Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JustinBoBustin

Sahara Smoke Hookahs

Question

Hi, everyone! It's been a while. Haven't been smoking much recently, but have been thinking about upgrading to something bigger (and, better?). The Sahara Smoke Dicron caught my eye - really cool base, looks stable, and easy to clean. I like their stem design a lot as well - I never believe that the textured, rounded inside of my QT is ever actually clean. The Sahara stem design looks awesome as well.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1447881930.0820

My primary concern is that I have heard the "bottleneck" design of the base limits the buildup of smoke and reduces output. Big, puffy clouds are probably my top priority - [poorly executed] smoke tricks are what my friends and I live for, at least in terms of hookah. I also heard Sahara hookahs used to rust something fierce, but are solid stainless steel now. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks, hope everyone is doing well!

15 answers to this question

Hi, everyone! It's been a while. Haven't been smoking much recently, but have been thinking about upgrading to something bigger (and, better?). The Sahara Smoke Dicron caught my eye - really cool base, looks stable, and easy to clean. I like their stem design a lot as well - I never believe that the textured, rounded inside of my QT is ever actually clean. The Sahara stem design looks awesome as well.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1447881930.082043.jpg.5058202502af76bf71684682572a96b1.jpg

My primary concern is that I have heard the "bottleneck" design of the base limits the buildup of smoke and reduces output. Big, puffy clouds are probably my top priority - [poorly executed] smoke tricks are what my friends and I live for, at least in terms of hookah. I also heard Sahara hookahs used to rust something fierce, but are solid stainless steel now. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks, hope everyone is doing well!

It's a great hookah. Yeah the bottle neck can be slightly temperamental with clouds but I've never used their vases. I always used a fumari volcano style base on it. They don't rust now as long as you clean it. The downstem builds up calcium so eventually you have to buy a new one but at least you can mya doesn't let you.

It's a great hookah, my friend was the owner but I smoked it enough times to see how good it was. It was my first wide open hookah. Good times. I love my km though I'd say just get one of those for the price.

Any final comments on this before I make my decision? There does not seem to be a lot of detailed reviews of Sahara Smoke hookahs online, and I trust Hookah.org more than anywhere.

Dude, I have heard all good things about KMs, but if they are similar enough I would choose Sahara for portability and ease of cleaning.

Any final comments on this before I make my decision? There does not seem to be a lot of detailed reviews of Sahara Smoke hookahs online, and I trust Hookah.org more than anywhere.

Dude, I have heard all good things about KMs, but if they are similar enough I would choose Sahara for portability and ease of cleaning.

Nothing hits like a km. I promise you. Lol

You can get a km beast from hookahjohn which is small at 18 inches or so.

Modern chamber hookahs don't hit as good as traditional ones. You still get great sessions but they don't purge as well either.

Yeah like what's already been said, KM or a Shika will do you well. Egyptian pipes are generally also very durable. I do prefer the tighter draw of a Turkish or Syrian pipe (and they can be stunning aesthetically) but as long as it's not a cheap chinese hookah you can do no wrong. It just comes down to preference.

I got a chance to check out a few Saharas at a shop this evening - they seemed kinda cheaply made. The hose port was difficult to screw/unscrew, and the metal was so light it felt almost hollow. I heard the old ones were cheap and the newer ones are better made - could I have been looking at an old one?

Hmm, lots of points for KM... Might be the best choice, but I'm still leaning toward the Sahara for portability. I've been pretty happy with my MYA (although I wouldn't know the difference) - feels well-made, even though it's Chinese.

I got a chance to check out a few Saharas at a shop this evening - they seemed kinda cheaply made. The hose port was difficult to screw/unscrew, and the metal was so light it felt almost hollow. I heard the old ones were cheap and the newer ones are better made - could I have been looking at an old one?

Hmm, lots of points for KM... Might be the best choice, but I'm still leaning toward the Sahara for portability. I've been pretty happy with my MYA (although I wouldn't know the difference) - feels well-made, even though it's Chinese.

50 minutes ago, JustinBoBustin said:

that's how all Chinese ones are, light. They aren't even true stainless steel but steel alloy mixed with aluminum to cut costs. The sahara my buddy has still works and everything but there is a huge difference with quality pipes and pipes like mya and sahara.

That mya is going to shit hard one day, I promise you that. If you are a daily smoker like me that does at least 2 to 3 bowls a km is the best option otherwise you are going to buy another hookah from either the threads messing up, rust/calcium build up, or overall wanting a new hookah. I strongly advise against sahara for the price and I can't stress that enough.

Like I've mentioned the km beast line is small, easy to transport, and will last way longer than any Chinese pipe that the shop owner tries to swindle you with.

Here: http://hookahjohn.com/KM-Mini-Beasts_c80.htm

the link to hookahjohn with the same price range you are looking at. You say you're a cloud chaser and these will get you what you're looking for. It's time to step up not stay at the same step dude!

1 hour ago, JustinBoBustin said:

I think you will have to use the website to see this link, but i have a video review for two hookahs from Mya, out of all the Chinese hookahs, i would recommend them above all. plus i have a discount code.

7 minutes ago, hookahmatt said:

I think you will have to use the website to see this link, but i have a video review for two hookahs from Mya, out of all the Chinese hookahs, i would recommend them above all. plus i have a discount code.

I won't recommend any mya. lol they just don't last or work how a hookah should. All mass production hookahs seem to fade in quality sooner than later. It doesn't even purge since the design of the chamber is poor. I know that hookah isn't brass either, it could be super thin brass that's nickel plated but nickel will rust with daily use compared to steel and copper.