iotterbeinbed

Hello!

My name is Jo!  Hookah smoking has been a hobby of sorts for a few years - I adore the social aspect, and experimenting with different flavor combos.  Where I live in the Midwest, I don't meet a lot of people who share this interest, so I thought it'd be nifty to join an online forum.  I only own one hookah - a Mya Chic - and it has served me well for several years.  My stash of shisha and various devices and accessories has been growing over the last year or so - I think I'm at six hoses right now (they just sort of accumulate), so at some point, I want to invest in a larger two hose hookah.  :)  I'm currently focusing on surviving college, and I work with the pediatric oncology population, so it's nice to be able to come home and relax while smoking a delicious bowl with friends.

Current favorite shisha: Social Smoke's Honeydew Melon, with a little Al Fakher mint... I'm a sucker for anything melon.
Current favorite coals: Titanium Coconut - previously, Coconara, but I went through a couple boxes last year that seemed to be of subpar quality, so I switched.  Still on the hunt for a perfect coal.
Current favorite hose: Mya Silicone hookah hose, so easy to clean!  The weight feels nice as well.  :D  Cat hair sticks like mad to it, so I have a hose cover.

Here's my shisha collection - a wee bit disorganized at the moment.

2ee9a20f-b7f8-4857-aa31-0b876740012b.thu

• Like 4

4 hours ago, iotterbeinbed said:

My name is Jo!  Hookah smoking has been a hobby of sorts for a few years - I adore the social aspect, and experimenting with different flavor combos.  Where I live in the Midwest, I don't meet a lot of people who share this interest, so I thought it'd be nifty to join an online forum.  I only own one hookah - a Mya Chic - and it has served me well for several years.  My stash of shisha and various devices and accessories has been growing over the last year or so - I think I'm at six hoses right now (they just sort of accumulate), so at some point, I want to invest in a larger two hose hookah.  :)  I'm currently focusing on surviving college, and I work with the pediatric oncology population, so it's nice to be able to come home and relax while smoking a delicious bowl with friends.

Current favorite shisha: Social Smoke's Honeydew Melon, with a little Al Fakher mint... I'm a sucker for anything melon.
Current favorite coals: Titanium Coconut - previously, Coconara, but I went through a couple boxes last year that seemed to be of subpar quality, so I switched.  Still on the hunt for a perfect coal.
Current favorite hose: Mya Silicone hookah hose, so easy to clean!  The weight feels nice as well.  :D  Cat hair sticks like mad to it, so I have a hose cover.

2ee9a20f-b7f8-4857-aa31-0b876740012b.thu

Welcome to the forum Jo. I'm definitely with you on having more than a few hoses. 

My name is Jo!  Hookah smoking has been a hobby of sorts for a few years - I adore the social aspect, and experimenting with different flavor combos.  Where I live in the Midwest, I don't meet a lot of people who share this interest, so I thought it'd be nifty to join an online forum.  I only own one hookah - a Mya Chic - and it has served me well for several years.  My stash of shisha and various devices and accessories has been growing over the last year or so - I think I'm at six hoses right now (they just sort of accumulate), so at some point, I want to invest in a larger two hose hookah.    I'm currently focusing on surviving college, and I work with the pediatric oncology population, so it's nice to be able to come home and relax while smoking a delicious bowl with friends.

Current favorite hose: Mya Silicone hookah hose, so easy to clean!  The weight feels nice as well.    Cat hair sticks like mad to it, so I have a hose cover.

2ee9a20f-b7f8-4857-aa31-0b876740012b.thumb.jpg.6b37b068c20ad56e65418a6e3135b1f8.jpg

I have a few Mya hookahs, and I really like them. Good quality and easy to have, use and clean. Check out my youtube channel if you want to see some of my reviews of some Mya hookahs and other hookah stuff. It's great to have you on the site! I just bought some af Guava, I use to love that stuff it's been a while since I have smoked it. What bowl do you use.

• Like 2

I don't want to sound like a jerk, and you probably may of known but be weary with multiple hose hookahs, you can't really draw any smoke from them unless everyone else plus their hose tip, its unfortunate, and funny enough with what matt said I just got my AF guava in too, haven't had it in forever myself.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, hookahmatt said:

I have a few Mya hookahs, and I really like them. Good quality and easy to have, use and clean. Check out my youtube channel if you want to see some of my reviews of some Mya hookahs and other hookah stuff. It's great to have you on the site! I just bought some af Guava, I use to love that stuff it's been a while since I have smoked it. What bowl do you use.

I generally use a Vortex 1.5 bowl and I'm content with it - I must admit, I haven't experimented much with bowls, but I should.  I have a flip bowl that I use occasionally as well, but it seems a little unstable (because I have a small hookah and the flip bowl is half its size?)...

6 hours ago, Mint Head said:

I don't want to sound like a jerk, and you probably may of known but be weary with multiple hose hookahs, you can't really draw any smoke from them unless everyone else plus their hose tip, its unfortunate, and funny enough with what matt said I just got my AF guava in too, haven't had it in forever myself.

You don't sound like a jerk!  I have fond memories from using a two-hose with my best friend (my first experience, actually) - I don't mind having to plug it... it would be really inconvenient if it were more than two hoses though, or people weren't inclined to plug it.  I'll have to think about it some more!

• Like 2

My name is Jo!  Hookah smoking has been a hobby of sorts for a few years - I adore the social aspect, and experimenting with different flavor combos.  Where I live in the Midwest, I don't meet a lot of people who share this interest, so I thought it'd be nifty to join an online forum.  I only own one hookah - a Mya Chic - and it has served me well for several years.  My stash of shisha and various devices and accessories has been growing over the last year or so - I think I'm at six hoses right now (they just sort of accumulate), so at some point, I want to invest in a larger two hose hookah.    I'm currently focusing on surviving college, and I work with the pediatric oncology population, so it's nice to be able to come home and relax while smoking a delicious bowl with friends.

Current favorite hose: Mya Silicone hookah hose, so easy to clean!  The weight feels nice as well.    Cat hair sticks like mad to it, so I have a hose cover.

2ee9a20f-b7f8-4857-aa31-0b876740012b.thumb.jpg.6b37b068c20ad56e65418a6e3135b1f8.jpg

Hi Jo. Welcome to the forums we are glad to see you on here. Feel free to ask any question that you want. We don't belittle nor judge anybody here. We are all so different and we all learn from each other a lot.

Don't worry about a messy shisha stash. You should see my place. I have hookahs, hoses and shisha in 3 different places. I like to keep a hookah, and hoses in the basement for when I'm working... Well not anymore after the incident two weekends ago. My gf has banned me to smoking only in the smoking room but is cold as hell back here so I have to use a portable heater for the room. It works well but meh.

Since I have 6 hookahs, I do have a very large collection of hoses as well... 12 that I can think of the top of my head, but you can never have too many hoses. Never ever!

By the way extra brownie points for saying social smoke is one of your favorite brands. If I was stranded on an island with only one flavor it would be social smoke dulce de Leche lol

Welcome and have fun perusing around.

• Like 1

Welcome! Feel free to ask about anything here, between all of us we could write a very in depth hookah manual.

Kudos for the social smoke and al fakher I love almost every flavor of each of them more specifically ss arctic lemon, blue raspberry, and mobster. If I had to pick one al fakher I suppose it would be orange mint.

You should try out some alchemist shisha, they focus on boutique flavors similar to social smoke and tangiers. I think you would like majestic melon a lot. It's honeydew and watermelon. It was actually the first video review I ever published lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

Welcome! Feel free to ask about anything here, between all of us we could write a very in depth hookah manual.

Kudos for the social smoke and al fakher I love almost every flavor of each of them more specifically ss arctic lemon, blue raspberry, and mobster. If I had to pick one al fakher I suppose it would be orange mint.

You should try out some alchemist shisha, they focus on boutique flavors similar to social smoke and tangiers. I think you would like majestic melon a lot. It's honeydew and watermelon. It was actually the first video review I ever published lol

I watched the review!  And then I checked Hookah-Shisha to see if they sold it... they do!  But in HUGE containers!  I wish they had 50-100g!  All of the flavors sound DELICIOUS.  Right now I'm a broke college student, but the Majestic Melon is definitely going to happen soon :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, dd0723 said:

If I was stranded on an island with only one flavor it would be social smoke dulce de Leche lol

Dulce de Leche will be in my next order - I keep hearing spectacular things about it.  What are your other social smoke favorites?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said: Welcome! Feel free to ask about anything here, between all of us we could write a very in depth hookah manual.

I watched the review!  And then I checked Hookah-Shisha to see if they sold it... they do!  But in HUGE containers!  I wish they had 50-100g!  All of the flavors sound DELICIOUS.  Right now I'm a broke college student, but the Majestic Melon is definitely going to happen soon :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, dd0723 said:  If I was stranded on an island with only one flavor it would be social smoke dulce de Leche lol

Dulce de Leche will be in my next order - I keep hearing spectacular things about it.  What are your other social smoke favorites?

Oh so many... Voltage, sex Panther, mobster, cherry cinnamon, clove, watermelon chill, the edge. Just recently I got a social smoke order with some white rhino but I haven't tried that one yet. So those are at the top of my head. A few of them they discontinued last year so you are not going to find all of them on their site.

• Like 2

Been moving and surviving said move, and without internet for the most of it, but, I've seen you around the forum a bit now, and you are a positive boost to the community, and we appreciate you!  

I would like to throw my 0.02 on the two-hose hookah thing:  If you have an inclined smoking associate...  If you have bowl familiartity/coal familiarity (heat management, and you do from the sound of things, of course) etc.  Two-hose hookahs are an excellent social element.  I own one Sahara Smoke hookah that I have to keep tinkering with it's copper purge valve extension I added to it to allow it to purge like a KM...  but when it works right...

DUDE-  We should totally collaborate on a book!  We as in the forum!  That sounds like a rad idea, and, a killer way to get people to the forum, too!  My brain just had a 90's montage moment when I read that...

Damn...  So many flavors I can't order... gotta love that law they passed in WA in 2009 that they just NOW decided to start enforcing... So now I can't order shisha online... LAME...  LAME, LAME.  

I have a work-around plan formulating, but man, NO ONE AROUND HERE SELLS:

Naklhla

Al Fakher

Social Smoke

Starbuzz

Tangier's

AND THOSE ARE MY GO-TO'S!!!!

Big sigh.  Then a big hit off my Nakhla.

I will try these flavors, even if it means road trip to Oregon or Idaho :)

• Like 2