Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DudeWhere'sMyHookah

Molasse Royal: Raspberry

Hello all, this is Rob aka DudeWhere'sMyHookah bringing you a very special review on something I'm almost positive you haven't heard of. This is the brand Molasse Royal the flavor being raspberry.

Molasse Royal? Is that a dessert of high elegance? Or a regal form of sweetener for tea? No silly, it's a brand based out of Switzerland that specializes in high quality molasses based tobacco that is absolutely drenched in juices. This product comes in two sealed bags and a heavy duty plastic container similar to what medwakh does with othmani, something girlie, and nirvana. My 100gram package of raspberry during it's long month voyage to the states even somehow managed to leak juice through two sealed bags and the container, juicy is an understatement for this tobacco. From what I can gather from their website and a youtube search this tobacco has been around for about 3 years or so and has been dominating the swiss countryside ever since. I wish I could find more out on them but most of their site is not in English. I will say that gathered upon their name and the consistency of their tobacco it is based with molasses as opposed to honey and most likely features tobacco leaf that is of that particular region. This is an un-dyed tobacco and is very washed, I have not received any sort of buzz when smoking it.

I'm basing this review off of two bowls I have smoked as lack of availability in the states means I will be saving as much of this as possible to enjoy when the mood strikes. This smell is just fantastic. If you have ever smoked shisha fruits brand raspberry this is EXACTLY the same. You get a very natural raspberry smell that I thought I'd never find again unless I purchased more shisha fruits. I am basking in the aroma right now, I wish there were a candle form of this so my house would always smell this good.

On to the taste, it is easily the most natural and delicious flavored tobacco raspberry I have encountered and I have had nearly every brands raspberry flavor to compare it to. It isn't the strongest flavor I'd say it's about a 7 out of 10 but it is a damn fine smoke. It's similar to raspberry preserves and jam in certain aspects but mostly it is as natural as you can get. If raspberry is your thing, then this will be a top contender for your favorite.

This handles heat like an absolute champion, beast, or whatever noun you associate the most with being a winner. It is so saturated with juice that you can put whatever amount of heat you may want on it. What I like the most is although it is heavily saturated it is not grainy at all and the juice isn't so pronounced that you need to underpack it or use a spoon to get your money's worth of the full product. A fair portion of the juice will be absorbed by the leaf of this blend but there will still be quite a bit left over in your container.

All in all I rate this 10 out of 10. I never thought I'd find a raspberry as good as shisha fruits but alas my search is over. Mixed with any fruit or mint this will be great. I find that mixing it with nakhla raspberry is the best as I am a raspberry fiend.

EQUIPMENT: Khalil Maamoon Kamanja, Tangiers small, Kaloud Lotus, 2 titanium cubes, 1 cocobuzz flat, fumari base, and a dream hose

Another awesome review. Btw, I think you can use google translate to convert any website into English. Is not perfect but it works.

Another awesome review. Btw, I think you can use google translate to convert any website into English. Is not perfect but it works.

Yeah I could do that but I'm going to be sending them an email tomorrow so perhaps o can get more specs on the tobacco then