Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DudeWhere'sMyHookah

Alchemist Tobacco: Polar Bear

Hello once again, this is Rob aka DudeWhere'sMyHookah and I'm here to give you another review on the unreleased brand Alchemist, the flavor being Polar Bear

This my second and final sample that I received from the gracious people creating this stand out tobamel. I can now say that this brand as a whole will wow you and quickly find a place in your hookah stash. My first impressions of Polar Bear are as follows:

The smell protruding out from this sample pack is amazing. I can't stress that enough. It is very similar to a blueberry sherbet with a slight note of a frozen strawberry. You do get a cooling note which accounts for the "polar" part of the name. It's definitely not a mint type of smell but more like a ice cream in the sense that it is creamy and cool. The smell alone will get you in the mood to smoke.

This is an un-dyed and washed form of tobacco as it is in their standard line of tobacco not the stout line that they will be releasing very soon. Same with peppermint mocha, this tobacco contains a fair amount of stems, tons of juice, and a honey binder as opposed to a traditional molasses binder. It's your typical kind of modern shisha, but is treated far different during the production phase as it is aged in oak barrels. It is definitely a "boutique" kind of tobacco that I can many users claiming as their new favorite.

On to the taste....

The smell translates verbatim into the smoke giving you that ice cream type of texture. I can't quite pin point what type of berry is used but I am still leaning towards an artificial blueberry and a frozen strawberry, not a fresh one. You get a very nice throat cooling and on the inhale; you will be right there in the artic next to a polar bear when smoking! It's not the strongest mint type of cooling but it is very pronounced. As for the berry flavoring it could be stronger though I feel that the berry would distract from the cooling if it was stronger and as it sits cooking in my bowl right now I wouldn't change a thing personally.

I can see this being a winner in a party atmosphere as well as a solo smoke in the summer. It really reminds me of being in baskin robbins as a kid looking at the masses of flavors with the cream notes filling up the room. This is a phenomenal, long lasting smoke that can easily take two possibly even three rounds of coals depending on your bowl type and how dense you pack it. I am sad to say I only have a bowls worth left.

All and all this tobacco has gone far beyond my initial first impressions and will be in my stash as often as possible. The standard line is something the seasoned enthusiast as well as the beginners will enjoy. I rate this flavor a 9 out of 10, I'd like a little more cream note to it for that perfect score but it is just fine and dandy how it is currently.

EQUIPMENT: Khalil Maamoon Kamanja single, Egyptian bowl, Kaloud lotus, 2 cocourth cubes, 1 cocourth flat, Dream hose, and iced water in the vase.

12 minutes ago, hookahmatt said:

I really really want to try these tobacco it sounds so unique and different and it just sounds like it would be so enjoyable great review

anything in their standard line is a winner. I'm trying out stout and getting mixed results which is why I haven't reviewed them. Just did majestic melon if you want to check that one out. Video review will be posted in a bit.

Polar bear is my number two spot, peppermint mocha is top. I don't think anything will beat it lol

12 minutes ago, hookahmatt said: I really really want to try these tobacco it sounds so unique and different and it just sounds like it would be so enjoyable great review

anything in their standard line is a winner. I'm trying out stout and getting mixed results which is why I haven't reviewed them. Just did majestic melon if you want to check that one out. Video review will be posted in a bit.

Polar bear is my number two spot, peppermint mocha is top. I don't think anything will beat it lol

What's your youtube account

6 minutes ago, hookahmatt said:

What's your youtube account

no one can find it yet since there is no content. I'm doing my first video in an hour or two once this bowl is done. I'll post a link of course.

Just now, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

no one can find it yet since there is no content. I'm doing my first video in an hour or two once this bowl is done. I'll post a link of course.

awesome cant wait to see it, i will have some shisha reviews up soon as well. we should try to tag team a review some time.

10 minutes ago, hookahmatt said:

awesome cant wait to see it, i will have some shisha reviews up soon as well. we should try to tag team a review some time.

I'm down once I get things going. Still very new at youtube haha noob is an understatement

2 minutes ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

I'm down once I get things going. Still very new at youtube haha noob is an understatement

I have done a few videos, if you ever need any help let me know, i would be happy to do anything i can.

6 minutes ago, hookahmatt said:

I have done a few videos, if you ever need any help let me know, i would be happy to do anything i can.

thanks man, i'll ask you if I have any trouble uploading or what have you.