Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mint Head

What kind of bowl should I get for longer sessions especially with Tangier's?

Question

25 answers to this question

Anything made out of good clay and around 3 inches in diameter will be good. I liked the harmony for tangiers but didn't love it. I bet the medium is huge I've seen the large abs it is crazy big, at least 100 grams. Small holds about 20 large is 100+ the medium has to be in the 50 to 75 range.

I have smoked both Noir and Birquq from an Alien Mini and my OG Symphony, both dense packed using a lotus with three titaniums (dropping to two as needed or losing the lid), or with regular foil and 4 halved titaniums. Those are just for some one person sessions. 

I have found, surprisingly, that a cheap Deezer phunnel packed properly with a lotus on top smokes just as well as any other expensive bowl. I was shocked that it could compete with the superior bowls.

I don't have a lotus and I'm not sure if I want to I vest in one anytime soon or not, its a bit pricey for what it is but would make life easier, not sure about it yet, I have the oblivion bowl which is the glazed version of the sandstorm, great bowl, but not what I'm looking for in terms of a longer session. How big is the OG symphony? And DUDE, the harmony was just alright for Tangier's? How much does the current small hold in comparison to a 80ft? The Tangier's medium was something I was thinking about getting, the older harmony looks better than the current one though

I don't have a lotus and I'm not sure if I want to I vest in one anytime soon or not, its a bit pricey for what it is but would make life easier, not sure about it yet, I have the oblivion bowl which is the glazed version of the sandstorm, great bowl, but not what I'm looking for in terms of a longer session. How big is the OG symphony? And DUDE, the harmony was just alright for Tangier's? How much does the current small hold in comparison to a 80ft? The Tangier's medium was something I was thinking about getting, the older harmony looks better than the current one though

Yeah it was just okay. It wasn't the best bowl for it because the walls are so thin.

The 80 feet and small hold about the same but the small is a touch bigger and has a better rounded bottom. The 80 feet just goes straight up and down.

Yeah it was just okay. It wasn't the best bowl for it because the walls are so thin.

The 80 feet and small hold about the same but the small is a touch bigger and has a better rounded bottom. The 80 feet just goes straight up and down.

Yeah the damn thing broke when I first got a harmony cuz the walls were so thin, and I was dumb, but I was disappointed when I got it thinking it wouldn't be able to handle heat very well

Might want to try a sandstorm bowl they hold good heat and Shisha

I have my eye on the sandstorm. How do you like it?

I have smoked both Noir and Birquq from an Alien Mini and my OG Symphony, both dense packed using a lotus with three titaniums (dropping to two as needed or losing the lid), or with regular foil and 4 halved titaniums. Those are just for some one person sessions. 

I have found, surprisingly, that a cheap Deezer phunnel packed properly with a lotus on top smokes just as well as any other expensive bowl. I was shocked that it could compete with the superior bowls.

I second that. I get a long session from my cheap social smoke funnel. I haven't had tangiers yet, but I'm sure it will be great when I do try it.

I have my eye on the sandstorm. How do you like it?

I second that. I get a long session from my cheap social smoke funnel. I haven't had tangiers yet, but I'm sure it will be great when I do try it.

The sandstorm should be great, but only good for a sinks flavor since its unglazed, might as well make it a double apple bowl, I almost got one for nakhla double apple lol

Yeah the damn thing broke when I first got a harmony cuz the walls were so thin, and I was dumb, but I was disappointed when I got it thinking it wouldn't be able to handle heat very well

It's a great bowl but I'm not a big fan of it. I have mine away to my bro and we never use it. That being said my gf has hinted she will be getting me a Trimony bowl and I'm more than good with it. I love my rook og bowl and it's basically the same concept only this will be larger as I have a mini rook. Seen it in person and it holds a bit less than a true harmony which is why I don't have a harmony in the first place lol

I'm sure it is good, but I'd rather get something like the Tangier's medium if I had the choice I guess lol, Tangier's bowls just seem so good

I'm sure it is good, but I'd rather get something like the Tangier's medium if I had the choice I guess lol, Tangier's bowls just seem so good

My small is literally my favorite bowl I have ever owned. Next time I go to the tangiers lounge I'll see about getting a medium depending on how it looks. As of now my small gets me close to two hours with tangiers and a solid hour and 40 with a lotus and any other tobacco.

The OG Symphony is actually a rather shallow bowl when you look at it. I would estimate it can hold about 10 to maybe 15g of shisha and my sessions with a lotus have lasted upwards of 3 hours before I start to notice the flavor is dying out and/or I get tired of the flavor I am smoking. The main draw of it is that I don't have to use the toothpick method to prevent foil sag if I decide to foil it, just pull the foil drum tight and its good to go. 

Longest session I have had with tangiers in the OG with foil is about an hour and a half. About the same session lengths with many other shisha brands too that I smoke. Seems pretty spot on for a solo bowl, and the heat management is really forgiving (I have pushed three titanium cubes to the edges of the spire for many sessions and never once had an issue).

The OG Symphony is actually a rather shallow bowl when you look at it. I would estimate it can hold about 10 to maybe 15g of shisha and my sessions with a lotus have lasted upwards of 3 hours before I start to notice the flavor is dying out and/or I get tired of the flavor I am smoking. The main draw of it is that I don't have to use the toothpick method to prevent foil sag if I decide to foil it, just pull the foil drum tight and its good to go. 

Longest session I have had with tangiers in the OG with foil is about an hour and a half. About the same session lengths with many other shisha brands too that I smoke. Seems pretty spot on for a solo bowl, and the heat management is really forgiving (I have pushed three titanium cubes to the edges of the spire for many sessions and never once had an issue).

Well if that's the main draw for that bowl then I guess its not for me, I never had an issue with foil sag before, but what's crazy is that you said about how your session lasted three hours, no exaggeration? Lol was it Tangier's or what? Because that's just crazy, I get two and a half hours at most with normal tobacco from my 80ft and its all completely burnt out

I have dense packed Tangiers, Haze, AF, and Nak in the OG and dropped the lotus on it and have had long flavorful sessions. It may be a bit pricey but the lotus does wonders for bowls that can fit it. So yeah, about 3 hour sessions on one bowl with the lotus, about an hour and some change if I foil it (depending on how much heat I push on the bowl). I use to think people over exagerrated the effectiveness of the lotus with saying they had a single bowl go for 6-8 hours, I can see now they are not lying.

I have dense packed Tangiers, Haze, AF, and Nak in the OG and dropped the lotus on it and have had long flavorful sessions. It may be a bit pricey but the lotus does wonders for bowls that can fit it. So yeah, about 3 hour sessions on one bowl with the lotus, about an hour and some change if I foil it (depending on how much heat I push on the bowl). I use to think people over exagerrated the effectiveness of the lotus with saying they had a single bowl go for 6-8 hours, I can see now they are not lying.

Wow okay, maybe I don't need a new bowl at all, I'm really considering the lotus now. Does it fit the 80ft or shika? I think it fits the alien so I guess I should be okay

The sandstorm should be great, but only good for a sinks flavor since its unglazed, might as well make it a double apple bowl, I almost got one for nakhla double apple lol

I think I'll order one then. I smoke enough double Apple to have a dedicated bowl for it. :).

Well if that's the main draw for that bowl then I guess its not for me, I never had an issue with foil sag before, but what's crazy is that you said about how your session lasted three hours, no exaggeration? Lol was it Tangier's or what? Because that's just crazy, I get two and a half hours at most with normal tobacco from my 80ft and its all completely burnt out

That's not unusual to get that long of a session. I've gotten 4 hours from my social smoke funnel and just a wind cover. Usually by the fourth hour it looses its flavor so I don't push it that hard any more. However with the minzari crown I normally get 3 hours without pushing it or without loosing flavor, so I can see how the lotus can go for the long haul.

I think I'll order one then. I smoke enough double Apple to have a dedicated bowl for it. .

It should be great, its the easiest bowl for me to smoke nakhla out of since I have trouble with it. Well the oblivion bowl I mean but same thing, holds about 17-20 grams or listed as so, I can basically go through a 50 gram pack twice with some still left over. I love it a lot. And I thought the lotus was overhyped because hookahjohn got three hours off starbuzz with it and you see the tobacco almost completely burned through, but that's a harmony and I would assume it can go that long anyways

Yeah I thought the same thing about the lotus. I like the minzari better only because to me it makes sense, it's logical. Heat rises so it my mind it make sense sense that a minzari would work better than a lotus. However the lotus is also like a wind cover trapping in the heat in a concentrated space, so I see why it works.

I wonder how messy is the lotus compared to the minzari. Because of how the tray is and the way you can lower it or raise it, it really makes an ashy mess on the floor which I can live with because of how well it works.

Yeah I thought the same thing about the lotus. I like the minzari better only because to me it makes sense, it's logical. Heat rises so it my mind it make sense sense that a minzari would work better than a lotus. However the lotus is also like a wind cover trapping in the heat in a concentrated space, so I see why it works.

I wonder how messy is the lotus compared to the minzari. Because of how the tray is and the way you can lower it or raise it, it really makes an ashy mess on the floor which I can live with because of how well it works.

I agree with you there, I think that allowing the heat to rise naturally makes more sense but I don't like the idea of those and flip bowls since you have to dry out the wetter shishas more or else you'll get a nasty mess and I don't like how its all metal. It wouldn't be such a big deal if the price point wasn't so high honestly, for the price you could get a decent hookah. I think the lotus is a bit more practical and easier on the wallet, maybe I'll get one in a few weeks

Wow okay, maybe I don't need a new bowl at all, I'm really considering the lotus now. Does it fit the 80ft or shika? I think it fits the alien so I guess I should be okay

It kind of works with the 80 feet. I've personally only got it to work once really well but on YouTube those guys get it going amazing. Mine I've noticed isn't 100% flat ontop it is uneven quite a bit so I think that's why. I had to overpack the shit out of it for the one session that worked. But it's the first version of the 80 feet too the newer ones are probably level.

It kind of works with the 80 feet. I've personally only got it to work once really well but on YouTube those guys get it going amazing. Mine I've noticed isn't 100% flat ontop it is uneven quite a bit so I think that's why. I had to overpack the shit out of it for the one session that worked. But it's the first version of the 80 feet too the newer ones are probably level.

I only got mine a few months ago so it might work, I really wanna avoid the samsaris if I can

I only got mine a few months ago so it might work, I really wanna avoid the samsaris if I can

I am of the opinion that silicone is only good for phone cases and hoses. I hated my silicone egy. Burnt it within the first session. Highly advise against ever getting a samsaris or silly bowl lol see what I did there?

I am of the opinion that silicone is only good for phone cases and hoses. I hated my silicone egy. Burnt it within the first session. Highly advise against ever getting a samsaris or silly bowl lol see what I did there?

Nope x.x, I don't get it lmao, besides the fact that silicone is bad

I have used a minzari and I can say it all depends on the particular brand you are smoking. If it is juicy you need to really pat it off or risk the boiling juices dripping on the coals like crazy. I have a flip bowl and a lotus (flip I won on this forum) and I prefer the clean up and the ease of setup of the lotus more. I just simply boil my lotus after my sessions are done (scrape the bottom between bowls) and its all good. I have hard bad things happen with my flip, but when it worked it worked really well. 

On November 9, 2015 at 12:11:19 PM, Desroth said:

I have used a minzari and I can say it all depends on the particular brand you are smoking. If it is juicy you need to really pat it off or risk the boiling juices dripping on the coals like crazy. I have a flip bowl and a lotus (flip I won on this forum) and I prefer the clean up and the ease of setup of the lotus more. I just simply boil my lotus after my sessions are done (scrape the bottom between bowls) and its all good. I have hard bad things happen with my flip, but when it worked it worked really well. 

yeah I'm not a fan of patting dry the shisha so I can use the minzari so I only use it with drier tobacco. Although I finally did pat dry the tobacco I was going to smoke last week and used the minzari. It worked well, but I didn't like the taste. It might all be in my mind but I think patting the tobacco dry totally changes the actual flavor.