How I pack my tangiers!

Gonna watch this right now, I've been keeping up with the videos BTW but this is one I've really wanted to see you do lmao

• Like 1

Okay so, we definitely pack it in a similar way, personally I don't like using forks, (and I kept losing my oyster forks) but I do all the mixing and packing with my hand I just find it to be a lost easier and faster, the only huge differences are that I pack my Tangier's a lot quicker, like you said 2 minutes where as I do it in like 30 seconds, not trying to make it a race I just thought that was kind of interesting, but the biggest difference is that I use a tad bit less tobacco then that when I'm going with foil, or at least it might seem that way since I use the Tangier's small and that bowl is tiny, I do the same thing you do with the fork where you just gently gently ease it in, except I use my thumb. But with the lotus, one thing I really like to do lately is do almost the same thing with nakhla but not as much tobacco, I do and over pack which looks just like that, but I don't take it under the rim, I take it straight to the rim and make full contact with my lotus, well, its small contact but when the tobacco expands its makes full contact and will sear to the lotus, I think you should try that out sometime with the Egyptian I found it to run extremely good, its so smooth and just full clouds and full flavor, probably the best results with Tangier's, but it does lower the smoke time a bit, when I use my big Egyptian clay bowl I can't really get it to go a complete three rounds of coal, its more like 2 and a half, and the coals will be half done by the end will no smoke production, but its still a really good method you should try out sometime. But yeah I'm glad you finally decided to make this video, as for me its a bit late since I've been able to get Tangier's smoking just fine but I'm glad you put this out there, hopefully more people see this, matt has another video where he packs Tangier's very much in this way in his small egpyrisn except he doesn't clear the center hole like I do and I'm super glad he did that as well, seems like people on this forum really know their stuff

• Like 1

Okay so, we definitely pack it in a similar way, personally I don't like using forks, (and I kept losing my oyster forks) but I do all the mixing and packing with my hand I just find it to be a lost easier and faster, the only huge differences are that I pack my Tangier's a lot quicker, like you said 2 minutes where as I do it in like 30 seconds, not trying to make it a race I just thought that was kind of interesting, but the biggest difference is that I use a tad bit less tobacco then that when I'm going with foil, or at least it might seem that way since I use the Tangier's small and that bowl is tiny, I do the same thing you do with the fork where you just gently gently ease it in, except I use my thumb. But with the lotus, one thing I really like to do lately is do almost the same thing with nakhla but not as much tobacco, I do and over pack which looks just like that, but I don't take it under the rim, I take it straight to the rim and make full contact with my lotus, well, its small contact but when the tobacco expands its makes full contact and will sear to the lotus, I think you should try that out sometime with the Egyptian I found it to run extremely good, its so smooth and just full clouds and full flavor, probably the best results with Tangier's, but it does lower the smoke time a bit, when I use my big Egyptian clay bowl I can't really get it to go a complete three rounds of coal, its more like 2 and a half, and the coals will be half done by the end will no smoke production, but its still a really good method you should try out sometime. But yeah I'm glad you finally decided to make this video, as for me its a bit late since I've been able to get Tangier's smoking just fine but I'm glad you put this out there, hopefully more people see this, matt has another video where he packs Tangier's very much in this way in his small egpyrisn except he doesn't clear the center hole like I do and I'm super glad he did that as well, seems like people on this forum really know their stuff

I've always been really skeptical of using an Egyptian with it but you and Matt both have these great results so fuck it I'll try it. I have plenty to spare.

30 seconds is super quick! I'm ocd and make sure I have it totally uniform but it's nice to see someone else not over thinking the process. As for the fork I've always done it and can't imagine doing it without one since its been nearly 5 years strong as my go to method.

Hookah is completely subjective we don't have to do it all the same which is why I wanted to throw this video out there too since so many people overthink and ruin the pack. I just hope it can reach a good audience and provide so more insight into working with this shisha. It's not rocket science after all as close as aerospace grade steel and aluminum geared companies like starbuzz and Prometheus want to make it out to be!

• Like 1

I think the lotus and Egyptian with Tangier's is better than the lotus with an alien, but that's just me, it was a cool experiment that went way better than expected even on the first go, but I can't get it to work by doing that method on smokeorpass, where to me it looks like its a sprinkle under pack, I tried it a few times and it never worked for me but eh, one funny thing is like, I'm not sure what bowl you used in that video but you said its a 3 hour bowl with Tangier's, I just find it really funny when I see people make these videos with bowls like a harmony or whatever and say "yeah this will smoke a good hour, hour and a half" which sounds like a lot of wasted tobacco to me, considering how much is put in there, and I've had plenty of experiences of sealed off the top layers and having an unexposed bottom layer that will not smoke unless you take it out. Idk, it just sounds crazy to me.

I think the lotus and Egyptian with Tangier's is better than the lotus with an alien, but that's just me, it was a cool experiment that went way better than expected even on the first go, but I can't get it to work by doing that method on smokeorpass, where to me it looks like its a sprinkle under pack, I tried it a few times and it never worked for me but eh, one funny thing is like, I'm not sure what bowl you used in that video but you said its a 3 hour bowl with Tangier's, I just find it really funny when I see people make these videos with bowls like a harmony or whatever and say "yeah this will smoke a good hour, hour and a half" which sounds like a lot of wasted tobacco to me, considering how much is put in there, and I've had plenty of experiences of sealed off the top layers and having an unexposed bottom layer that will not smoke unless you take it out. Idk, it just sounds crazy to me.

Oh that bowl is my Trimony. Love it for the extra airflow but with the really juicy stuff it's not entirely the best. Tangiers and nakhla just excel in it. Like you said with the bottom layers not being exposed enough this bowl can give you a little bit of wiggle room, not much but enough to start showing you the way with Tangiers and semi dense packing.

What's tomorrow? It's Friday! That's right, time for a flashback Friday video!

• Like 1

What's tomorrow? It's Friday! That's right, time for a flashback Friday video!

Yup! I'll have it up some time tomorrow night since editing always takes really long given my laptop is from 2011...

• Like 1

flashback Fridays - two apples just for you Mint head!

I think at some points I'd fall into the biweekly basis of buying kilos of double apple, I'd buy the kilo pack itself but I'd really have to find a place that I can be sure it would be fresh, don't want that 5star thing to happen again lmao, I've heard from others before that sometimes the flavor is inconsistent, I don't notice it too much myself but when I do I find it to do more good than harm, man it looks like you got some serious smoke volume from it as well, I can only get that level when I use the lotus. But like you said when smoking it that way the anise comes out so strong, but I love it, and since you mentioned buzz, the first time I smoked nakhla was mint, I had a really good session and smoked it for about an hour, I liked it so much at that point I kept huffing at it like a maniac and because of it I ended up pretty sick from the nicotine and laid in bed for a couple hours wanting to throw up, that was a rough first experience lmao

flashback Fridays - two apples just for you Mint head!

I think at some points I'd fall into the biweekly basis of buying kilos of double apple, I'd buy the kilo pack itself but I'd really have to find a place that I can be sure it would be fresh, don't want that 5star thing to happen again lmao, I've heard from others before that sometimes the flavor is inconsistent, I don't notice it too much myself but when I do I find it to do more good than harm, man it looks like you got some serious smoke volume from it as well, I can only get that level when I use the lotus. But like you said when smoking it that way the anise comes out so strong, but I love it, and since you mentioned buzz, the first time I smoked nakhla was mint, I had a really good session and smoked it for about an hour, I liked it so much at that point I kept huffing at it like a maniac and because of it I ended up pretty sick from the nicotine and laid in bed for a couple hours wanting to throw up, that was a rough first experience lmao

• Like 1

I'd love it if sites would list their expiration dates or even purchasing date so you know what's fresh. Nakhla is the worst when trying to find it nee which is why I'm leaning on these new boxes for at least a couple years.

This one had a ton of red apple where my last one didn't. It's not bad it's always a pleasant surprise seeing what Apple is coming through more. Who knows I could pack it lightly and get a good variance of both.

Oh I know the clouds were kicking pretty well for da. This one is borderline dry too and still will produce good plumes for an hour then it drops never to return hahaha. I've come to expect this with da of course though. The Mizo and ice line flavors were always really good about cloud production though.

ALSO GOOD NEWS I saw a Russian Instagram account showing more of the Nakhla new boxes and watermelon ice is already out.... That means ice apple is coming back!!!!

• Like 3

anahi gypsy review! Quite possibly my new favorite glass hookah

Saw it. Liked it. Loved it.

• Like 1

Top 5 mints of all time as 2016 goes at least!

I'm with you on being more into fresh mint/peppermint type mints over heavy menthol types, even social smoke mint was a bit heavy on the menthol versus flavor side of things for me, that FML red leaf you guys mentioned sounds really interesting though, I never tried FML and really don't want to, but it sounds like it might be something in line with cane mint which is kind of the best of both worlds. When I had cane mint in burley that was a real treat, really good version of cane mint I liked it a lot. Its funny how your friend mentioned that "if you call yourself a mint smoker" my name here is mint head and I'm almost always smoking smoking DA, but mint here and there, I'm scared to try that trifecta though, cane mint nearly killed me when I first started smoking that and I still go low on the heat with it

As for your watermelon review which I'm watching now, it reminds me of smoking my friend's mod hookah with him and quick lights, mod bowl and metal screen, except the flavor we always got and had first experiences with was sex on the beach

• Like 2

I'm with you on being more into fresh mint/peppermint type mints over heavy menthol types, even social smoke mint was a bit heavy on the menthol versus flavor side of things for me, that FML red leaf you guys mentioned sounds really interesting though, I never tried FML and really don't want to, but it sounds like it might be something in line with cane mint which is kind of the best of both worlds. When I had cane mint in burley that was a real treat, really good version of cane mint I liked it a lot. Its funny how your friend mentioned that "if you call yourself a mint smoker" my name here is mint head and I'm almost always smoking smoking DA, but mint here and there, I'm scared to try that trifecta though, cane mint nearly killed me when I first started smoking that and I still go low on the heat with it

As for your watermelon review which I'm watching now, it reminds me of smoking my friend's mod hookah with him and quick lights, mod bowl and metal screen, except the flavor we always got and had first experiences with was sex on the beach

There are very few menthol flavors I enjoy. Same with my friend. So instead of shit talking perfectly fine flavors just opted to not include them entirely.

Fml red is so good. It's not exactly like cane mint but it is one of the closest out there. Off camera when we started it up we both kept coughing lol it's certainly really cooling. Cane mint to this day still knocks me back but that trifecta one is the top. About an hour in its so enjoyable. But as you heard from us it's a beast that is not to be underestimated.

Smoking that watermelon is still a trip for me. It was one of the first ones we ever got going good. At the time we had cheap shit setups and used a screen with two quick lights. We finally had clouds and flavor. We thought we were experts afterwards.

I'm looking at grabbing two hookah-hookah flavors that were the first we ever smoked next. Key lime and Jamaican spiced rum. That'll be like smoking a gameboy color in a hookah bowl for me. Farthest throwback possible

• Like 2

There are very few menthol flavors I enjoy. Same with my friend. So instead of shit talking perfectly fine flavors just opted to not include them entirely.

Fml red is so good. It's not exactly like cane mint but it is one of the closest out there. Off camera when we started it up we both kept coughing lol it's certainly really cooling. Cane mint to this day still knocks me back but that trifecta one is the top. About an hour in its so enjoyable. But as you heard from us it's a beast that is not to be underestimated.

Smoking that watermelon is still a trip for me. It was one of the first ones we ever got going good. At the time we had cheap shit setups and used a screen with two quick lights. We finally had clouds and flavor. We thought we were experts afterwards.

I'm looking at grabbing two hookah-hookah flavors that were the first we ever smoked next. Key lime and Jamaican spiced rum. That'll be like smoking a gameboy color in a hookah bowl for me. Farthest throwback possible

If I were to do something like that, I'd have to smoke some fantasia flavors, but I can't bring myself to do that, I've had so many bad experiences and bad batches, and well, even when I first tried them I thought they tasted like nothing lol.

• Like 3

If I were to do something like that, I'd have to smoke some fantasia flavors, but I can't bring myself to do that, I've had so many bad experiences and bad batches, and well, even when I first tried them I thought they tasted like nothing lol.

That is still the worst brand I've ever tried. So artificial and chemical. I refuse to try any on my channel

• Like 2

That is still the worst brand I've ever tried. So artificial and chemical. I refuse to try any on my channel

They have poor quality control as well, when I used to get it once in awhile I'd get some batches where there'd be bunched up pieces of tobacco that are completely solid with no juice content inside, its not like when you get something expired, it's so weird. My friend likes to call them the gas station brand lmao, ace of spades was alright though

• Like 2

They have poor quality control as well, when I used to get it once in awhile I'd get some batches where there'd be bunched up pieces of tobacco that are completely solid with no juice content inside, its not like when you get something expired, it's so weird. My friend likes to call them the gas station brand lmao, ace of spades was alright though

A gas station brand is the perfect synopsis of them haha out of the 10 or so I tried all were disgustingly artificial. Piña colada was the only one I ever finished

• Like 1

Been lagging on updating this again (theres two other tangiers reviews and an al waha over on the channel). BUT I have a better editing program now and have really been trying to make my videos look more professional for lack of a better word. Let me know what you guys think!

Zahrah antiqueis bowl

• Like 2

Back on the reviews. I've been going back and forth to mexico recently and haven't had the time to do any. This weekend I'm going back for 3 weeks so they will be on hiatus during that time of course but once I'm back consider the thread to be flooded with new content I have so many ideas for October that I can't wait to do

anyway here is a review on lavoo dark blend well worth the money!

• Like 2