Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint Head

Any underrated, lesser known brands/flavors that deserve more attention?

Question

Just curious as to know what other interesting brands and flavors I haven't heard about, I'm sure there's a lot of good hidden gems around.

11 answers to this question

Some brands I find in South Africa which no one else here posts about.

Ameren

Royal Tobacco

Afzal

Hookah Lite

Lemby

All quite good but not all flavours from each are great.

Gotta throw a hat in for Mazaya.  Cheap, underrated, and tasty.  I love their strawberry, and their 4 seasons, or whatever their citrus quartet is called.

yep mazaya big time.  Strawberry is the best flavor I've tried all year.

I would call alchemist an unknown brand since it doesn't release till next month. I'll be getting some samples from them next week and ill let the forums know how good they are.

What's cool is they age their tobacco leaves in oak barrels and use terms like stout which is typically found in higher alcohol content beers for their higher nicotine line category.

Mazaya has definitely been something I wanna delve into, and yeah I saw hookahjohns video on the alchemist blend tobacco, it sounds pretty interesting and I wanna snag some when it comes out, as for all the brands found in south africa mentioned, would I have to scatter around on different sites to find them? Or is there something where its all readily available and I can just get a few samples? If they are harder to find that's okay but it'll just be awhile before I get around to trying them xD

Also that Al Rayan gum with mint I had was actually extremely good, I know some of you guys mentioned they had good peach, cream, a d citrus flavors I think, but that's another brand I gotta mess around with more, personally I like having a wide variety of tobacco in my stash, and I really haven't been smoking that long overall and theres just so much out there to try without much information outside the really well known stuff when it comes to hookah

This is a great idea for a discussion, at the money I can't think of any brand that needs some attention. But I would recommend Guava from Tangiers in a heartbeat, I think most think it will taste like other Guava flavors on the market, but Tangiers is really creamy and has a great Sweet taste, if anyone is a fan of Tangiers, think about Guava next time you order.

Nak Banana. Seriously underrated but easily the best banana flavor I have ever had. It tastes pretty spot on to eating a banana yet I never really have seen people give it the credit it deserves. On the flip side Nak Pistachio is raved about but I find it merely okay. 

Adayla (might have spelled that wrong) has some rather interesting flavors, the cactus flower is a nice smooth flavor that is about a 6/10 on flavor strength but I could smoke it all day. It's a german brand from the same people who make the Interlude hose I have heard.

The best banana I have had is Afzal Banana. There aren't any online Shisha shops in RSA. The closest to such would be to look up Shisha Buzz on Facebook and try order through them. They are about the best Hookah shop in RSA in terms of range and price and they ship locally. So they may be able to ship internationally as well. The only shop in the country that stocks Starbuzz and KM hookahs.

Nak Banana. Seriously underrated but easily the best banana flavor I have ever had. It tastes pretty spot on to eating a banana yet I never really have seen people give it the credit it deserves. On the flip side Nak Pistachio is raved about but I find it merely okay. 

Adayla (might have spelled that wrong) has some rather interesting flavors, the cactus flower is a nice smooth flavor that is about a 6/10 on flavor strength but I could smoke it all day. It's a german brand from the same people who make the Interlude hose I have heard.

That's funny because people make a big deal about nakhla mandarin and I just thought it was okay, I've had better citrus flavors

Here's my list: 

Nile
jewels
Voodoo
Hydro Herbal (tobacco alternative that is super yummy)
Ayam Zaman (so freaking delicious for a modern style tobacco and so underrated is not even funny)
last but not least, The King Shisha. I know they are a pretty new brand but this time around they have really done an amazing job at creating a very enjoyable tobacco alternative. 

That's funny because people make a big deal about nakhla mandarin and I just thought it was okay, I've had better citrus flavors

I found Mandarin to be interesting, but yeah definitely not as good as is raved about.