Starbuzz" What is a good number for coals?

Hi and welcome to the forum. Have you seen this article: http://www.hookah.org/hookah-heat-management/

• Like 2

Generally I would say two coals is the best bet. You will know you need more coals if the smoke is very weak, and having too many coals will make smoking harsh and unpleasant. Honestly the best advice is to try out different methods and find the best that works for you. When it comes to smoking hookah everyone has their own preferences

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the forum. Have you seen this article: http://www.hookah.org/hookah-heat-management/

No I have not, but I will check it out, and thank you for the welcome.

That article was really good. Another question, how do you know when your session is over. Does the smoke/vapor get weaker, or is there a burn taste?

• Like 1

That article was really good. Another question, how do you know when your session is over. Does the smoke/vapor get weaker, or is there a burn taste?

You can tell the session is over when the coals are not producing enough heat, can't produce anything more than a wispy smoke or when the flavor of the tobacco is no longer discernible. 

• Like 1

You can tell the session is over when the coals are not producing enough heat, can't produce anything more than a wispy smoke or when the flavor of the tobacco is no longer discernible. 

That's what I thougt. With my traditional vaping devices you can see how much juice is left. Thanks for the response.

• Like 2