Sign in to follow this  
DudeWhere'sMyHookah

Alchemist Tobacco: Peppermint Mocha

Hello there everybody, this is DudeWhere'sMyHookah bringing you a very special unreleased tobacco review on the brand: Alchemist. The flavor I'm reviewing first is called Peppermint Mocha

I assume many of you haven't heard of this tobacco as it is still unreleased as of October of 2015. I was lucky enough to get my hands on two of their samples and so far I'm liking what I see.

To start off with, what makes this tobacco different from the other masses of brands out on the market today? Well, this one is aged similar to how bourbon and whisky are aged, in oak barrels. I believe their aging time is 60 days which is something found common alcohol production. As far as innovation goes these guys are pushing the limits of flavored tobacco production. Like alcohol again, they will offer a higher nicotine line to be called "Stout" which I am very excited for as well.

The cut, texture, and color are as follows:

A very small cut with some medium leaves similar to what social smoke does. There is a fair amount of stems which I would like to see removed but they don't do anything to detriment the flavor. This is a "beta" stage test so I'm sure the formula will be tweaked a bit before the launch.

The tobacco is a very vibrant honey type of color and un-dyed. I love when brands stick to leaving the dyes for fruity drinks and desserts, you can really enjoy the tobacco in it's purist form this way.

The texture of the leaves is not anything to nit pick at. You will get sticky fingers while packing as it is saturated in loads of juice but you won't get that grainy sugar feel like fumari does.

This particular flavor is very nice, it reminds me of walking into a small coffee shop and leaves you anticipating the first hit as you pack it. Peppermint invades your sinuses and the mocha adds a subtle yet smooth chocolate-y type of note on your tongue. This is a Very enjoyable smoke. In regards to flavor strength I give this a 8 out of 10. It could be stronger in terms of mocha but the peppermint is definitely on point. You get the smooth cooling on your throat and the mocha turns into a chocolate upon smoking it. I say this is more of a mint chocolate than a peppermint mocha but it is different than any other brand's chocolate ice or mint chocolate.

I believe this is a tobamel (a tobacco based with a honey binder instead of a traditional molasses). As with most tobamels you can pack it a bit more dense as it takes heat remarkably well. There is a ton of glycerin and flavoring so a phunnel style bowl would suit you best, but for you traditional guys out there a standard Egyptian bowl will surely suffice. This will easily last you two rounds of coals due to the glycerin content and how strong the peppermint aspect is.

In conclusion I am very excited to see this brand develop and grow as the months and year come to a close. This is a perfect fall flavor or even a great "breakfast bowl" as many enthusiasts will say! I give this a 9 out of 10. Grab some next month!

EQUIPMENT: Khalil Maamoon Kamanja single, Large Egyptian phunnel, Dream hose, 4 cocourth flats, and iced water in the vase

Edited by DudeWhere'sMyHookah
  • Like 2

I know HJ is going to be stocking it when it's released. Not sure who else. But I'm looking forward to this tobacco as well. I like the idea of aging the tobacco similarly to alcohol. DudeWhere'sMyHookah, have you noticed any special tobacco notes, due to the aging procrss, that separates it from other high nicotine brands like Nak and Tangiers?

• Like 2

I know HJ is going to be stocking it when it's released. Not sure who else. But I'm looking forward to this tobacco as well. I like the idea of aging the tobacco similarly to alcohol. DudeWhere'sMyHookah, have you noticed any special tobacco notes, due to the aging procrss, that separates it from other high nicotine brands like Nak and Tangiers?

not too much. I was really searching for a note of smoke or richness but couldn't find any. Maybe in the stout formula it'll be more pronounced.

Where will This be sold from. I'm very interested.

hookahjohn is the exclusive retailer right now for next month. Maybe in the future it'll go to HS and 5star

• Like 1

Finally got around to getting a video on the subject. Short and sweet review:

About freaking time man! Just kidding.

• Like 1