Sign in to follow this  
hookahmatt

Mya Freeze Hose Video Review

I've seen a few of your videos and I do really like the editing of them all, you also do a good job of sounding very professional with it. I feel like I'm watching a really high budget review lol. As for the freeze hose I guess my only gripe is that its an unwashable and has that mya hose restriction, but I do think the hose itself and others like that are pretty interesting in concept.

• Like 3

Thank you for the kind words. I'm working very hard to create a style all of my own. As for the hose. I enjoy what it offers for smaller hookahs that can't handle heavier hoses, also I use this hose only for mint, and I have a hookah I use mainly for mint as well.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm with minthead. Your style is definitely super professional. The cuts in the edit are awesome and your voice is perfect for videos.

• Like 2

The one gripe I have with your reviews Matt is that you seem really bias towards mya. It's cool if you like the brand to each is their own but I get a sellout type of feel whenever I hear you talk about them.

I do enjoy the way you make your vids it's similar to what Paul does and he is my favorite reviewer hands down. You have something unique going for you!

Ps I'm not trying to down play your style and set up choices but the whole mya tone is something I did want to bring up a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

The one gripe I have with your reviews Matt is that you seem really bias towards mya. It's cool if you like the brand to each is their own but I get a sellout type of feel whenever I hear you talk about them.

I do enjoy the way you make your vids it's similar to what Paul does and he is my favorite reviewer hands down. You have something unique going for you!

Ps I'm not trying to down play your style and set up choices but the whole mya tone is something I did want to bring up a few weeks ago.

I have to admit at some points I feel like you're giving a specific product too much credit from Mya, and not mentioning anything negative at all like I think its fair to say mya bowls are pretty lousy and should always be replaced, the same could be argued with the hoses but thats more on preference. I didn't want to be bogus and bring it up though. I guess your videos are more like a commercial style than review, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but since dude flat out said it I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in it as well. But either way I think the higher points go to your production value. It is very good.

Since we're on gripes I guess I could say that when it comes to your reviews dude, the only downside is more of the opposite, you sometimes come off as kind of awkward and seem to have a bit of trouble getting your words out, I mean like I said you're descriptions are good but the execution could use a little work xD

• Like 3

The one gripe I have with your reviews Matt is that you seem really bias towards mya. It's cool if you like the brand to each is their own but I get a sellout type of feel whenever I hear you talk about them. I do enjoy the way you make your vids it's similar to what Paul does and he is my favorite reviewer hands down. You have something unique going for you!

I have to admit at some points I feel like you're giving a specific product too much credit from Mya, and not mentioning anything negative at all like I think its fair to say mya bowls are pretty lousy and should always be replaced, the same could be argued with the hoses but thats more on preference. I didn't want to be bogus and bring it up though. I guess your videos are more like a commercial style than review, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but since dude flat out said it I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in it as well. But either way I think the higher points go to your production value. It is very good.

I mean at the end of the day mya is still Chinese and nearly all Chinese bowls pipes and hoses fall flat and for him not to even remark on longevity/craftsmanship it seems bias to me.

I did want to bring it up since I talk to so many people in the community that really go ballistic about reviewers that do that. It'll help in the long run and show you are an honest person and not under the gun to only leave positive feedback.

But like I said you do have something great going and I'm not trying to be a dick by pointing this out, I just care about what the community hears and sees! That being said I'll still watch all the content you produce since you are a great and honest dude on here.

The one gripe I have with your reviews Matt is that you seem really bias towards mya. It's cool if you like the brand to each is their own but I get a sellout type of feel whenever I hear you talk about them. I do enjoy the way you make your vids it's similar to what Paul does and he is my favorite reviewer hands down. You have something unique going for you!

Since we're on gripes I guess I could say that when it comes to your reviews dude, the only downside is more of the opposite, you sometimes come off as kind of awkward and seem to have a bit of trouble getting your words out, I mean like I said you're descriptions are good but the execution could use a little work xD

Yeah I'm still working on my tone. Talking to a camera is weird man. Especially smoking alone. Matt has it easy with that voiceover thing he does. Lol

The camera picks up every little move I make. Most of which I agree is awkward

• Like 2

I mean at the end of the day mya is still Chinese and nearly all Chinese bowls pipes and hoses fall flat and for him not to even remark on longevity/craftsmanship it seems bias to me.

I did want to bring it up since I talk to so many people in the community that really go ballistic about reviewers that do that. It'll help in the long run and show you are an honest person and not under the gun to only leave positive feedback.

But like I said you do have something great going and I'm not trying to be a dick by pointing this out, I just care about what the community hears and sees! That being said I'll still watch all the content you produce since you are a great and honest dude on here.

Yeah I'm still working on my tone. Talking to a camera is weird man. Especially smoking alone. Matt has it easy with that voiceover thing he does. Lol

The camera picks up every little move I make. Most of which I agree is awkward

I would really like to talk more in depth about all of this and plan to make a video talking about all that had been said. All I try to do is talk about the product I have in my hands, I don't enjoy comparing stuff I don't see the need. The hookahs that I have reviewed are 50$, some kms are 100, I feel there is to big if a division to really compare. Also I don't use Mya bowls other then the review, because that's what comes with the hookah. But I do use a Mya hose and freeze hose because they fit Mya better and are not to heavy, I do prefer my narbish for sure. And have not had a chance to try a silicone hose yet, but I do want one. I do have a bias, towards anything well made, I would have not asked to work with Mya if I did not think what they did was well done.

• Like 1

The one gripe I have with your reviews Matt is that you seem really bias towards mya. It's cool if you like the brand to each is their own but I get a sellout type of feel whenever I hear you talk about them. I do enjoy the way you make your vids it's similar to what Paul does and he is my favorite reviewer hands down. You have something unique going for you! Ps I'm not trying to down play your style and set up choices but the whole mya tone is something I did want to bring up a few weeks ago.

I mean at the end of the day mya is still Chinese and nearly all Chinese bowls pipes and hoses fall flat and for him not to even remark on longevity/craftsmanship it seems bias to me. I did want to bring it up since I talk to so many people in the community that really go ballistic about reviewers that do that. It'll help in the long run and show you are an honest person and not under the gun to only leave positive feedback.

The one gripe I have with your reviews Matt is that you seem really bias towards mya. It's cool if you like the brand to each is their own but I get a sellout type of feel whenever I hear you talk about them. I do enjoy the way you make your vids it's similar to what Paul does and he is my favorite reviewer hands down. You have something unique going for you! Ps I'm not trying to down play your style and set up choices but the whole mya tone is something I did want to bring up a few weeks ago.

I have to admit at some points I feel like you're giving a specific product too much credit from Mya, and not mentioning anything negative at all like I think its fair to say mya bowls are pretty lousy and should always be replaced, the same could be argued with the hoses but thats more on preference. I didn't want to be bogus and bring it up though. I guess your videos are more like a commercial style than review, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but since dude flat out said it I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in it as well. But either way I think the higher points go to your production value. It is very good.Since we're on gripes I guess I could say that when it comes to your reviews dude, the only downside is more of the opposite, you sometimes come off as kind of awkward and seem to have a bit of trouble getting your words out, I mean like I said you're descriptions are good but the execution could use a little work xD

Yeah I'm still working on my tone. Talking to a camera is weird man. Especially smoking alone. Matt has it easy with that voiceover thing he does. Lol The camera picks up every little move I make. Most of which I agree is awkward

I would really like to talk more in depth about all of this and plan to make a video talking about all that had been said. All I try to do is talk about the product I have in my hands, I don't enjoy comparing stuff I don't see the need. The hookahs that I have reviewed are 50$, some kms are 100, I feel there is to big if a division to really compare. Also I don't use Mya bowls other then the review, because that's what comes with the hookah. But I do use a Mya hose and freeze hose because they fit Mya better and are not to heavy, I do prefer my narbish for sure. And have not had a chance to try a silicone hose yet, but I do want one. I do have a bias, towards anything well made, I would have not asked to work with Mya if I did not think what they did was well done.

That makes sense, I didn't get too much of that advertisement feeling from watching your videos, just a little bit lol. Videos like that are helpful though because when people tell me they're interested in getting a hookah I tell them they'll need to spend $100 for something worth buying, there's not many reviews for mya products that I know of so seeing info on these smaller stuff is good, I think there's some bias from myself coming out because I don't like certain things about the mya brand. So if I gave that impression off or unknowingly let my own bias interfere then my bad lol. I still think there should of been a bit more info on the negatives but that's just me. At any rate I'm curious to see what you'll have to say in your next video then

• Like 1

Check out the other videos in my youtube channel. I have two more videos for shisha that I have not had time to post. Links don't seems to work when I post them with my phone. Thank you again for understanding, I think we all have a bias And there is nothing wrong with that. It's about understanding what out bias is about. I like mint flavors, so if a flavor has mint in it, I might like it more then someone else. Finding a reviewer is also seeing if your bias or opinions match up as well. That's how I kind of see it.

Check out the other videos in my youtube channel. I have two more videos for shisha that I have not had time to post. Links don't seems to work when I post them with my phone. Thank you again for understanding, I think we all have a bias And there is nothing wrong with that. It's about understanding what out bias is about. I like mint flavors, so if a flavor has mint in it, I might like it more then someone else. Finding a reviewer is also seeing if your bias or opinions match up as well. That's how I kind of see it.

Actually I've seen all your videos so far, I went ahead and watched them again earlier just to kind of refresh my memory. Mint knockout seems good but I'm intimidated by the heavy menthol of it. And yeah absolutely. I mean, everyone love km but ever since I got this shika, well this specific one because its the soyra and has more of a medium draw, I'm really biased towards shika now since I almost never use my km. I like the shika so much that I almost feel like getting a km isn't even worth it anymore xD

Actually I've seen all your videos so far, I went ahead and watched them again earlier just to kind of refresh my memory. Mint knockout seems good but I'm intimidated by the heavy menthol of it. And yeah absolutely. I mean, everyone love km but ever since I got this shika, well this specific one because its the soyra and has more of a medium draw, I'm really biased towards shika now since I almost never use my km. I like the shika so much that I almost feel like getting a km isn't even worth it anymore xD

Wow! That's an impressive thing to say. I will have to keep my eyes out. I also want to try a regal I hear the draw is amazing.

Wow! That's an impressive thing to say. I will have to keep my eyes out. I also want to try a regal I hear the draw is amazing.

The sorya is supposed to be a Syrian inspired so it has that tighter draw, and I just like that medium draw a lot more than the wide open km. Plus it just looks so good, it did come in with some chips and scratches but I treat it like my baby lol, I haven't seen anything specific for regal that I really want yet. But the idea of wooden hookahs just sound so classy

The sorya is supposed to be a Syrian inspired so it has that tighter draw, and I just like that medium draw a lot more than the wide open km. Plus it just looks so good, it did come in with some chips and scratches but I treat it like my baby lol, I haven't seen anything specific for regal that I really want yet. But the idea of wooden hookahs just sound so classy

I love the idea of an all wood hookah. I enjoy collecting them a lot. I bought a table hookah that I used once and don't really plan to use again. It's a hassle to use and the draw is really bad. Lol. But I just had to have it, just so it's in my collection. That's how I feel about a glass hookah. I don't really like the look of them, but I do want to own one and try it out.

• Like 2