Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moose527

Foil hole size

Question

16 answers to this question

My bowls are only lasting me around 30 minutes before it's completely dead I'm only using 2 coconaras on a vortex bowl

It's most likely the coals. Coco Nara isn't the same as it once was.

Dude is totally right, my last batch of Coco Naras were of poor quality compared to how they used to be. I recommend Ecoca

The only real important thing about hole poking IMO is trying to get that sweet spot of air flow, I use a fumari poker because it's what I have an its convenient so I usually poke 4 rings all the holes somewhat close together and widen the holes a tad as I go, but it doesn't really matter, its mostly just about how much air actually goes through the bowl and you can get the same result with different methods, like you'll see some guys not use many holes in a phunnel but like poking a few over the spire, when you'll basically get the same result putting those holes somewhere else. As long as you use good heat management and aren't packing stuff rim high that can't be it really won't matter. Also ecochas are good but I haven't seen cocourth on sites I visit, my go to are titanium's even if they had some finicky batches lately, most coconut coals work pretty similarly I find.

Oh yeah, I use two sheets of regular Reynolds wrap or generic foil, I don't think it matters either but it let's me pull the foil tighter without tearing it

Dude is totally right, my last batch of Coco Naras were of poor quality compared to how they used to be. I recommend Ecoca

I haven't seen any of those around I've always been skeptical of other coals every time I've switched to a new coal they seem to always go out no matter how long I leave them on the stove

Anything but coco Nara. My favorite is titanium and cocourth.

I've seen those around but never thought to give them a try but I'll grab a box later with some white gummy bear fumari!

Oh yeah, I use two sheets of regular Reynolds wrap or generic foil, I don't think it matters either but it let's me pull the foil tighter without tearing it

I was always a believer that foils makes a difference I usually only use one sheet of regular duty and make four rings with a toothpick but ima try two sheets later today

I use just a thumb tact, I use to use a knife that I would upside down when I first started. Also I have use a tooth pick.

Man, what happen to coco naras, they use to be at the top, now all I hear is how they have fallen.

I use just a thumb tact, I use to use a knife that I would upside down when I first started. Also I have use a tooth pick. Man, what happen to coco naras, they use to be at the top, now all I hear is how they have fallen.

My guess is over producing with no quality control.

It is most likely their quality control. Or they switched to lower quality materials. Either way they should know better.

@moose527

Don't be skeptical of unknown brands, especially in the hookah world. If I have learned anything from this forum it is that there are hidden gems and you just need to be willing to try something new

It is most likely their quality control. Or they switched to lower quality materials. Either way they should know better.

@moose527

Don't be skeptical of unknown brands, especially in the hookah world. If I have learned anything from this forum it is that there are hidden gems and you just need to be willing to try something new

I'm a creature of habit lol ,but I'm going to try the titanium coils tomorrow.

I finally found my lotus so ima give it a go with the new coals and see what happens.