Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello all this Rob aka DudeWhere'sMyHookah giving you some more insight on the Swiss brand Molasse Royal the flavor being mojito.

Today I'm lucky enough to be sampling the second 100gram product of Molasse Royal and I'm just as impressed as I was yesterday on this brand. This particular flavor which I happened to store in the new al fakher packing tubs is literally swimming in it's own juice. I will say based on how juicy this brand is that you would be better off getting a separate container to store it in as the tubs they ship the product in can not withstand how much juice and tobacco you get in the 100gram selection. I am still shocked at how good the Swiss hookah heads are at making tobacco, it's flawless.

The flavor I'm smoking is mojito and in case you are new to alcoholic beverages or simply don't drink them I will give some background information on what a mojito is exactly. In it's most basic form a mojito consists of muddled mint leaves, fresh lime juice, a simple syrup made from sugar cane, white rum, and sparkling water which some may know as sparkling water or tonic. This is an odd flavor to be coming out of Switzerland as it is Cuban in origin but the mojito has definitely made it's mark on the drinking world and knows no particular boundaries much like how hookah tobacco transcends far from it's birthplace of India and Turkey.

On to the smell of this blend it is very similar to what a real mojito tastes like. You get the lime note first and although it may not be the most natural it is still a fairly accurate lime. Then you are greeted with the pleasant note of mint. Mojitos originated with spearmint but smelling this I get a more natural mint smell without the earthy notes that a true mint leaf has. This is good for me since that is the part of the mint leaf I dislike. Upon searching in the smell further I can pick up a minor spicy note which I would have to assume is the rum but I can't be too sure.

The taste is amazing. It is almost like drinking a mojito but without the pronounced rum note, I wish it were there but it is a great taste as it sits cooking in my bowl right now. Your first few hits will be a fair amount of the mint but the lime note does come through very quick and makes it a perfect blend. You don't have to search for the mint once the lime kicks in which is also a big positive in my book. I've had nearly every brands mojito flavor and so far I'm liking this one the most. I'd say Social Smoke has the most accurate one but it is not nearly as balanced as this one is. With most mojito flavors you will either get more mint or more lime and the taste is usually like a lime mint gum as they put way too much sweetener into the tobacco. This is NOT the case with Molasse Royal, it's a near perfect blend of sweet, to minty, to citrusy. Great job guys.

All in all I really really like this flavor. I wish that there were a stronger spicy rum note but hey I'm smoking a mojito not drinking one so I expected that before smoking anyway. For mixes I will say citrus mint will really set this flavor off, also passion fruit, mango, orange, or even raspberry will make this a winner among any hookah circle you are participating in. I give this a 9 out of 10, the blend is perfect but I do want that spicy note to come through, I'd smoke this religiously if it was. That being said I will smoke every last bit of this flavor I have.

EQUIPMENT: Khalil Maamoon Kamanja, Fumari Base, Dream hose, 2 titanium cubes, 1 cocobuzz flat, kaloud lotus, and some lime juice in the base diluted with water.

That's an awesome review dude. How did you get your hands on that tobacco??

That's an awesome review dude. How did you get your hands on that tobacco??

it was one of the prizes for international hookah day, I'm in process of hooking them up with 5star to get their tobacco in the us but we shall see how it pans out

Good luck with that dude and I hope they get to carry them. It would be awesome to try a new brand that good.