Sign in to follow this  
Mint Head

What do you guys snack on or drink with your sessions?

Question

Personally I used to drink those cans of Arizona sweet tea pretty often with my sessions but I just go with water now since I get them in gallons a lot, one thing I've really liked lately was trying out some loose leaf tea with my hookah, a friend let me have his spare tin of tea and that's been really pleasant, I usually don't snack on much personally when I smoke and I can't mention anything noteworthy that I have had with it, I think the nicest set up I've had was peppermint hot cocoa while I smoked some peppermint mocha by alchemist blend, that was a nice night. What do you guys like with your sessions?

• Like 4

Personally I used to drink those cans of Arizona sweet tea pretty often with my sessions but I just go with water now since I get them in gallons a lot, one thing I've really liked lately was trying out some loose leaf tea with my hookah, a friend let me have his spare tin of tea and that's been really pleasant, I usually don't snack on much personally when I smoke and I can't mention anything noteworthy that I have had with it, I think the nicest set up I've had was peppermint hot cocoa while I smoked some peppermint mocha by alchemist blend, that was a nice night. What do you guys like with your sessions?

I too like tea with my hookah. If I'm at a lounge I always order a pot. If I'm at home I try and pair it to my hookah even get into mixing two or three tea bags together to get it close to my hookah mix

• Like 4

I like a tall glass of ice water. And I do t like to eat, maybe some chips. But for the most part. I try to just enjoy the smoke. I will drink beer or liquor when hanging with friends.

• Like 3

I like a tall glass of ice water. And I do t like to eat, maybe some chips. But for the most part. I try to just enjoy the smoke. I will drink beer or liquor when hanging with friends.

My friends who do drink I don't like bringing my hookah around, because they have no consideration and aren't careful, I'm sure its nice when you have a drink and friends who know how to relax and be responsible but not when they're drunk and stupid lol

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mint Head said:

My friends who do drink I don't like bringing my hookah around, because they have no consideration and aren't careful, I'm sure its nice when you have a drink and friends who know how to relax and be responsible but not when they're drunk and stupid lol

I wish I could like this more than once lol

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mint Head said: My friends who do drink I don't like bringing my hookah around, because they have no consideration and aren't careful, I'm sure its nice when you have a drink and friends who know how to relax and be responsible but not when they're drunk and stupid lol

I wish I could like this more than once lol

That's ironic since I can't like posts at all right now lol, I'm fortunate not to have someone break my stuff but I've had enough close calls, and they finally stopped pestering me to bring it around, I think what gets me more than that though is they tell me they just want something to smoke, like they don't appreciate the hobby or the flavor its just something to smoke for them while they drink and that kind of annoys me personally

• Like 3

TEA!!!  Most definitely tea!  Sometimes I like to pair it with my smoke, like Dude said, but mostly, I like mix-matching.  I love green tea and black tea, fruit teas and herbal teas, so I'm happy with most any of them...

Snacks are important because I almost exclusively smoke alone (George Thorogood shoutout), and when I do smoke with people, they are new to the hookah experience at all, much less all the nuances of my snobberies...  The second they mention they've had hookah before, and it was with quick lites, I just don't like it when they talk anymore...  So snacks, and drinks, and hookah!  I'll talk, you listen... Let's start with the cardinal rule of hookah sessions:  NO QUICK LIGHT TRASH.

Ahem, sorry...

But along the snack notes, I am no chef, but my parents are both awesome cooks, and I have our family cook book, and they taught me how to cook, so I'm at least nearly as good as they are, but they will always be better due to experience alone...  But I like to make light meals for hookah sometimes... Especially BBQ... Skewers/kebabs, seafood (as I am a vegetarian, this is as far as I go into the 'meat' world anymore), veggies, mushrooms, and I have no qualms cooking meat for the omnivores...

Damn...  it's 2am and I have to get up in 2 hours to get ready for work...  Guess it's time for a hookah session with some friggin' energy drink...  Stupid insomnia crap

• Like 5

TEA!!!  Most definitely tea!  Sometimes I like to pair it with my smoke, like Dude said, but mostly, I like mix-matching.  I love green tea and black tea, fruit teas and herbal teas, so I'm happy with most any of them...

Snacks are important because I almost exclusively smoke alone (George Thorogood shoutout), and when I do smoke with people, they are new to the hookah experience at all, much less all the nuances of my snobberies...  The second they mention they've had hookah before, and it was with quick lites, I just don't like it when they talk anymore...  So snacks, and drinks, and hookah!  I'll talk, you listen... Let's start with the cardinal rule of hookah sessions:  NO QUICK LIGHT TRASH.

Ahem, sorry...

But along the snack notes, I am no chef, but my parents are both awesome cooks, and I have our family cook book, and they taught me how to cook, so I'm at least nearly as good as they are, but they will always be better due to experience alone...  But I like to make light meals for hookah sometimes... Especially BBQ... Skewers/kebabs, seafood (as I am a vegetarian, this is as far as I go into the 'meat' world anymore), veggies, mushrooms, and I have no qualms cooking meat for the omnivores...

Damn...  it's 2am and I have to get up in 2 hours to get ready for work...  Guess it's time for a hookah session with some friggin' energy drink...  Stupid insomnia crap

I hate quick lights, anytime I smoke someone else's hookah that's using them the taste and feel from quick lights literally makes me gag and I can't continue anymore. Personally I'm too lazy to actually cook a real meal in general, much less for hookah, but that honestly sounds really really good, I'm not a vegetarian but some nice veggie or seafood kebabs with mushrooms sounds so good right now lol, and I'm with you on almost exclusively smoking alone, I'm fortunate to have at least a couple friends that come over and appreciate the quality and flavor and know how to behave around a hookah, so those two in particular I don't mind but otherwise I'd prefer not to smoke with anyone else if possible, I don't have much experience with brewing tea yet so in time I'll branch out but so far its been pairing extremely nicely, gonna try to get my hands on some Irish black tea soon and see how that pairs up with double apple or something

• Like 4

I'm weird when it comes to hookah and food and drinks. For the most part I'm usually drinking coffee which doesn't help the flavor of the smoke at all. I'm a tea drinker but not while smoking hookah. When I really want to wind down then I'll have a few glasses of vodka or whiskey.

For some reason I can't do food and hookah because I have this fear that food crumbs are going to get into the hose.... Don't ask. Lol. IF I'm going to eat something, and that's a big if, then I'll snack on something while the second round of coals is cooking, otherwise I eat something after I'm done with my session.

Even when I used to do hookah at the restaurants near where I used to live I would eat first and then smoke at the end of the meal.

Told you I was weird. Lol

• Like 3

I typically have a glass of water and a cup of hot tea, with maybe some crackers/cheese or fruit. I typically try to keep whatever I do eat on the lighter side, just to keep the flavor of the hookah from being overpowered by the food. Then again, some food and beverages go well with certain flavors. :)

• Like 3

I typically have a glass of water and a cup of hot tea, with maybe some crackers/cheese or fruit. I typically try to keep whatever I do eat on the lighter side, just to keep the flavor of the hookah from being overpowered by the food. Then again, some food and beverages go well with certain flavors.

Agreed. If you smoke pan raas you can have a bold red wine with it and it will be fantastic.

• Like 2

Arizona green tea and grapes and pita chips and hummus

That actually sounds good.

• Like 1

I usually drink tea, a Coke Zero, or water during my sessions.  Occasionally I'll make a full meal to go with the hookah, but most of the time I'm much too lazy to do that.  I have an embarrassing amount of snack food stored in my room, so I usually end up munching on something (protein and granola bars, popcorn, fruit cups...).  :)

• Like 3

I tried to get away from drinking so much coffee but smoking is not the same without it or without vodka. Water is just too boring for me when I'm enjoying a nice bowl.

• Like 2

Had some earl grey with the Nakhla earl grey the other day, it was very interesting. Other than that, Ive been mainly drinking yerba mate with my sessions lately.

• Like 2

I decided to break my rule and have some Long Islands with my hookah tonight. ;)  

IMG_20160222_181828.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/14/2016 at 8:11 AM, Mint Head said:

I hate quick lights, anytime I smoke someone else's hookah that's using them the taste and feel from quick lights literally makes me gag and I can't continue anymore. Personally I'm too lazy to actually cook a real meal in general, much less for hookah, but that honestly sounds really really good, I'm not a vegetarian but some nice veggie or seafood kebabs with mushrooms sounds so good right now lol, and I'm with you on almost exclusively smoking alone, I'm fortunate to have at least a couple friends that come over and appreciate the quality and flavor and know how to behave around a hookah, so those two in particular I don't mind but otherwise I'd prefer not to smoke with anyone else if possible, I don't have much experience with brewing tea yet so in time I'll branch out but so far its been pairing extremely nicely, gonna try to get my hands on some Irish black tea soon and see how that pairs up with double apple or something

On 1/14/2016 at 4:51 AM, Mister Thrice said:

Ahem, sorry...

I also despise quick-lights....they leave the smoke tasting like shit sometimes. I can see the convenience of them if you go somewhere remote, but other than that, I think id rather light cocos on a fire or something. haha

• Like 4

I decided to break my rule and have some Long Islands with my hookah tonight.   

IMG_20160222_181828.thumb.jpg.0681f7bd1a59166948501e946d569667.jpg

I haven't had a Long Island iced tea in a very long time. Mainly because all my good stories start with: "So I was fucked up on LIIT an then ..." So I just had to cut it out for a while. A loooooong while.

Like there was this one time at a bar this chick wanted my awesome T-shirt and I wanted her panties so we had to trade, but she had to take them off right there at the bar in front of everybody. She did, so I gave her my one of a kind awesome t-shirt. Good thing in NYC is not illegal to walk around topless.

Sorry, I don't know why I felt I had to share that but it's one of my milder crazy stories.

• Like 3

I haven't had a Long Island iced tea in a very long time. Mainly because all my good stories start with: "So I was fucked up on LIIT an then ..." So I just had to cut it out for a while. A loooooong while.

Like there was this one time at a bar this chick wanted my awesome T-shirt and I wanted her panties so we had to trade, but she had to take them off right there at the bar in front of everybody. She did, so I gave her my one of a kind awesome t-shirt. Good thing in NYC is not illegal to walk around topless.

Sorry, I don't know why I felt I had to share that but it's one of my milder crazy stories.

I'm almost afraid to know about the other stories if you consider this one mild lmao

• Like 1

I haven't had a Long Island iced tea in a very long time. Mainly because all my good stories start with: "So I was fucked up on LIIT an then ..." So I just had to cut it out for a while. A loooooong while. Like there was this one time at a bar this chick wanted my awesome T-shirt and I wanted her panties so we had to trade, but she had to take them off right there at the bar in front of everybody. She did, so I gave her my one of a kind awesome t-shirt. Good thing in NYC is not illegal to walk around topless.

I'm almost afraid to know about the other stories if you consider this one mild lmao

I have a wild streak. My other ones I actually save them for when I know people better because they are actually quite out there. I have a thing about making "nice girls" do naughty things in public. Lol.

• Like 1

I think that song "blame it on the alcohol" very much comes into play here. Long islands can make a man think he's the almighty zul from ghost busters. Word in the literary community is dr. Jekyll synthesized early long islands that transformed him into mr Hyde.....

• Like 1

I haven't had a Long Island iced tea in a very long time. Mainly because all my good stories start with: "So I was fucked up on LIIT an then ..." So I just had to cut it out for a while. A loooooong while. Like there was this one time at a bar this chick wanted my awesome T-shirt and I wanted her panties so we had to trade, but she had to take them off right there at the bar in front of everybody. She did, so I gave her my one of a kind awesome t-shirt. Good thing in NYC is not illegal to walk around topless.

I think that song "blame it on the alcohol" very much comes into play here. Long islands can make a man think he's the almighty zul from ghost busters. Word in the literary community is dr. Jekyll synthesized early long islands that transformed him into mr Hyde.....

Rotflmao. That'll be me. An old girlfriend told me that if you put a Long Island iced tea in my hand and a cigar in my mouth I become a different person; fun, but totally different.

• Like 2

Rotflmao. That'll be me. An old girlfriend told me that if you put a Long Island iced tea in my hand and a cigar in my mouth I become a different person; fun, but totally different.

I know this is a hookah forum but I've been meaning go grab myself a Cuban, I hear they've been distributing them out of the country now. First cigar I've ever had was a monte cristo habana

• Like 1

I know this is a hookah forum but I've been meaning go grab myself a Cuban, I hear they've been distributing them out of the country now. First cigar I've ever had was a monte cristo habana

yeah I figured that the floodgates would open after the US reconciled with Cuba.

Monte cristo has got to be my favorite brand right next to Romeo y Julieta.

A few years ago I tried a real cohiba, the ones with the light purple bands from Cuba and it had to be the best cigar I've ever smoked. I got it from an old boss whose dad was a pilot and he had some weird route where he could get the cigars, pay a tax in another country on his route and then bring them in. He would only bring a box at a time because it wasn't often, but man what a treat that was to smoke that cigar.

• Like 2

yeah I figured that the floodgates would open after the US reconciled with Cuba. Monte cristo has got to be my favorite brand right next to Romeo y Julieta.

A few years ago I tried a real cohiba, the ones with the light purple bands from Cuba and it had to be the best cigar I've ever smoked. I got it from an old boss whose dad was a pilot and he had some weird route where he could get the cigars, pay a tax in another country on his route and then bring them in. He would only bring a box at a time because it wasn't often, but man what a treat that was to smoke that cigar.

Cohiba is one that I've been meaning to try, I hear Monte cristro cigars were ranked the best in the world in 2013, I'm just glad my first experience with a cigar was so good, I loved it personally, it was very old though from back before they stopped importing them and it was one that managed to keep a decent humidity level out of the box we have, my grandmother used to bring a box back for my dad way back then whenever they'd go to Cuba since she was a resident there.

• Like 1