Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moose527

Hookah john flavor saver

Question

12 answers to this question

Has anyone ever tried this if so how is it worth it?

I see it on Instagram all the time. People do use it.

But I'd just get a Apple on top provost as use that on the foil as one. A lot more people like that better.

Both of those points aside get a lotus. I own two and maybe 1 out of 20 bowls I'll use foil. The only thing I don't use foil on is tangiers.

But I'd just get a Apple on top provost as use that on the foil as one. A lot more people like that better.

Both of those points aside get a lotus. I own two and maybe 1 out of 20 bowls I'll use foil. The only thing I don't use foil on is tangiers.

I have a lotus but thought this would be a bit convenient

I agree with Dude, my lotus sees a lot more use than foil because it's just so easy to use. I have the flavor saver and my main gripe about it is that you go through coals like Pam goes through coke (Archer season 5).

Second on buying a lotus, though I have my own homemade "flavor saver" and it is alright. As andchit has said you will easily need an extra coal above what you normally use to achieve your desired results with some brands. I used my saver for a while, and it was alright but my coals would always fall off due to how you place them on, the lotus is all around better. You could get an apple on top, but the bowl size is massive and better suited for longer sessions with multiple people.

Second on buying a lotus, though I have my own homemade "flavor saver" and it is alright. As andchit has said you will easily need an extra coal above what you normally use to achieve your desired results with some brands. I used my saver for a while, and it was alright but my coals would always fall off due to how you place them on, the lotus is all around better. You could get an apple on top, but the bowl size is massive and better suited for longer sessions with multiple people.

I just mean the provost heat device. People use it as a flavor saver now.

I have a lotus but thought this would be a bit convenient

Lol just use the lotus then. It's a fantastic product

I've never used it but the biggest complaint I hear is that you can't use a wind cover with it and it makes you go through more coals than usual. 

I use the Minzari crown and I'm super happy with it. 

I've never used it but the biggest complaint I hear is that you can't use a wind cover with it and it makes you go through more coals than usual. 

I use the Minzari crown and I'm super happy with it. 

Is that really true? I mean the cap for the lotus basically is a wind cover and I heard the hear from the lotus keeps the bowl going longer but you hear different things from different people

33 minutes ago, Mint Head said:

Is that really true? I mean the cap for the lotus basically is a wind cover and I heard the hear from the lotus keeps the bowl going longer but you hear different things from different people

I think dd was referring to the flavor saver not being able to be windcovered. Yes the lotus lid works well as a windcover, I use when I smoke with flat coals

33 minutes ago, Mint Head said:  

I think dd was referring to the flavor saver not being able to be windcovered. Yes the lotus lid works well as a windcover, I use when I smoke with flat coals

Ohhh okay, that makes more sense now lol. The flavor saver sounds kind of gimmicky I mean its supposed to keep you from scorching your tobacco but if you know what you're doing you never will. The only reason I want it is to try that thing John and George did in that video with the nakhla double apple no foil and flavor saver

23 minutes ago, Mint Head said:

Ohhh okay, that makes more sense now lol. The flavor saver sounds kind of gimmicky I mean its supposed to keep you from scorching your tobacco but if you know what you're doing you never will. The only reason I want it is to try that thing John and George did in that video with the nakhla double apple no foil and flavor saver

That was along the lines of how the old guys in the middle east still practice hookah. A brass screen is used and nothing else. In Egypt the guys will still make the bowl in a standard way but will overpack it until its like a cone on top and put charcoal directly on it similar to how tombac is smoked only their tobacco still has molasses. They burn it on purpose so the tobacco becomes the screen keep in mind they don't use high heat coals like we do though. I assume it's very gross for the first 20 minutes.

On November 24, 2015 at 8:42:03 PM, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

yes that's what I was referring to. :)