Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jazzyfresh

Brands...

Question

Ok so ever since I've been smoking I've always used starbuzz tobacco and 3 kings coals I really wanna start to branch out seems how I've smoked probably 90% of the products starbuzz has made do you guys have any suggestions what do u smoke and what not

9 answers to this question

I'd recommend some tangiers horchata my all time favorite shisha I went through 250g in one night Lol I've tried Starbuzz and the only one I really like was blue mist

Ok so ever since I've been smoking I've always used starbuzz tobacco and 3 kings coals I really wanna start to branch out seems how I've smoked probably 90% of the products starbuzz has made do you guys have any suggestions what do u smoke and what not

Don't get tangiers yet, even the washed line has an insane amount of nicotine compared to starbuzz which has absolutely zero.

I highly advise buying a burner so you can stop smoking quicklight charcoal. It's horrible for you. It's made out of compressed wood and then a combustible material similar to what matches are made with to light covers the coal. You are essentially using a match to smoke your hookah. They also add a taste to your hookah and won't give you big clouds nor the true flavor of what you're smoking.

In terms of beginner brands I'd suggest social smoke, fumari, al fakher, and haze. Most starbuzz flavors to me taste like soap and are not enjoyable. With these other brands that doesn't happen. At least not on every single flavor like starbuzz tends to do.

Ok cool so do you guys have a brand of coals which are good??? At the shop I normally go they have an assortment of them just never really wanted to branch out till now really

Ok cool so do you guys have a brand of coals which are good??? At the shop I normally go they have an assortment of them just never really wanted to branch out till now really

anything that is coconut will be so much better than any piece of 3kings ever in existence lol

you will need a burner to light them you can not use a lighter or torch.

My favorites are cocourth and titanium.

The best coals I have used are Titaniums from HJ. Usually get 2 kilos of them for $20 bucks online. I have gotten a sample of Chronic Coals as well, and they were pretty good. Steer clear of CocoNara coals at the moment, they have dropped so low in quality I would rather use a quick light than them. 

As for the shisha I would both encourage Tangiers and also echo the warning. Tangiers is not a very friendly brand to new comers in how it is to be handled. Noir requires large amounts of acclimation time to really pull up the flavor, less you like smoking soy sauce, plus you need to dense pack it and hit it with just the right amount of heat or else you blow the bowl. I would say if you want to venture into Tangiers go for birquq and a nice phunnel style bowl (you can use a cheap bowl, but spring for a much better bowl like a harmony or alien). 

Outside the Tangiers realm I would say Haze and AF are my top smokes. Haze eats heat like no other, and AF is just too good to pass up. Both give great clouds and really strong flavors.

Now if you want to be a bit more adventurous and you want to get kicked by nicotine Nakhla is for you. The grand daddy of shisha, I have smoked the original and it will knock you down with its strength (no clouds, very little flavor, just in your face nicotine rush and the bowl lasts about 10 minutes with the coal sitting in it). Personal recommendations if you do get some Nak would be naturally Double Apple and Banana.

Now on to Starbuzz. I find Starbuzz to be alright. For its price (usually about 16-18 bucks for 250g) it severely falls behind the previously mentioned AF (10-13 for 250g) and Haze (16-18 for 250g). There are some good flavors out of Starbuzz like mixing Code 69 and Pirates Cove, but in general their flavor line and strength just can not compete.

As for the other brands (Social, etc) I have never tried them, but they all look rather good on reviews. Good luck man, and happy experimenting.

pennies from galleries of peanuts:

Mazaya - I like their four seasons, strawberry, and oranges and cream

Romman - can't say enough good about the banana split flavor, but another great choice

Tangiers- carefully read above posted info!! and if you get to it, just pick a flavor of thiers that sounds good, as most of them are pretty accurate flavor-wise.

Coals - I say Titaniums (flats or cubes) and Ecocha and Coconara, in that order (my favorites)

go forth and smoke friend, and relay to us your experiences!  Welcome!

Al Fakher and Nakhla are good to mess around with because they're good and they're cheaper, doesn't make you feel like you lost much if you get something you didn't like. With Al Fakher you can't really go wrong with the regular mint or any of the mint mixes, like orange mint lemon mint etc. They have some bad flavors IMO but that's a good starting point for that brand, like mentioned with nakhla you can't go wrong with double apple, I don't think nakhla flavors are weak though I think they're on the heavier side of medium. A lot of people say anything nakhla mizo or nakhla ice is good so go nuts lol. Coals aren't a big deal as long as they're coconut IMO. Some aren't as good as others but yeah. Someone mentioned fumari and that's probably your best bet along with haze if you're just getting off starbuzz since they share a lot of the same characteristics just kind of better. Honestly I liked jasmine from fumari but people like red gummy bear, white gummy bear, ambrosia, blueberry muffin and spiced chai to name some off the top of my head

Al Fakher and Nakhla are good to mess around with because they're good and they're cheaper, doesn't make you feel like you lost much if you get something you didn't like. With Al Fakher you can't really go wrong with the regular mint or any of the mint mixes, like orange mint lemon mint etc. They have some bad flavors IMO but that's a good starting point for that brand, like mentioned with nakhla you can't go wrong with double apple, I don't think nakhla flavors are weak though I think they're on the heavier side of medium. A lot of people say anything nakhla mizo or nakhla ice is good so go nuts lol. Coals aren't a big deal as long as they're coconut IMO. Some aren't as good as others but yeah. Someone mentioned fumari and that's probably your best bet along with haze if you're just getting off starbuzz since they share a lot of the same characteristics just kind of better. Honestly I liked jasmine from fumari but people like red gummy bear, white gummy bear, ambrosia, blueberry muffin and spiced chai to name some off the top of my head

All of this. And I should have clarified the nak statement from my last post. Local lounge near me the guy had a box of what nak use to be, which was basically just honey and tobacco and no other flavoring. That stuff was strong. Regular nak you can buy online or from stores has terrific cloud output and their flavor only intensifies the more heat you push on the bowl.

I'd recommend some tangiers horchata my all time favorite shisha I went through 250g in one night Lol I've tried Starbuzz and the only one I really like was blue mist

There are some great stuff from Tangiers, but, it can be hard to lean how to smoke it. Look up videos, and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions, also better coals matter a lot.