Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint Head

Best container to buy nakhla in or best way to store it yourself?

Question

For awhile I've debated getting something like the canned packs of Nakhla double Apple, I think you can find them in kilos or 500 grams, but the same goes for class jars or the twist on containers but I don't really wanna risk it anymore, one of my two 250 gram boxes I got of double apple awhile ago was pretty dry, and recently I ordered the same pack for mizp guava but I'm pretty sure that tobacco is ruined because a ton of juice just seeped out of the crappy clear plastic wrap over the tobacco and got all over the inside of the sealed bag, I lost a lot of juice because of this and could only do so much to get it back in. But now that tobacco just doesn't taste right at all and I'm sure this is the issue because my 50 gram boxes of mizo mint are just fine. Does this sort of thing matter with double apple specifically and is it okay if its kind of dry? I have mason jars to store them in I just want to make sure my tobacco comes in right, especially if I buy in bulk. Since I'm on this topic, how do you guys feel about the new Al Fakher 250 gram packaging? Is it good? I used to just take the whole bag and store it in a mason jar with much success but I can't do that anymore and that was the best way for me, so is the new packaging good enough on its own or do I have to repack it myself?

6 answers to this question

Yeahhhhh, I had the same problem with my nakhla. Crapply wrapped in saran wrap and the juice went everywhere and basically wasted my money...didn't help that it was over 100° in AZ when I ordered/received it.

For awhile I've debated getting something like the canned packs of Nakhla double Apple, I think you can find them in kilos or 500 grams, but the same goes for class jars or the twist on containers but I don't really wanna risk it anymore, one of my two 250 gram boxes I got of double apple awhile ago was pretty dry, and recently I ordered the same pack for mizp guava but I'm pretty sure that tobacco is ruined because a ton of juice just seeped out of the crappy clear plastic wrap over the tobacco and got all over the inside of the sealed bag, I lost a lot of juice because of this and could only do so much to get it back in. But now that tobacco just doesn't taste right at all and I'm sure this is the issue because my 50 gram boxes of mizo mint are just fine. Does this sort of thing matter with double apple specifically and is it okay if its kind of dry? I have mason jars to store them in I just want to make sure my tobacco comes in right, especially if I buy in bulk. Since I'm on this topic, how do you guys feel about the new Al Fakher 250 gram packaging? Is it good? I used to just take the whole bag and store it in a mason jar with much success but I can't do that anymore and that was the best way for me, so is the new packaging good enough on its own or do I have to repack it myself?

In my experience the dryness of nakhla doesn't matter. It's not wasted money just a bit smaller clouds and more heat management. I store mine just fine in tubberware. Keep in mind I live in Vegas so my weather is just as bad as Corbin's. Never had a bad session with nak bought offline.

You may want to put the tobacco in your container and leave the wrapping resting over it so it can drip. I always do this. Check the bag for any juice and do the same.

The new af packaging is good better than the buckets but not much. Had orange mint for a month and no flavor loss.

In my experience the dryness of nakhla doesn't matter. It's not wasted money just a bit smaller clouds and more heat management. I store mine just fine in tubberware. Keep in mind I live in Vegas so my weather is just as bad as Corbin's. Never had a bad session with nak bought offline.

You may want to put the tobacco in your container and leave the wrapping resting over it so it can drip. I always do this. Check the bag for any juice and do the same.

The new af packaging is good better than the buckets but not much. Had orange mint for a month and no flavor loss.

Well I already threw the plastic away awhile ago unfortunately, I have the tobacco stored in a plastic tub so I'm not gonna toss it, I'll keep messing with it. And that packing for AF sounds good enough for me, a 250 g doesn't even really last me a whole month so that's good. But as long as nakhla is basically always gonna work well then I guess I have nothing to worry about, thanks lol

Well I already threw the plastic away awhile ago unfortunately, I have the tobacco stored in a plastic tub so I'm not gonna toss it, I'll keep messing with it. And that packing for AF sounds good enough for me, a 250 g doesn't even really last me a whole month so that's good. But as long as nakhla is basically always gonna work well then I guess I have nothing to worry about, thanks lol

I have at least a kilo at all times of different flavors so I can mix otherwise a 250 would be gone in a week or less haha my tangiers always goes quick.

I have at least a kilo at all times of different flavors so I can mix otherwise a 250 would be gone in a week or less haha my tangiers always goes quick.

That's usually what I always try to keep on hand, around a kilo all together at a time and I still burn through it quick lol

I don't like this new packaging, each time I get it the lid doesn't stay on just like the old one, john has that video where he shows how good it'll stay but this isn't doing it for me, I'm paranoid so I just put it all in a mason jar, wish they kept the bags those worked well for me with the jar