Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • 0
Ecko_1

Some potential hookah buys

Question

So I found a supplier here in South Africa that has stock of some hookah stuff I haven't been able to find locally.

Firstly...Starbuzz shisha. He has stock of the silver 250g tins. It's quite expensive so I will buy 1 tin for now. Hit me with your favourite flavour.

Secondly. Khaloud Lotus. Is this worth the purchase?

Mya Ice hose. I haven't seen any ice hoses locally so not many options here. I'm not sure if it is washable or not though.

Heba diffuser . Worth buying?

Your input will be valued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Ecko_1 said:

So I found a supplier here in South Africa that has stock of some hookah stuff I haven't been able to find locally.

Firstly...Starbuzz shisha. He has stock of the silver 250g tins. It's quite expensive so I will buy 1 tin for now. Hit me with your favourite flavour.

Secondly. Khaloud Lotus. Is this worth the purchase?

Mya Ice hose. I haven't seen any ice hoses locally so not many options here. I'm not sure if it is washable or not though.

Heba diffuser . Worth buying?

Your input will be valued.

for the standard starbuzz blue surfer is excellent. It's pineapple, it's blue, it's cold. Love that stuff. Another for me would be grapefruit; simple yet refreshing. Last one would be watermelon, it's very natural. Runner up is melon blue.

I swear by the kaloud lotus. I hardly ever smoke without it. That being said it isn't necessary as part of a hookah kit.

The ice hoses dull the flavor and any mya product is NOT cool by me. HookahMatt will say otherwise but I only shop with brands who have integrity.

The heba is a cool device. I personally like other diffusers better but for what it is it'll get the job done. It'll quiet the hookah tremendously, provide you with a smoother smoke, and is said to cut the nicotine and byproducts in half but no studies have shown it to be true or false.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ecko_1 said:

So I found a supplier here in South Africa that has stock of some hookah stuff I haven't been able to find locally.

Firstly...Starbuzz shisha. He has stock of the silver 250g tins. It's quite expensive so I will buy 1 tin for now. Hit me with your favourite flavour.

Secondly. Khaloud Lotus. Is this worth the purchase?

Mya Ice hose. I haven't seen any ice hoses locally so not many options here. I'm not sure if it is washable or not though.

Heba diffuser . Worth buying?

Your input will be valued.

 

Here is a review i did of the Mya  Freeze hose, i like it, and i have washed mine before, just make sure to dry it out fast, i try to just keep this as a hose i use with mint flavors, i never noticed it dulled the flavor, i like it, but thats just me, i like well made products.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hookahmatt said:

 

Here is a review i did of the Mya  Freeze hose, i like it, and i have washed mine before, just make sure to dry it out fast, i try to just keep this as a hose i use with mint flavors, i never noticed it dulled the flavor, i like it, but thats just me, i like well made products.

 

ice hoses are just a gimmick as it is. There are way better alternatives to this if you have to instantly dry this hose to keep the hose from rusting on the inside.

Most of the veterans will agree with me that subtle notes are diminished. I've used the mystique at a local lounge countless times with a large group of friends and it'll only amplify mint chill but overall kills the other great parts of dissecting a mix or flavor.

To you ecko I say get some extra afzal or al fakher and call it a day, you have to plan your sessions accordingly as well since you can't just leave the ice packs in the freezer because they'll freeze; go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have to agree with dude on this one. The ice tip does dull down the flavors for me but that's the trade off of a cool smoke. I do think they were made to intensify the mint flavors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dd0723 said:

I do have to agree with dude on this one. The ice tip does dull down the flavors for me but that's the trade off of a cool smoke. I do think they were made to intensify the mint flavors

Like i said i try to keep that hose to just to mint flavors, that could be why i dont notice a dulling in my flavor, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dd0723 said: I do have to agree with dude on this one. The ice tip does dull down the flavors for me but that's the trade off of a cool smoke. I do think they were made to intensify the mint flavors

Like i said i try to keep that hose to just to mint flavors, that could be why i dont notice a dulling in my flavor, 

Ah ok that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×