Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yerlleowd

New to it.

Question

9 answers to this question

That's a nice, modern hookah!  I'm less familiar with modern hookahs, only sahara smoke modern hookahs...  Someone will recognize this though, for sure...

I love the glass though, I am up here in Olympia Washington, so, tons of local glass blowers showing off their goods.

I'd upgrade that hose to a glass D hose real quick though, and get yourself an OG bowl :D

SMOKE ON!!!

Thanks for the info and I'll check out your recommendations. Oh should I have to worry about anything rusting out? I was worried when I first saw it that it was a Chinese hookah, and I heard a lot Horry stories about it.

Even if it were a Chinese hookah, some of those can be pretty decent.  

Being that you aren't form savvy, does that mean you are not hookah savvy, thus new?  If so, Welcome to the best of the hookah forums, and, can we get a picture of the heart?  (that's the part the hose port, purge valve, downstem, and base grommet all go).  If we could see if it is an open heart or a closed heart (the chamber) we could give more details (those of us who DON'T know what hookah company built yourn)...

Other than that, smoke it if ya got it!  I still use my 10" crap-tastic pumpkin hookah (when on the go, or for a 'quickie' 20-30 minute 'lunch break' sesh), and I love it!  

Oh yeah, and if you're not totally new, I mean no offense :D

I can't identify it which isn't good lol I'm not saying I know every single company but I take pride in knowing the bigger ones.

There is a chance it'll rust out. To prolong this I would wash it out after you're done for the day and use qtips and really dry out every spot of exposed metal.

Happy smoking!

4 hours ago, yerlleowd said:

1451529250345.thumb.jpg.0c7c5baaf9c21c61

Sorry not very form savy.

wow nice!!!! I don't recognize it though. it's definitely a modern hookah, I just don't think I've seen that one before. 

I agree with Mister Thrice, definitely change the hose. A good hose and a good bowl will make a world of difference in your smoking session. 

3 hours ago, Mister Thrice said:

Even if it were a Chinese hookah, some of those can be pretty decent.  

Being that you aren't form savvy, does that mean you are not hookah savvy, thus new?  If so, Welcome to the best of the hookah forums, and, can we get a picture of the heart?  (that's the part the hose port, purge valve, downstem, and base grommet all go).  If we could see if it is an open heart or a closed heart (the chamber) we could give more details (those of us who DON'T know what hookah company built yourn)...

Other than that, smoke it if ya got it!  I still use my 10" crap-tastic pumpkin hookah (when on the go, or for a 'quickie' 20-30 minute 'lunch break' sesh), and I love it!  

Oh yeah, and if you're not totally new, I mean no offense :D

2 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

I can't identify it which isn't good lol I'm not saying I know every single company but I take pride in knowing the bigger ones.

There is a chance it'll rust out. To prolong this I would wash it out after you're done for the day and use qtips and really dry out every spot of exposed metal.

Happy smoking!

yeah Mister Thrice and Dude are definitely spot on with their advice. 
It's definitely smokable even if it's a Chinese hookah. just keep your eye on it before and after every smoke session and specially when it dries after a good clean. I had that issue with my very first hookah but I wouldn't give up on it, so I used Naval Jelly Rust Remover. You can get it a hardware store or home depot for around $6  and it works wonders. you just put it on the rust, let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse it off. You have to make sure to rinse it well after the jelly treatment. I actually recommend to rinse it of with some lemon juice afterwards so there's no jelly aftertaste. 

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/s_trmt_naval/overview/Loctite-Naval-Jelly-Rust-Dissolver.htm

iu.jpeg.f4c21cd73d69fcd7379b9d1bdb891e80

If you want to wade the waters without spending too much money on new accessories then you should look online for a Nuhose or disposable fancy hose, they run about $4 each and are entirely plastic, very easy to clean and as long as you don't try to break it then it'll last you awhile, just one should be enough really. I say that just because the hose you have is unwashable and flavors like to stick inside our hoses. For a bowl you can get a standard Egyptian clay bowl for around the same price, maybe $6, really easy to pack and takes heat really well.