Hello once again this is DudeWhere'sMyHookah aka Rob bringing you one of the most smoked shishas in the entire world, this is a review on the legendary Nakhla Two Apples!

Nakhla is a brand that no doubt you have heard at least a whisper of during your time of enjoying hookah as they have stood the test of time since 1913. This is one of the oldest brands still in existence and is single handily responsible for flavored hookah tobacco as a whole. Before Nakhla released two apples in the 80's, hookah was flavored with bits of dried fruit, sticky molasses, and tobacco leaves. This form of tobacco is more commonly known as Naklia, see the resemblance?

Nakhla is a molassal meaning it is based with a molasses binder that is used as a sweetener to make the tobacco more enjoyable as opposed to a tombac or jurak. It is a fairly dry brand that focuses on traditional flavors like mint, strawberry, and apple. This brand is Egyptian in nature meaning it responds the best to Egyptian style heads or bowls known in modern hookah practice today. Many feel that it benefits from being packed dense and some will even over pack it till the point of the foil having a convex shape on top. I have done this before but usually I pack it dense in an Egyptian style head under the rim. In my experience there is no wrong way to pack it as it takes heat the absolute best out of any other brand I've ever tried.

This flavor has masses of die hard fans that only smoke it and nothing else. They will even go as far as having a hookah and unglazed bowl dedicated to preserving the flavor and making it stronger. I can see why so many people swear by it and enjoy it, I love it and find that when I crave it there is NO alternative. This flavor is said to be a mix of red apple, green apple, and anise or aniseed as some may know it. However when I smoke it the anise definitely over powers the apple flavors. Many will compare it to jagermeister alcohol and I get why they do. Paired with a jager on the rocks this smoke is perfect.

Upon opening your storage container that sweet anise note well invade your sinuses. Hints of apples will then accompany it and together it makes for a fantastic blend. It sort of reminds me of making an apple crisp dessert where I do add some anise from time to time in it. I love the smell but I've had parties and social gatherings where I will break it out and it is dismissed fairly quick for a sweeter flavor, no skin off my back though more for me to enjoy! It's definitely not for everyone but once you learn to enjoy it nothing can compare.

As for the taste you get that sweet black licorice note which is the anise, followed by a nice flavorful apple taste. About mid way through the session the anise will die down and you will get more apple. It is a fantastic smoke that produces great clouds despite having a very low glycerin content or any glycerin for that matter. It is also very cheap but don't let the price point discourage you from picking some up. A kilo runs roughly about 35 to 40 dollars and chances are the lounge you smoke at will have this on the menu as their two apple flavor.

All in all this is one of my favorite flavors. I don't smoke actual two apple from nakhla too often because I love their ice line apple far more than this but that is another review entirely. For mixology just about any fruit flavor or mint will compliment it. I love doing fumari island papaya the most with it but keep in mind since this is such a dark flavor any type of dark fruit shisha will benefit it such as al fakher watermelon or strawberry as well anything from nakhla as most are darker flavors.

I give this a score of 10 out of 10 as nothing can beat the craving for two apple beside nakhla two apple

EQUIPMENT: Khalil Maamoon Kamanja single, Fumari base, Alien bowl, Kaloud lotus, 3 cocobuzz coals, and a nuhose.

• Like 2

This is such a classic flavor and one of the very first ones that I ever got into and I wanted to experience what hookah is all about, with that said I will also say that it probably is not one of my favorite flavors, but I do enjoy it a lot and I would recommend anybody giving this a try after they kind of learned what hookah is all about. great review look forward to

• Like 2

I always get cravings for nakhla double apple when I don't have it, recently finally got a packing method down for me that I really enjoy for it so its been a regular smoke, unfortunately had to toss the last bit out since I got the can and it started getting that black residue you sometimes get but oh well, also funny you mention ice apple again because I just added it to my last order

• Like 2