Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint Head

Longer lasting coals?

Question

I typically use titanium flats, do cube coals have a significantly longer burn time or anything? I'm lazy and don't like lighting a second round of coals so I just want that extra long first round, plus I wanna stock up on coal and might go for some of the bulk deals they have around, is there any difference between like, titanium cubes or mazaya cubes and all them or does it not matter which ones I go with?

7 answers to this question

Cubes do have a longer burn time, in my testing roughly a little under an extra hour. I haven't used titanium cubes but the mazaya cubes were great when I had them. I highly recommended trying them

Cubes do have a longer burn time, in my testing roughly a little under an extra hour. I haven't used titanium cubes but the mazaya cubes were great when I had them. I highly recommended trying them

So basically at least an hour an a half without a wind cover at the end? I can sometimes push my coal to an hour and a half with a wind cover so that sounds really good. I think titanium's are a bit bigger but I'm not sure, I know a lot of people like their mazayas though.

How long do you guys leave your coals on the coil? Is it normal the part touching the foil to turn black after about 5 or 10 minutes on the bowl? I've been having this problem alot lately or maybe I just now noticed it been smoking hookah for a little over 2 years and i just now seems to have noticed this lol

I've timed my coals and they need 8 minutes to get fully started, with me flipping them at the five minute mark. It's normal for the bottoms to go out, only be concerned when the entire coal starts to go out

Coals usually black out a bit on the bottom but it never has been an issue, I can leave them in one place the whole session and not have issues, and that's really not bad time on a stove, I use a gas stove since my coil burner went out on me several months ago, I was worried it would take like 15 minutes or something