Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hookahmatt

Social smoke

Question

So I've never really tried social smoke before, but I decided to go ahead and give the duec DE leches, and so far I can't really seem to get it to smoke at least the way that I would like it to smoke. I've been using a hookah John alien funnel bolt, now I did order and 80 feet funnel bolt that should be getting her on Friday which I will try again but I'm wondering if maybe I'm doing something wrong and if anybody has any advice or ideas please let me know I've been using 3 leoonara charcoal which I know or not the best and I'm going to try and get some different ones and I almost wonder if that's my biggest problem as of right now

17 answers to this question

Social smoke is one of the easiest shisha out there to smoke. At first I always used to smoke it out of a vortex bowl, but it works just was well on the Hemi or the funnel. I'm betting is the coals that you are  using because social smoke can be heat sensitive and sometimes 3 natural coals can be way too much heat. 

Um. I cong to try a mod bowl and only two coals. Maybe this flavor is just not very strong.

Social smoke flavors are very weak to me besides the mint, you're probably smoking it fine

Social Smoke Dulce de Leche has got to be my most favorite flavor of all time. I LOVE all Social Smoke flavors because they are not overwhelming. As hookahmatt said, they are not very strong but I've been able to smoke a single bowl for 4 hours with only loosing flavor after the 3rd hour. I guess it depends on the bowl and the packing. I've always used a vortex most of the time and sometimes a funnel. 

I"m biased towards Social Smoke because I truly just love all their flavors. 

Social Smoke Dulce de Leche has got to be my most favorite flavor of all time. I LOVE all Social Smoke flavors because they are not overwhelming. As hookahmatt said, they are not very strong but I've been able to smoke a single bowl for 4 hours with only loosing flavor after the 3rd hour. I guess it depends on the bowl and the packing. I've always used a vortex most of the time and sometimes a funnel. 

I"m biased towards Social Smoke because I truly just love all their flavors. 

I used a Egyptian clay bowl with three to two coals off and on, and I will say the flavor was better, but the flavor was just so much more mild then the smell of the tobacco, or compared to most of the bands I smoke. I will try social smoke again, but I don't think I will try this flavor again.

I used a Egyptian clay bowl with three to two coals off and on, and I will say the flavor was better, but the flavor was just so much more mild then the smell of the tobacco, or compared to most of the bands I smoke. I will try social smoke again, but I don't think I will try this flavor again.

I was having this problem before I joined the site here, and I actually asked Paul on a YouTube video about that, he basically told me that their flavors are generally on the weak side compared to mint (the only flavor Ive had with a decent flavor strength) so there's that

I was having this problem before I joined the site here, and I actually asked Paul on a YouTube video about that, he basically told me that their flavors are generally on the weak side compared to mint (the only flavor Ive had with a decent flavor strength) so there's that

I bought a whole kilo of Mobster and I've only used maybe 100-150 grams since having it. It's a weak flavor to me and just not one I can really see myself buying again. But, Arabian Nights is a different story for me lol I loved how strong it was of just straight coffee bean

I bought a whole kilo of Mobster and I've only used maybe 100-150 grams since having it. It's a weak flavor to me and just not one I can really see myself buying again. But, Arabian Nights is a different story for me lol I loved how strong it was of just straight coffee bean

Man you gotta be doing something wrong monster has always been a strong citrus mix flavor for me. I love that flavor.

Man you gotta be doing something wrong monster has always been a strong citrus mix flavor for me. I love that flavor.

I know I have to be :( I just can't seem to get it. Tastes like redbull to me

SS used to be my go-to shops primary shisha, but now they are switching to Fumari because people have an easier time with Fumari, and also love the flavor palette.  I love Social Smoke, they are subtle, and I like my stuff subtle.  I like beverages watered down, I like bar drinks shaken not stirred, I'm just that kinda asshole.  But Social Smoke works best for me in any of Hookah Johns bowls (which is ironic because he hates them, and that's kinda why I started buying Social Smoke), and I use 2x titaniums coals or ecocha, those are my two go-to's there, too.

Also, I've noticed if you leave an extra 1/8" away from the foil/lotus, you get a more even cook with less burning.  Also, de-stem this stuff, they just grind it up and drop it in, there are stems for days.  One stem touching the foil will chain that heat to the bowl.

Mobster is amazing!! one of my favorite Social Smoke flavors, but so is Voltage, and cherry, and cinnamon, and clove, and watermelon chill, and... well, you get the idea. LL