Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint Head

How many rounds of coals do you get from your sessions?

Question

I know I keep posting a lot of questions guys, but I think this one is a pretty important one, I haven't been on all the forums out there but I know this is something generally not gone over especially in YouTube videos and reviews whether it be bowl reviews or tobacco or both. So for the guys with more experience here, how much can you maximise your tobacco and out of what set ups? Tangier's I think is obvious to everyone that it lasts almost forever, but what about everything else? I know I've wasted my fair share or perfectly usable tobacco, so what are your thoughts?

7 answers to this question

Depends on the bowl tobacco and packing method. There is no definitive answer.

80 feet with foil I can go two rounds with al fakher, haze, and nakhla.

Mini rook which is the same size I can get the same results.

Egy bowls I use the lotus and only do a single round but if I'm at a lounge they'll go two.

Tangiers small and an alien is just one unless I use tangiers up to three at most more like two and a half because it'll be too dry to smoke.

Basically the answer is already in your habits. How long do you want to smoke and how much do you pack. Just think of that yourself and you'll find you aren't wasting tobacco.

Well that's a relief, I've just heard of some people doing things like getting three rounds on that tiny crown classic bowl and other smaller stuff, I generally don't like to smoke more than an hour or hour and a half at a time because I'm lazy and don't wanna get more coals till later. But either way I've never really tried going two rounds on the 80 feet besides with tangiers, I didn't think that bowl was capable of two rounds before recently, especially since people say the 80 feet can only take Tangier's for 2 hours, but its been intimidating because when I started I had an Egyptian head capable of going at least two rounds of coal, and didn't know for several months so I've wasted a ton, it was not good xD

Yeah I've wasted a bit over the years not knowing how much a bowl could take but as I said it's really only as long as you want to smoke.

With my 80 feet one round burns most of it and the second will surely suffice in making sure I used it all but most of the time I do what you do and be a lazy guy and call it quits after the first. That's why I don't own a harmony lol

I never bothered to replace my harmony after it broke because of this even though I only used it once, Just not something that suits me, but I really didn't know I could go an extra round on the 80ft so that's gonna be really useful for when I smoke around friends and don't wanna repack bowls all the time, but its good to know I haven't really been wasting tobacco lately since all my bowls right now either hold the same amount or less

I just smoke one set of coals, three or two at a time. That's enough for me. But if I have friends over, then I will do two sets, if I get a full hour or more,i dont think of it as a waste, that might just be me.

i gotta throw in my two cents, because my Irish buddy has been asking this stuff to me more and more as he has more and more people over to his place.

Dudewheresmyhookah makes a great point, in that, you choose the bowl and the shisha according to the people smoking, the time you wanna spend, and any other variables that may be key.

I almost always smoke alone.  I know, call me pathetic or whatever, but the hookah scene is very underground here, because of a few laws passed 7 or 8 years ago making indoor smoking so hard.  I do know that there are still 4-5 stores that sell only one shisha of one of the top 10 companies, but all together, that means in 50 square miles I get 6 flavors of shisha to pay double price for :)  So I like hookah-shisha.. but anyway, back on point.

My lonely smokin' ways lead me down the Alien path a lot.  Since I do a lot of computer work when I'm smokin' alone at home, I tend to use my lotus for most bowls.  I like 2 Titaniums/Ecocha for the Alien as long as it's Social Smoke, Al Fakher, Nakhla (3 Titaniums), Starbuzz (back to 2 titaniums), and Mazaya.  All of those setups I can get 2 session out of, 3 with Nakhla/Tangiers.

I like my standard egy bowls, too, because they are so shallow, that alone saves shisha, and, I use them almost exactly the same way as the Alien.

I don't like vortex bowls.  Primarily because they are all like porcelain.  Gimme gritty heavy duty clay at a good price, not something I break because im an ogre.

I love my harmony. 5x Titaniums/EcoCha, 3-5 people smokin' this'll get me 2 sessions.  

(pardon me, these snicker doodle chex mix muddy buddies are delicious little diabetic suicides nomnomnom)

So, that is my opinions, not that they are worth much more than speculation.  But, that's why I love this forum, a bunch of neutral opinions, no aggressions, just try it all out man (a unisex reference, no offense, just the way I talk... think 'big lebowski' cuz, well, yeah)

Side note:  I have 3x vortex bowls.  2x are big black ones (not goliaths) from Sahara Smoke, and both used exactly once.  I also have one Khanjar blue vortex bowl used exactly not even once.  Who wants to trade me for their Alien?  My 3x vortex's that I'll never use for your used Alien?  We both pay our own shipping, and you can have the bowls I have zero luck with.  I've had 7 vortex bowls now... notice only 3x remain.... lolz smoke on everyone

i gotta throw in my two cents, because my Irish buddy has been asking this stuff to me more and more as he has more and more people over to his place.

Dudewheresmyhookah makes a great point, in that, you choose the bowl and the shisha according to the people smoking, the time you wanna spend, and any other variables that may be key.

I almost always smoke alone.  I know, call me pathetic or whatever, but the hookah scene is very underground here, because of a few laws passed 7 or 8 years ago making indoor smoking so hard.  I do know that there are still 4-5 stores that sell only one shisha of one of the top 10 companies, but all together, that means in 50 square miles I get 6 flavors of shisha to pay double price for   So I like hookah-shisha.. but anyway, back on point.

My lonely smokin' ways lead me down the Alien path a lot.  Since I do a lot of computer work when I'm smokin' alone at home, I tend to use my lotus for most bowls.  I like 2 Titaniums/Ecocha for the Alien as long as it's Social Smoke, Al Fakher, Nakhla (3 Titaniums), Starbuzz (back to 2 titaniums), and Mazaya.  All of those setups I can get 2 session out of, 3 with Nakhla/Tangiers.

I like my standard egy bowls, too, because they are so shallow, that alone saves shisha, and, I use them almost exactly the same way as the Alien.

I don't like vortex bowls.  Primarily because they are all like porcelain.  Gimme gritty heavy duty clay at a good price, not something I break because im an ogre.

I love my harmony. 5x Titaniums/EcoCha, 3-5 people smokin' this'll get me 2 sessions.  

(pardon me, these snicker doodle chex mix muddy buddies are delicious little diabetic suicides nomnomnom)

So, that is my opinions, not that they are worth much more than speculation.  But, that's why I love this forum, a bunch of neutral opinions, no aggressions, just try it all out man (a unisex reference, no offense, just the way I talk... think 'big lebowski' cuz, well, yeah)

Side note:  I have 3x vortex bowls.  2x are big black ones (not goliaths) from Sahara Smoke, and both used exactly once.  I also have one Khanjar blue vortex bowl used exactly not even once.  Who wants to trade me for their Alien?  My 3x vortex's that I'll never use for your used Alien?  We both pay our own shipping, and you can have the bowls I have zero luck with.  I've had 7 vortex bowls now... notice only 3x remain.... lolz smoke on everyone

Well first of all, I love me some muddy buddy diabetus, but you'll put up to 5 coals on a harmony? I mean I put 4 on my shika oblivion but jeez xD, if I had one I'd try it, I don't have a lotus so when I ever use my alien I just use 3 coals and a wind cover when they get small, I get about an hour and a half that way personally, I'm also a big fan of my shallow Egyptians, i consider the oblivion bowl to basically be one of them, I think its as wide as a harmony or close to but only holds about 17-20 grams, I usually smoke by myself as well but I like longer sessions without the work, so I'll probably just try out some cube coals or something