Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Titanium After Dark

Flavored Bases?

Question

Hey guys! I was talking to some of my friends at our lounge last night and was trying to decide how I feel about flavored bases, such as using orange juice in the base rather than water. What do you guys think? Is it worth it? and what are some of your favorite flavor bases to use? :) 

9 answers to this question

Hey guys! I was talking to some of my friends at our lounge last night and was trying to decide how I feel about flavored bases, such as using orange juice in the base rather than water. What do you guys think? Is it worth it? and what are some of your favorite flavor bases to use?  

I love to make base cocktails but I always have more water than anything. I'll do mint leaves, fresh lime juice and lime wedges, cardamon spice, sometimes cinnamon and sugar, and every now and then some cranberry juice.

The most important thing to remember is highly acidic juices can cause pitting in your hookah stem so wash it out after you use it.

Hey guys! I was talking to some of my friends at our lounge last night and was trying to decide how I feel about flavored bases, such as using orange juice in the base rather than water. What do you guys think? Is it worth it? and what are some of your favorite flavor bases to use?  

I personally haven't found too much of a difference in using different things in the base. I've done a bottle of wine for smoking pan raas, orange juice for citrusy shisha, grapes, clementines and even vodka which didn't make a difference at all. I was pissed at wasting the vodka instead of drinking it though. The impact in the smoke quality was minimal so I haven't done it recently.

I have used juices but I never felt like it was worth it. Honestly most of the flavor is going to come from the shisha and if you want to accent it you should just drink/eat some thing that goes with the flavor. 

2 hours ago, chernobyl said:

I have used juices but I never felt like it was worth it. Honestly most of the flavor is going to come from the shisha and if you want to accent it you should just drink/eat some thing that goes with the flavor. 

This. For days! :D

I am a flavored bass hooker... sorry is that the wrong term?  How about 'cocktail floozy'? or 'Juke Joint Jezebel?'  Whatever you wish to call me, I like to change the base up a LOT.  Colors, lights, fruits, juices, dashes of alcohol (for a subtle hint, pure alcohol is a mixed bag and I dont  care for that personally), ice, colored ice, fancy ice, ice that as it melts changes the flavor of the base water (like a SUPER strong mint liquid frozen into ice cubes will change the base from whatever you had it as (preferably without mint for contrast) to a nice, moderate mint hint in the smoke...

Try it!!  What's the worst that can happen, you don't like it and now you know?  Ooh, also, take pictures and share your experiences!!  Hopefully with us...

On 3/12/2016 at 3:20 PM, Mister Thrice said:

I am a flavored bass hooker... sorry is that the wrong term?  How about 'cocktail floozy'? or 'Juke Joint Jezebel?'  Whatever you wish to call me, I like to change the base up a LOT.  Colors, lights, fruits, juices, dashes of alcohol (for a subtle hint, pure alcohol is a mixed bag and I dont  care for that personally), ice, colored ice, fancy ice, ice that as it melts changes the flavor of the base water (like a SUPER strong mint liquid frozen into ice cubes will change the base from whatever you had it as (preferably without mint for contrast) to a nice, moderate mint hint in the smoke...

Try it!!  What's the worst that can happen, you don't like it and now you know?  Ooh, also, take pictures and share your experiences!!  Hopefully with us...

I've seen some remarkable hookah cocktails online, especially in glass hookahs. Im tempted to try my own at some point, when I have the ingredients/I'm not lazy. :D

I've seen some remarkable hookah cocktails online, especially in glass hookahs. Im tempted to try my own at some point, when I have the ingredients/I'm not lazy.

Yeah I don't think I have the patience to mix more than just two flavors. Lol