Sign in to follow this  
DudeWhere'sMyHookah

Social Smoke: Artic Lemon

Greetings from the artic! This is DudeWhere'sMyHookah bringing you yet another review on the brand Social Smoke, this one is on Artic Lemon .

To start Social Smoke is a very popular brand that is based out of Texas. They use all natural ingredients and no chemical dyes whatsoever. Their tobacco itself is my favorite thing to look at hookah related as it is so natural and honey colored, it really pleases the eye. They also boast that no preservatives are present in their tobacco which is odd to me considering their products do not have expiration dates like most other companies. Putting that aside their tobacco is easily in the top 3 brands for me as nearly everything they make has been a great smoke. Personally I feel they do citrus best which is why I went ahead and picked up artic lemon to try out.

Artic lemon like the name states is very very cold and unforgiving like the artic itself. Upon opening the flavor you are greeted with a strong aroma of lemon candies and a minor bit of cooling. The lemon is very appealing to me as lemon heads are one of my favorite treats. As for the cooling you don't smell much of it. You just get little hints of it here and there and it is not a mint by any means to me, more like a menthol.

As for the taste, holy crap ladies and gentlemen. This flavor rivals the strongest mints on the market today whether you are a cane mint lover, mizo mint fiend, or a fml junkie, this one will be right up there contending for first in regards to cooling. Taking your first drags you might even have to back off of it as it is just so darn cold to the throat and lungs. I would not recommend this as a first mint flavor to anyone other than a seasoned mint enthusiast. The lemon doesn't even come through until the half hour mark so prepare yourself for absolute zero degree temperatures until then. Yes, pun intended. This is definitely a mix of mostly Social Smoke absolute zero with their lemon drop flavor and maybe a touch of their standard lemon flavor. If you like any of these flavors this should be on your list to try asap. Please note that the more heat on this flavor the more the menthol comes out.

Now I'm not really a menthol type of smoker. Back when I smoked cigarettes I did enjoy the occasional menthol but when it comes to hookah the more natural and candy the mint is the better. I do enjoy this flavor but I do a little bit of mental preparation before I just get right into it. As I said this flavor will be absolute degrees going into your lungs. I wish that the lemon drop flavor would come through more but as soon as the cooling aspect begins to fade it does become more pronounced. The lemon is never in your face which is a drawback for me but many say with most lemon with mint flavors they need more mint, this one will be the exception to that rule.

All in all this flavor is a great choice for the mint fiends out there. It could even be used as a novelty just to bring out with close friends and see who is man or woman enough to take the first half hour. For mixology obviously more lemon would be good, mojito, citrus mint, and cherry are top contenders as well. I see this as being a good choice for a hot summer day or even in winter time to compare to lemon candy canes.

I give this an 8 out of 10 merely because I'm not a menthol hookah person and I would like more lemon drop to be in it.

EQUIPMENT: Khalil Maamoon Kamanja, Fumari base, Tangiers small phunnel, Kaloud Louts, Dream hose with an acrylic tonic tip, 2 titanium cubes, and 1 cocobuzz flat

• Like 5

Great review DudeWhere'sMyHookah. Thanks for this and all the other thorough reviews :)

• Like 3

Great review DudeWhere'sMyHookah. Thanks for this and all the other thorough reviews

No problem Nima thanks for making the site and giving so much back to the community. More reviews to come today and tomorrow on some tangiers

• Like 2

Very stellar review, as I've posted on youtube.  Clear, concise, no B.S., a nice, honest review!  Social Smoke won my favor over with Mango Habanero, Voltage, and Mobster.  I add Mobster and Voltage to everything, cuz it goes with everything.  Can't get enough of those two...

• Like 2

Very stellar review, as I've posted on youtube.  Clear, concise, no B.S., a nice, honest review!  Social Smoke won my favor over with Mango Habanero, Voltage, and Mobster.  I add Mobster and Voltage to everything, cuz it goes with everything.  Can't get enough of those two...

Thanks for watching I really appreciate it!

Those ss flavors are some of my favorites as well, pick up mobster while you still can it'll be discontinued soon... :(

• Like 1

Thanks for watching I really appreciate it!

Those ss flavors are some of my favorites as well, pick up mobster while you still can it'll be discontinued soon...

Dude, just like the beanie is your trademark, I think you should say eggy in every single video you make. Lmao.

• Like 1

Thanks for watching I really appreciate it! Those ss flavors are some of my favorites as well, pick up mobster while you still can it'll be discontinued soon...

Dude, just like the beanie is your trademark, I think you should say eggy in every single video you make. Lmao.

I shall try

• Like 1

Why are they discontinuing flavors? Are they not selling well? And mobster is an energy drink flavor correct?

Yeah mobster is an energy drink. I'm not too sure I think it's out with the old in with the new since most of the ones being discontinued have revamps.

• Like 2