Sign in to follow this  

Hello there once again, this is DudeWheresMyHookah aka Rob bringing you a first look at the stout line of alchemist tobacco. The flavor in the spotlight being double apple.

What can I say about double apple that hasn't already been said? It's the world's first flavor of shisha tobacco and is easily the most smoked flavor out of any other available even today. Nakhla double apple was the stepping stone into this blend and many have been trying to recreate it since it's birth in the hookah world. It has been until this very moment that I thought I had seen and smoked every variation of it possible. I was very wrong.

Alchemist has done this flavor different than anything I have procured in the united states. There could be some mom and pop old world shop in the middle of Egypt that does it like alchemist but speaking on behalf of my tastebuds I do not want to venture forth on a double apple quest any longer as I have found my home here with this dark leaf tobacco. Perhaps that is the reason why this is so good to me. The dark leaf will give you that little kick much like my first few bowls of nakhla double apple did before I became immune to its power. Speaking more on what this dark leaf, it is once again aged in oak barrels much like the rest of the alchemist line of tobacco, but I have received confirmation that the stout line does undergo an added fermentation process to make it the best quality possible. In the standard line of alchemist the leaves are French which is something fairly common in modern hookah practice in the united states, this will be the same in the stout line however as opposed to a seco leaf or volado leaf this a ligero leaf which receives the most sunlight and is the last of the leaves to fully mature. Using ligero leaves will give the shisha tobacco a more robust and spicy taste which I can definitely pick out in the flavor profiles of what I am tasting.

On to the smell of this blend, you will be greeted first and foremost by a green apple note. This is almost sour and bitter on the nasal passages and is easily the most recognized flavor of the blend. Second the anise note creeps through. Now with most double apples in these modern times the anise will either be non-existent or it will be too strong. This is not the case with alchemist double apple. It is a strong mild to medium note that is pleasant to the lovers of double apple, my girlfriend who doesn't appreciate double apple nearly as much as I can even enjoy the smell of this particular anise. The last thing you can smell with a deep inhale will be a nice luscious red apple. This is the last part of the blend I can pick out, it's not going to be the strongest smell you can pick up but hey at least it is present which I can say is more than other companies attempts at this blend.

The taste is as follows. My first few puffs I know this is going to be a stellar smoke. I'm instantly greeted with a sour and sweet green apple. Very similar to nakhla ice apple in taste. Not quite a full green apple candy like tangiers or social smoke but as I grown older I don't look for candy flavors making this an absolute winner in my book. It could be more natural but I am loving what I am tasting. The green apple takes a seat in the back around the 20 to 30 minute mark and the anise note kicks right in. With other brands the anise can be a little too much and un-enjoyable for others that are smoking with me. This is not the case with alchemist. This is a mild note of anise, its certainly there but it's not going to over load you with overbearing licorice taste. Lastly you get the red apple that I mentioned before. The red apple is present throughout the bowl but near the end I feel it becomes a main flavor as opposed to just a background note.

All in all this is such a nice smoke. The seasoned veterans of double apple will enjoy this and even the newbies who are resilient about the licorice taste can get their feet wet with this tobacco blend. There is a slight nicotine kick so I would suggest eating a small meal beforehand or having lots of fluids nearby, keep in mind that this won't have tons of facemelting nicotine like other dark leaf tobaccos do so I do suggest trying this out. even if you have no tolerance to nicotine. Would I mix this? Certainly not, I enjoy it too much as a standalone but things like peach, papaya, strawberry, mint, and even a nice orange could all be good choices for this tobacco. Pair it with darker flavors like coffee and chai and you can easily disguise this to a friend who slanders everything that is double apple.

I rate this flavor 10 out of 10. I wouldn't change a single thing. Clouds are huge, the flavor doesn't quit, it's very easy to pack, and it's not heat sensitive whatsoever. This is a must try for everyone.

EQUIPMENT: Khalil maamoon kamanja, alien bowl, kaloud lotus, 2 charcoflare cubes, 1 leonara flat, shika og hose, and a fumari base with regular ol' water.

• Like 2

I have to agree, like I mentioned before I first tried it with two of my friends, one of them only ever having experience with hookah by smoking one other time with me and it was only orange mint and grape mint. I was worried he might not like it but he instantly fell in love with it, all three of us did. They seriously did a great job with this.

• Like 2

I have to agree, like I mentioned before I first tried it with two of my friends, one of them only ever having experience with hookah by smoking one other time with me and it was only orange mint and grape mint. I was worried he might not like it but he instantly fell in love with it, all three of us did. They seriously did a great job with this.

Thanks for reading.

It's the best double Apple I'm jealous you have so much of it. I only have a bowl or two left it has been so enjoyable. I really couldn't believe it. I thought ice Apple was my favorite but this has taken its place

That's funny that a newbie liked it, goes to show just how tasty it really is.

• Like 1

Thanks for reading.

It's the best double Apple I'm jealous you have so much of it. I only have a bowl or two left it has been so enjoyable. I really couldn't believe it. I thought ice Apple was my favorite but this has taken its place

Yeah I took a risk with these big packs, I was worried it wouldn't be good but I got lucky. And yeah he didn't just like it he loved it. I was shocked. And no problem, I wanna get to know more about this brand and you're getting the word out there

• Like 2

Thanks for reading.

Yeah I took a risk with these big packs, I was worried it wouldn't be good but I got lucky. And yeah he didn't just like it he loved it. I was shocked. And no problem, I wanna get to know more about this brand and you're getting the word out there

They've been kind enough to send just about everything they have. Is there any stout you're curious about? I can review that next. I was thinking stone mint because it's just like cane mint tangiers

• Like 1

Thanks for reading. It's the best double Apple I'm jealous you have so much of it. I only have a bowl or two left it has been so enjoyable. I really couldn't believe it. I thought ice Apple was my favorite but this has taken its place

They've been kind enough to send just about everything they have. Is there any stout you're curious about? I can review that next. I was thinking stone mint because it's just like cane mint tangiers

I'm not sure, I'd have to look at their flavors again since I don't remember what they have, stone mint sounds weird though lol

• Like 1

Damn this review makes me want to open up my stash of alchemist double apple right now but no, I must exercise restraint and finish black bear first.

• Like 1

Thanks for reading. It's the best double Apple I'm jealous you have so much of it. I only have a bowl or two left it has been so enjoyable. I really couldn't believe it. I thought ice Apple was my favorite but this has taken its place

I'm not sure, I'd have to look at their flavors again since I don't remember what they have, stone mint sounds weird though lol

Sounds weird but was amazing. Chilled my throat and sinuses out. Very much like cane mint tangiers without all the nicotine

• Like 1

video review is up!

I'm pretty excited to see what you have to say about the stone mint and lemon mint that you mentioned at the end, and also have you tried any flavors so far by this brand that weren't good? So far it seems like there's a lot of hype about this brand and honestly they deserve it but with them selling only those big packs it is a little intimidating. And you gotta get yourself the full batch of double apple lol this is gonna last me awhile personally

• Like 2

video review is up!

I'm pretty excited to see what you have to say about the stone mint and lemon mint that you mentioned at the end, and also have you tried any flavors so far by this brand that weren't good? So far it seems like there's a lot of hype about this brand and honestly they deserve it but with them selling only those big packs it is a little intimidating. And you gotta get yourself the full batch of double apple lol this is gonna last me awhile personally

I guess black bear has been the least enjoyable. It was like gum mint citrus cream and a little berry. But I still did LIKE it. I don't smoke gum flavors but even their guminati flavor was insanely good. I hate to board the hype train but choo choo.

• Like 2